Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by MassThinker

Unlimited Alteration


Introduction

 

The year is 2192.

 

It’s been eight years since the ending of the Great Wreaver War. After three full-scale conflicts on planet Earth, humankind felt that they had suffered enough by the hands of others more advanced. After the war against The Wreavers in 2178, a group of scientists specialized in genetic engineering gathered and joined each other. They had one goal; they would make an attempt to improve human performance, even though a lot controversy with ethical concerns surrounded the matter. It was made clear that this had to be done in order for our survival as a species.


In 2184 the crew had successfully designed and developed something very unique amongst technologies, compared to our present ones. It quickly became known as EHA also known as enforced humanoid altering. An advanced and refined method consisting of neuro, cyber, gene and nano-technology combined into one. Each and every one of these had earlier been used single-handed but was now combined and extremely more useful.

 

In the early stages of development the altering technology was far from perfect. And many of the test subjects who most of the time all willingly applied because of the money that the corporation offered. All test subjects had to be humans and most of the early subjects had to suffer a great deal. Once the people behind the technology were able to prove its usefulness on humans, researching for perfecting it to its very essence became our highest priority.

 

This ultra-advanced way of human modification and biotechnology played one of the top roles in our technological revolution. The discovery allowed us to enhance our race in a wide variety of ways. On the physical aspects we could now become faster, stronger and more agile and also improve our life expectancy significantly. By seeking individual’s bad genes could be sorted out from cells and their entire organism.

 

This way we were able to cure diseases such as cancer, heart diseases and the list goes on. As we already knew that it’s our genes determine how long a person will live and that we already figured out which the genes were back in 2162. We could easily reprogram these genes and therefor extend our lives and stop aging. 75 percent of all the AH’s living today all have microscopic nano robotics operating within their blood stream, they are constantly seeking to destroy anything that can be a threat to its carrier.

 

This way human kind was able to become an independent and strong force within the galaxy, well-respected and renowned. We had tackled countless assaults by enemies such as Wreavers and Javaz but never did they learn that the stubbornness of man knows no boundaries, and we rose from the ashes after each war. We had to and we did bring humanity to the very apex of evolution for its survival. We now prevail but we’re not seeking destruction, or to create chaos for others, instead we choose to fight for peace and unity within our galaxy.



© 2013 MassThinker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was really good- it must be challenging writing in your second language (writing in your first language can be tough enough!)

I noticed a few errors- in the first chapter where it says "would do an attempt" I think "would make an attempt" sounds better- or you could even delete "do an attempt" all together to make it sound more decisive. In the same sentence, "surrounding" should be "surrounded." In the fourth paragraph, "widely" should be "wide," and "very significantly" could be just "significantly." In the last paragraph, where it says "countless of assaults," delete "of."

I hope that helps and doesn't seem like I'm nit picking! I really like the premise of your story, and hope to read more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


MassThinker

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot Natersby! This is really helpful for me, I'm thankful that you took time to review this.. read more

Great attention to detail in this chapter. You have set up the story well. I will come back to read more. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MassThinker

10 Years Ago

Thanks! I'm still experimenting with this part. =)
A very strong opening chapter. You put a lot of detail into the short chapter. I like the set-up. Giving the story a reason and a purpose. I look forward to reading more. Thank you for sharing the excellent opening chapter.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

MassThinker

10 Years Ago

Thank you.

I began writing on this one yesterday it's sort of an experiment. I apprecia.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 16, 2013
Last Updated on September 18, 2013


Author

MassThinker
MassThinker

N/A, N/A, Sweden



About
21, write, yeah. more..

Writing