The Little Red Ribbon

The Little Red Ribbon

A Story by Amanda Naomi

Away in the East, rising fast above the land, the sun was dancing light on his night covered earth, and lovingly sent the stars back to their slumber.

The sun rose high in the sky, and he looked down to the ground, caressing his loves with his warm gentle rays of light. There was his sand, undisturbed from the night before. There was his swing, empty as always, there was his breeze, blowing in from the north. And there were his waves, crashing in white salty foam upon the blue surface. But then he saw something new, something that was not his, something with which he knew not what to do. It was a little red ribbon, lying just there on his sand, not far from his swing.

All day he wondered just what he should do with regard to this new little red ribbon. It was not until his last light had begun to fade did he know how to handle this little red ribbon.

The night before was a lovely warm night. There was a gentle breeze coming in from the North. The stars were awake, shining brightly down from their heavenly resting places.

She was on a swing that was placed gently upon the sandy beach. On each dip of the swing, her toes grazed the top of the sand, which to her were tiny kisses of sandy bliss.

She wore a flowing, whit, afternoon dress with a red sash tied around her waist. And there was a little red ribbon in her breeze ruffled hair. As the swing dove, she could see behind her, the little red ribbon was rippling in the air as if in a sacred dance, never to be seen by unworthy eyes.

The white crashes of the waves were all she could see of the vast dark ocean, but she cared not to see more. The sounds of the waves crashing were enough to fill her longing heart.

As she jumped from the swing, white cotton swam about her legs as if to thwart her decision to leave so suddenly. But she laughed and took no more notice as she ran to the place where the land meets the water.

A wave trickled over her bare little toes and she pulled up the white dress which hung loosely below her knees. The water was surprisingly warm. As the wave drew back her feet were covered with sand. She stayed in that place for a few moments more, simply allowing the waves to come and burry her deeper below the sandy surface.

She pulled her feet from their wet sandy home, and danced back to the warm dry sand several paces away. She began to spin and to dance, and to dance and to spin for the sand and the ocean and stars. She gave back to the beauty that had so enthralled her senses only moments before. The wind breathed out with a gust, blowing the little red ribbon from her hair, but the girl did not notice for she had closed her eyes as she continued to spin and she continued to dance into the night. And without notice, the stars began to fade.

Away in the East, rising fast above the land, the sun was dancing light on his night covered earth, and lovingly sent the stars back to their slumber.

The sun rose high in the sky, and he looked down to the ground, caressing his loves with his warm gentle rays of light. There was his sand, undisturbed from the night before. There was his swing, empty as always, there was his breeze, blowing in from the north. And there were his waves, crashing in white salty foam upon the blue surface. And there was his little red ribbon, lying on his sand, not far from his swing. 

© 2008 Amanda Naomi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a sweet gentle sadness! The emotional energy is powerful. Your gift is the beauty you have within you. I hope you continue to write and to craft your skills. The substance is there. You have so much to offer to the world....

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Added on April 30, 2008

Author

Amanda Naomi
Amanda Naomi

WA



About
I am from the wildest imagination From a selfless child with nothing to hide Im from a broken family filled with love And too, from a family broken with lack of love I am from the tip of a pen F.. more..

Writing
The War The War

A Poem by Amanda Naomi