The Crazy Ex-Boyfriend - Chapter One

The Crazy Ex-Boyfriend - Chapter One

A Chapter by MellyBURSTOFbayum
"

Yeahh... Hai.

"

“Merry Christmas!” Richele yelled. “Did you get my gift yet?”
            “I don’t think so… Where did you put it?” I asked
            “Go find it. It’ll be more interesting that way.” Richele yelled out while running away. Sometimes, I find Richele’s enthusiasm a bit too much.
            I turned back to my locker, and opened it. I put my coat and hat away, as I was doing so, I saw a little pink bag, a wrapped rectangular-shaped item, and a little bag with a snowflake on the middle of it.
            “So that’s where she put it…” I murmured to myself. I packed my stuff into my bag, and turned around to find Ryan standing behind me. “Oh. Hey, Ryan. Merry Christmas!”
            “Yeah. Merry Christmas…” his tone fading. His eyes were looking at me, as if looking through me, his lips turned into a frown.
            “What’s wrong?” I asked, worried. He looked at me, and turned away towards his locker.
            That was odd. Usually Ryan would be happy, and enthusiastic that it was Christmas, and would be hyper, and glad to see his friends on the last day. I wondered what was going on, but shoved it to the back of my head, and went to class.

            “You do know I found it, right?” I said to Richele during lunch. She laughed.
            “Of course, you did,” she challenged in a sarcastic remark.
            “Ha ha, very funny,” I said. “Why did you even get me three gifts anyway?”
            “Three?” she asked, confused.
            “Yeah… There were three gifts in my locker,” I said, also confused by her tone.
            “Show them to me,” she said as she took my backpack and started to search through them. “Well, I got you this rectangular thing, and this pink bag, but I don’t know where this one came from,” she pointed at the bag with the snowflake on it.
            “Then who gave it to me? You’re the only person who knows my locker combination the last time I checked…  I think,”
            “Well, I don’t know. I know I didn’t say a word about your combination, and I would never give it out randomly.” She said in a low voice. Usually when she was in a low voice, was either when she was whispering, depressed, or hiding something, and something tells me she was hiding something.
            “I know, I know.” My mind already started to scatter around, looking for answers.
            “Open the pink one,” Richele said after a long silence, her eyes happy again.
            “Oh. Why? I wanted to open them on Christmas so I’d have more of a surprise,” I explained.
            “Well… Open them, trust me, you’ll love it,” she pushed.
            “Fine fine, I’ll open it,” I said as I reached for the pink bag. I reluctantly ripped the tape off, and went through the wrapping paper that had little glitter pieces everywhere. I slowly reached into the bag, and pulled out a bottle of medication. I was puzzled, until I read the label. It read: “PMS pills; Putting up with Men’s S**t” I couldn’t help but laugh. She knew that when it was my time of month, I would be extremely touchy.
            “Read the directions,” she demanded. I turned the bottle, and it read: PMS isn’t caused by hormones, it’s caused by men! If you’re suffering from irrational mood swings, volatile temper, bouts of depression or a complete lack of logic " you’re probably putting up with some man’s s**t! But don’t despair! Help is here with New PMS Pills. Directions: Take 2 PMS Pills once a month and disappear for the weekend with any hunk who thinks you’re dynamite! Caution: Use only as directed. Could lead to addiction.
            At this point, I couldn’t stop laughing. I started to twist and turn, while having cramps in my stomach from laughing so hard.
            “See!” she cried. “I told you, you should of opened it,”
            “I-I-” I couldn’t breathe, and tried to calm myself down. “Of course I should of opened it, thank you,” I said, after I was able to speak.
            “You’re welcome”

           

            “Hey, Trinity,” a voice said when I was at my locker. I turned around and saw Ryan’s gleaming eyes again, filled with happiness once again.
            “Oh, hey, Ryan! What was up with you earlier?” I asked, curious.
            “Nothing, don’t worry about it. You should know I’m cranky in the morning, anyway,” he said. “Hey, when you’re finished, come over to my locker, okay?”
            “Yeah, okay.” I replied as he walked away. I gathered my stuff from my locker that I would need over the break, hoping that my backpack would be able to fit it all, and surprisingly it did. I looked over my locker once more, checking if I left anything, and closed my locker for the last time this year. I walk over to Ryan’s locker, which was at the other side of the school, and looked for him. I saw him sitting down at his locker, listening to music. I walked up to him, and stood there for a good five minutes until I realized his eyes were closed. I nudged him with my foot and his eyes shot open while he sprang up onto his feet which caught him off balanced, so he accidentally fell on me.
            “Aungh,” I groaned. He quickly scrambled off of me, and helped me up.
            “I’m so sorry, just… I’m so jumpy these days, sorry,” he apologized.
            “It’s okay,” I said. “So, I have to go soon, actually, so Happy holidays!” I hugged him, and went off. No way am I talking to him. I developed a crush on him for a while now, so that made things awkward to me.
            “No, wai-” he yelled after me, but I was already out the door.

 

            I stared at the mysterious gift, pondering who would know my combination. Maybe Richele put it in there, because there was no other way that this could happen. But who would give such a gift to me? “Oh well,” I muttered under my breath.

            It was Christmas, and it was time to open presents. Apparently, Richele gave me the latest Hedley CD, Nianna got me a sample perfume bottle, two necklaces, and a hair clip. I slowly opened to gifts one by one, admiring them for a bit, then moving on. I continued to do that until the mysterious bag was the last one. I double checked if it was for me, and it claimed to be mine, so I opened it. It was a beautiful necklace with green and white crystals upon them. I absorbed the beauty of it. I then realized it was too much for me, and I put it back into the box.        

 

            It was the first day back after the holiday, and I was at my locker since eight, blasting my music from my iPod. I tucked my legs in, and I rested my head on my knees, closing my eyes, drifting into the music.
            I suddenly felt someone’s presence there, but I ignored it, assuming I was paranoid. One of my favourite songs were on, and started to pay attention to the lyrics to them. As the song ended, though, I heard someone whisper near my ear, saying “I love you.”



© 2010 MellyBURSTOFbayum


Author's Note

MellyBURSTOFbayum
Ignore grammatical errors or spelling errors. This is just a rough draft put into thought.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on January 28, 2010
Last Updated on February 1, 2010
Tags: Trinity's Story Chapter One Meli


Author

MellyBURSTOFbayum
MellyBURSTOFbayum

Toronto, ON., Shh, it's a secret :), Canada



About
I am Melissa. Yes, I am superior, and I'm lovable >;). I'm kind of disappointed in myself.. Can you believe? Likin someone for five years... and you were only thirteen! It's sort of pathetic of .. more..

Writing