Kingdom Hearts, Three Keys ch1

Kingdom Hearts, Three Keys ch1

A Chapter by Markmage99
"

ch1

"

            A boy emerged in the grey mist. Nothing stirred, nothing else was living. He opened his eyes and found he was on the shores of some forlorn beach. Taking his first steps in this new world brought on the first headache. He brushed a hand through his long spiked hair, trying to ignore them. Soon he was on his knees from the pain. Staring at his reflection in the still waters calmed the aches a little. He saw himself for the first time; spiked black hair, bright blue eyes, and he wasn’t very tall. For the first time, he realized he didn’t know who he was or why he was here. He remembered a few things about the world, but names, places, events… they all evaded his grasp like oil and water. The memories were there, he could feel them, but somehow they were being blocked. Nothing was making sense.

            The headaches subsided. He stood, hearing a sound like footsteps. There was a man cloaked in black, an Organization XIII member! Wait, how did he know what that man was? Why did he feel like he should run?

            Black moving patches on the floor quickly surrounded the boy from behind. He realized too late; a black clawed hand lunged, desperately seeking the boy’s heart. A flash of light in the boy’s right hand surprised the shadow. The hesitation was all he needed. The boy plunged his Kingdom Key deep into the body of the heartless. He looked at the blade in confusion, not knowing how it got there or how in the world such a blunt weapon could cut a shadow.

            No time to think, three more were already advancing. He killed them all. The feeling in his chest was recognizable now. Pride. He was proud, that much the boy now knew. After every one of the heartless had perished in black smoke, the boy turned to face the Organization member. He no longer felt any fear looking at the man. A flash of light and the Keyblade transformed into a lighter one that resembled a sword. Lionheart; that was its name… how?

            The Organization Member bowed his head and held out his hands to one side. Red and orange flames spun and danced at his fingertips. Two strange metal objects appeared within the two circles of fire. Both slightly resembled ninja stars, but the boy knew that couldn’t be right.

            “So, you’re the last of Vexin’s clones; the famous golden child.” The Organization Member said smugly. Something about that man’s voice infuriated the boy. At the same time he felt something deeper. Tossing his conflicting emotions aside, the boy fell into a familiar fighting stance. “Tell ya what, let’s make this short and sweet,” the man paused to let his words sink in, “before more heartless show up.”

            The Organization Member twirled the strange weapons, and somehow a ball of fire shot out of one. The boy reacted instinctively. He ran towards the ball of flame, not knowing why, slashing at it wildly. The flames, to the boy’s surprise, dispersed harmlessly when they collided with the Keyblade. The member was surprised; not only was the clone able to block the fira, but his style was exactly like Roxas. Thinking about it, he’d never seen a clone summon anything more than a fake key, and those where pitiful at best. His mission was to destroy all evidence of Vexin’s old projects, including the faulty puppets. Three Keyblade wielders… it couldn’t just be coincidence. The objective needed to change; He’d deal with Saix latter.

            The boy looked on in confusion. After shooting the ball of fire, the man had just stood there. Now he chuckled to himself like he’d heard a good joke. The man threw one of the metal stars. The thing became wreathed in fire mid-flight. The boy braced himself for the impact.



© 2011 Markmage99


Author's Note

Markmage99
I'm not finished yet, but if you note me then I'll let you know when I'm done with this chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on November 17, 2011
Last Updated on November 17, 2011


Author

Markmage99
Markmage99

middle of nowhere, CA



About
I'm also on Deviant Art, but not all my work there is what I'd like to share with others. I'm using this site as a way to get some feedback. more..

Writing