The Hand That Always Held Mine

The Hand That Always Held Mine

A Poem by Carla
"

A poem about my grandma. I miss her so much.

"
The hand that always held mine, protected me from the sight that no child shall see, helped me shelter hope amd replace my fears with faith.
The hand that always held mine, was my strength and showed me the way to care and the way to love.
The hand that always held mine, is now one of God's Angels above.
And I didnt want to allow myself to accept or understand in the beginning.
I more so wanted that beginning to rush my ending because in my mind that beginning created a weakness.
The hand that always held mine, was no longer here to hold my hand anymore.
The wrongs I was once blinded to, was now clear as day.
The faith I was taught to have, was now replaced with fear.
It was so hard for me to accept that my strength was now no longer here.
And I was honestly so angry that I refused to show love or a care.
But surprisingly I held on to the hope that I sheltered and I soon realized that I was angry at myself and my heart wanted to place that guilt on something or someone else.
Because I already had let the hand that always held mine go.
I used fear as an excuse when I couldn't hold on.
Oh how I cried.......
But one day when I became tired of my mistakes, that hope I sheltered soon became faith.
The strength that I thought was forever gone, held on.
Being abled to see right and wrong becamed easy to tell them apart.
God has shown me that the hand that always held mine, is forever in my heart...........

I Love You Lo

© 2017 Carla


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

what a precious tribute to your G- Ma ...and hard won wisdom as the outcome ..reminds me of the Bible stating:
"Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6
I can't tell you how many times i clung to that verse when raising my own children ;) sure enjoyed your prose story ..very personal and up front
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2017
Last Updated on November 5, 2017

Author

Carla
Carla

Cleveland, OH



About
Im out-going with a confident and very funny loving personality. I enjoy expressing myself through my poetry, it helps me smile when I feel as though there is no light. I am optimistic and can be desc.. more..

Writing
Judgment Day Judgment Day

A Poem by Carla


Finally Finally

A Poem by Carla