Chapter 2 - Marked

Chapter 2 - Marked

A Chapter by Marina Kayne
"

After Taylor discovers her telekinetic powers she wakes up in a room and finds that her hand is marked. This is the second chapter to Mark Me

"

Chapter Two - Marked

I woke up with pillows in my face and throbbing hand. I pushed the pillows out of my face and sat up swinging my feet over the edge of the bed and quickly scanned the room I was in. On the side of the bed there was two doors, a carpet and two raindrop shaped wicker chairs hanging from the roof. There was a large bookshelf with a couple books. In front of the bed there was a glass screen on the wall and blocking my view was a boy. I screamed and threw a pillow at him. Like that would help. He caught the pillow and threw it back. Then I recognized him. It was the boy who attached me with a bench and stabbed me in the arm. Hunter.

I stood up quickly backing up against the wall. "Stay away from me." I said. My hand searched the bedside table for something to throw at him or hit him with. My hand wrapped around a lamp. He took a step toward me and I pointed the lamp at him. He stepped closer to me and I swung the lamp, he dodge the lamp then grabbed it out of my hand and threw it on the floor. He grabbed the side of my arms and pulled me closer to him. "Calm down." Hunter said. "You're safe here, just stay calm."

"That's exactly what you said last time before you stabbed me in the arm." I said and yanked free from his grip and ran toward the open glass door leading to the stairs but before I got there it shut right in front of me. I started pulling at the door but it wouldn't budge. I turned around and stared at Hunter whose hand was raised at the door. "Look the only reason I stabbed you in the arm is to remove the tracker in your arm so when I took you here they wouldn't find you and the rest of us."

Rest of us? So he meant that there were more people like me, like him. How was that possible, how was it even possible for there to be a safe place for us? Or to have these abilities? And tracker? I don't ever recall getting a tracker put into my arm.

I walked over to the end of the bed I woke up in, sat down and scratched my right palm. "Tracker?" I questioned. "Everyone who's born has a tracker put into their arm so that the government can keep track of everyone and know where they are at all times. They are able to find if you run or anything like that. No one knows about he trackers except the people who put the in, the government and us." Hunter explained. I nodded and he looked at me as if he expected me to ask millions of questions.

I probably would have asked a million questions but my palm was scratching like crazy and it really annoyed me. I looked down at it and saw something strange mark on it, something that had never been there before. It was a mark the shape of an eye, it had small triangles for eyelashes. The iris of it was two curved hands that appeared to have the pupil floating between them. I looked up at Hunter. "What's this?" I demanded showing him my marked palm. He smiled. "It's your mark." "Mark?" I asked. "Anyone like us gets it, it appears on your skin after a couple years. The problem with yours is that it's so obvious and..." He stopped talking and smiled at me then realized he was smiling and stopped. "What?" I asked. "Nothing, but you should come with me."

I stood up waiting for Hunter to move but he just kept staring at me. "What?" I asked again for the second time in seconds. "Nothing, you're uh, you're just really tall for a girl." I looked at him strangely. I knew that wasn't really it but decided to let it go and said "I know I am, I'm 5'11 that's pretty tall for a girl." Hunter nodded and half smiled.

I followed Hunter through the glass door and down stairs where there was another room. I didn't have time to look at it before I had to walk through another door leading into a huge circular room. All around there were doors probably leading to other rooms like the one I was in and in the middle of the room there was a huge metal spiraling stair case leading some where.

Hunter lead me down some stairs and down into a room that was a copy of the circular room we were just in. He walked to a wooden door with a golden knob and the eye symbol in graved in the door. Hunter knocked and opened the door quietly. A guy was sitting by a desk yelling at someone else who was leaning against a bookcase. He looked up and went silent as he heard us come in. I automatically felt awkward standing there.

The man had blonde hair that was gelled back. He looked like he was in his late twenties. He had cold blue eyes staring straight at me from under the black rectangular rimmed glasses. He was wearing a green plaid shirt and was sitting behind a desk in a modern desk chair. The person he was yelling at us turned around and looked at us and smiled. He had a cheeky smile, chocolate brown eyes and brown hair.

"Who is this?" He asked in a southern accent. "Taylor." Hunter said. "She's one of us." "Let me see." The man said to me. At first I was confused. See what? I'm standing right here. Did he want me to prove myself by killing or nearly killing people again? I looked to Hunter for help. He pointed to the palm of his hand. I turned my right hand over and showed the man the mark. He grabbed my wrist and pulled it closer to him. I had to grab the desk with my other hand to prevent myself from being pulled onto the it. He stared at it for a long time before letting go. "Hunter I need to talk to you alone. Would you mind waiting outside?" He asked me. "Not at all." I said and excused myself. "And you." He yelled at the other boy. "Get out."

I stood outside the door listening to the yelling going on it the room I had recently been in. I felt sorry for Hunter who was stuck in there alone being yelled at. I tried listening to what they were saying. They were talking about me that much I knew. "Why did you bring her here." I heard the man yell followed by a loud thwacking noise as he probably brought down one of his hands on the desk. "She is one of us and if I did they would have found her a killed her. You know how it is out there." Hunter yelled back. "She's dangerous." Said the man. I felt like laughing. Me? Dangerous? Never. There is nothing I could do to harm a human even if I tried. Not that I'm weak just the fact of me being the cause of someone's pain or death and the fact I have no idea how to defend myself and much less hit. Then again what happened earlier does not really support that point. In fact I can harm a human against my will or own consciousness.

"Dangerous? Really?" Hunter laughed. "She may be more dangerous then us but is nothing compared to the outside world and the people there." "Did you remove her tracker?" the guy asked. "Of course I did, if I didn't we would all be dead by now." Hunter said annoyed. 
"Her mark, it's different, one of the triangles is missing. When one is missing it means that, that they are almost twice as powerful and have such a huge range in what she can do. The thing is that it's a lot harder for her to keep their abilities under control." The man said gravely lowering his voice so I could barely hear what he said but it wasn't low enough for me not to here. I looked at my hand and noticed that the eyelash, triangle thing was missing from the right corner of the eye tattooed on my palm. "Don't you think I know that." Hunter said.

"Did other people see her use her ability." The man questioned. "Yes, but the two governments men are most likely dead." "Most likely." He yelled. "Most likely is not good enough. At least with you they were all dead. They may not find her by her tracker but they'll find another way. Track her down a different way or lure her out of here and when they have her they'll probably torture until she tell them if there's more of us and where we are. If not that they'll probably experiment on her and try see how is able to do what she can and see how she's different. Her staying her is going to cause her more pain then if she would have just died or if we would kill her now."

"You can't kill her, there's a small amount of us as it is. Maybe staying here will cause her more pain but she'll live longer and throwing her out would be even worse. It's too late now anyway to change what we've done. We can at least try keep her safe." Hunter yelled back and it was silent for a long time. He was fighting for me to stay. That was so sweet. But I felt rather un welcome after he yelled that I should be killed. The thing that was bothering me most about that conversation was when he said that the government would be after me and hurt me and that was not something I wanted. Frankly I didn't want to live in the world as it is now. Maybe he was right. It would have been better if I had died. But that wasn't the only thing that bothered me. 'At least with you they were all dead.'

"You know that eaves dropping." Someone said interrupting my trail of thought. I turned around and saw the boy who was being yelled at earlier leaning against the wall. "So." I said raising an eyebrow. He smiled. "I do it too though." He said. "So what's up with this guy. Is his job to like yell at people." I asked. He let out a small laugh. "No he runs the place. Without him and his earlier generations we would be dead. Well his generation and the Hemingway's but there's none of them left." He told me.

My eyes widened in recognition of the name, of my last name. "What's wrong?" he asked. "Nothing." I said. "So uh what's your name?" I asked trying to change topic. "Kay." Kay said flashed me a cheeky smile. I smiled back. "Anyway, I better leave now." Kay said. "See you around." I waved goodbye and turned back to the door.

"Fine, but she's your responsibility. Now get out." I heard before the door flew open and Hunter stepped out of the door slamming it shut behind him. He looked mad but I smiled at him. "Thank you." I said putting my hand on his arm and letting it slide off quickly after. Hunter smiled at me. I hadn't really noticed before but he had a beautiful smile. His teeth perfectly aligned. I also hadn't noticed his high cheek bones which made the smile all more perfect. I wanted to tell him to stop smiling because his smile was so amazing it made jealous and made him look extremely... Attractive.

"Quit smiling at me." I said eventually. That caused him to smile even more. "Why?" He asked looking into my eyes. "Because you look so damn good when you smile that I can't help but stare." I said annoyed and then blushed from embarrassment. He laughed at me and looked at me pleased. "So you think I'm attractive." Hunter teased. I glared at him. I was going to say no because I didn't see the point in telling the truth but also I didn't want to say no for a strange reason. "Shut up." I said instead as we started walking back to the stair case. He laughed at me and I just hit him in the arm.



© 2014 Marina Kayne


Author's Note

Marina Kayne
Please tell me what you think, open to suggestions

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on July 19, 2014
Last Updated on July 19, 2014
Tags: mark, telekinesis, ability


Author

Marina Kayne
Marina Kayne

About
Hey people, I don't really know what to write but I have like writing since I was small. You are welcome to read and review. I am open to suggestions of improvements and all that. Thanks Marina more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Marina Kayne


Monster Monster

A Book by Marina Kayne


Shield Shield

A Poem by Marina Kayne