Welcome Back!

Welcome Back!

A Chapter by Mason
"

First Chapter...

"
She slithered and squirmed, separating groups of loquacious spectators as she drew nearer to her goal. She leaped from the curtain of cotton and denim clothing, cackling like a hyena as she tackled her prey. A scream escaped her prey's lips as it was forced to the ground unexpectedly.
"Aha!" the girl proclaimed, "I have you now!"
"Alexa!?" the prey replied, in shock, "Why did you attack me!?"
"I missed you, Karen" she said, now hugging the girl she assaulted. A sad expression filled her face, resembling that of a puppy's.
"That doesn't mean you should tackle me!" Karen responded, now slightly irritated.
"B-But," Alexa stuttered with a quivering lip as her eyes, now filling up with tears, became fixed on Karen's. It was impossible to tell whether or not she was faking it.
"Alright," Karen said comfortingly, hugging Alexa back, "I missed you too." Alexa squealed with joy, hugging tighter.
"What did you do over the summer, Alexa?" Karen wondered aloud as they both pulled themselves to their feet.
"Well," Alexa said, dragging her words before exploding into a frenzy of information, "I had nothing to do the first two weeks of summer, so I decided to finish all my reading then. Then, I went to go visit my aunt, uncle, and cousins in Venice for 2 weeks before returning home. Next, since everyone was getting back from their vacations, I decided to hang out at the beach every other day with various acquaintances, and filled up my time by doing anything able for me here. How was your trip over in Asia?"
"Sounds like you had a fun summer," Karen said, chuckling at how quickly her friend summarized 2 months. "My trip was amazing. I traveled for 6 weeks in India, Indonesia, China, Japan, and so many other beautiful places. It was so much fun. I took tons of photos. I'll have to show them to you sometime."
"Oh! Yeah?" Alexa said, enthusiastically, interrupting Karen for only a moment, "I can't wait to see them!"
"Heheh," Karen chuckled, entertained by her friend, "After I returned, my parents made me take up a job so that I could start to pay off some of the expenses of the trip. When I wasn't working, I had to finish my summer work, so that's why I couldn't see you."
"At least I get to see you now!" exclaimed Alexa, as she wrapped her arms around her friend yet again, rubbing against her in a slightly awkward fashion. Karen began to laugh when, suddenly, a bell was heard ringing.
"I guess we have to get to class now, eh?" Karen said, still laughing a bit.
"Yeah, I guess." Alexa said, seeming a little disheartened.
"Let's hope that we have some classes together again this year, yeah?" Karen said, trying to cheer up her dreary friend with a nudge and a smile.
"Mhm!" Alexa sounded in agreement, now lit up with exuberance.
Alexa assumed the position of a statue, standing perfectly straight as she saluted Karen before returning her hand to her side. Karen laughed a little, readjusting her backpack. Alexa leaned her upper body forward, moving her left hand to her smiling and winking face, with a peace sign, and her right hand to hold onto her thigh, as if she was posing for a picture. Karen continued to laugh, now moving her hand in one motion as she said, "See ya later."  Alexa spun around on her right leg with her arms perpendicular to her body, which was now tilted to balance the weight of her free leg which was stretched out. As she turned to a perfect 180º, she moved her body and leg back into an upright position, but her arms remained stretched to both sides as she pretended to be doing a balancing act on her way to her first period class.


© 2010 Mason


Author's Note

Mason
As you wish...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A bit too short for the first chapter, but it's a great opening nevertheless. off to read the next one. (: anyway, your title captured me, because im also working on this book where one of the main characters' name is Alexa. My Alexa is soooo different from yours so i had fun reading it. keep writing, im rating it high.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Indeed. lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


it is funny how the simplest things can be the funniest

Posted 13 Years Ago


That was my favorite part too lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like alot my fav part is when at the beginning she treats her freind like prey LOL

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2010
Last Updated on December 12, 2010


Author

Mason
Mason

Somewhere in, GA



About
Using this platform unpublished while I work out the whole story. -Mason, February 10, 2016 more..

Writing
Golem Draft Golem Draft

A Story by Mason


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Mason