The Fifteen Gates - Prey

The Fifteen Gates - Prey

A Chapter by NerKvaDova
"

Location : Castle Frelia , Delita Prefecture Date : 18th Sun's Peak , 354 - 3rd Era

"
In the stone castle of Frelia sat a young princess surrounded by comfort most people in the prefecture would kill for , her brown skin practically glistening under the heat of the Frelian summer , placing her fingers around the glass of cold water felt like a chore at this point due to the amount of times she had to hydrate , just to keep the damned heat at bay . 
" Soren.... come here " she ordered , a man dressed in black robes limped over , his entire body covered by tattoos of various runes , a walking barrier they called him .
" Something wrong mistress ? " 
" Look out there by the Assari , what do you see ? " 
" Fishermen , and a couple of guards "
" All that magic implanted into you yet not a single one lets you see clearly "
" Apologies my lady I don't understand "
She then stood up looking at him from head to toe , a disappointed look plastered on her face , placing her hands on her hip she began to pace back and forth around the balcony.
" Do you know why Mages are held at a higher regard than those who were not gifted by the living stone ? " she asked whilst holding her cold glass with two hands cooling her palms in the process .
" Because they are closer to the spirit of the Living Crystal , and so they are its chosen people , its chosen protectors , they are as close as the Living Crystal may have to children " 
" You know your scripture well , but the truth is they only held mages to this pedestal when the empire fell , mainly because it was a guild of mages that did it , Mother used to speak about it , about how being a Mage was only listed as a skill if you wanted to apply for work , or just a miscellaneous trait you have , often soldiers use spells to disorient enemies on the front line , the ones who are well taken care of a Healers , for obvious reasons " 
" I don't seem to follow my " he asked a bit confused at his mistress' story 
" I'm trying to tell you that Mages are no different than the guardsmen you see , though Mages get paid better and have lofty titles like Silencer , Arcanum , or Celestre , in the end they're still idiots clinging onto their weapons and trying to be the first to land a blow " 
" Is this supposed to be a lesson my lady ? " 
" Yes , a lesson , for you to go to the nearest healer and get yourself some spectacles for your bad eyesight , my brother has sent a Spirit Walker , which means one of two things , he's dead , or Armads has fallen , either way send an emissary to the Living Tower by Singing Stones , relay the message to my mother , he should be close to the Nomadic caravans " 
" Absolutely my lady " 
He then ran off in a hurry to get the news to the Living Tower , Sayuri stood there watching the horse gallop across the water , it had drawn the attention of the nearby fishermen .
" You rely too much on your magic little brother , you draw too much attention to yourself , hopefully you learned your lesson " 
She sat back down placing the glass of water back on the table , her thoughts lingering on the fate of her brother .


© 2020 NerKvaDova


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on May 28, 2020
Last Updated on May 28, 2020


Author

NerKvaDova
NerKvaDova

Manila, NCR, Philippines



About
I make stories inspired by various role plays me and my girlfriend think up in our free time , ranging from the normal heroic journey to the downright insane wars for a dead prince's tea cup that was .. more..

Writing
Arabesque Arabesque

A Chapter by NerKvaDova