The Wicked Sky

The Wicked Sky

A Poem by Matthews Reggie
"

Anyone has their shades of grey... Then why not for sky??

"
  Sky may seduce a million poets
  Not me, not anymore. I saw
  thine wicked smile, grey clouds of mind

  I hate the sky, thee bury heaven
  I hate, thee hide my dead beloved
 when the clouds pass, remember them.

© 2014 Matthews Reggie


Author's Note

Matthews Reggie
For all who lost their beloved....

Edited by Dinesh.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. because when we look up at the sky ... it's always smiling ... and its shades of grey always make it more beautiful ... and the vastness of the sky is always inspiring ... when i look at the sky ... i feel happy ... that all the people i am connected to ... especially poets ... especially in the cafe ... are looking at the same sky ... the sky's the sky ... that's why ... and i did lose a very dear friend ... in a tragic road accident ... but he twinkles in the stars ... and shines in the sun ... :) ...

question the questionable
question the doubt
don't question the question
or it'll be a rout

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yes, I am too stoned to remember the correct grammar to describe the contrasts used, so here is a simplified review: I loved how you used Old English, almost Shakespearean in style, as well as the way you mention how the sky influences so many poets...good, great, terrible, experimental, but they all seem to be about love or how things are going to work out. This piece challenges that cliche to the fullest, and in my opinion is an astounding, short and sweet read that can be published or place in a contest. Well done my friend, keep the flow steady as always.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great write

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice concept, very diffferent from how most poets view it. The sky doesnt alway have to be a source of inspiration, serenity, or joy. It has a gloomy shade to it too. Good write. Thanks for sharing.

-Wella.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. because when we look up at the sky ... it's always smiling ... and its shades of grey always make it more beautiful ... and the vastness of the sky is always inspiring ... when i look at the sky ... i feel happy ... that all the people i am connected to ... especially poets ... especially in the cafe ... are looking at the same sky ... the sky's the sky ... that's why ... and i did lose a very dear friend ... in a tragic road accident ... but he twinkles in the stars ... and shines in the sun ... :) ...

question the questionable
question the doubt
don't question the question
or it'll be a rout

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the concept here. Powerful piece. Nice work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


its sad......but its a cycle you cant stop.

..though Kalidas is going to be very dissapointed. ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


really good job. a new fresh concept. i have always loved the sky but not anymore.

Posted 13 Years Ago


a wow ! The sky ! yeah that perfect beauty can enfold the ache and pain. Sky's wicked. That's so awe-inspiring. for me, this one was of the most heartfelt poems That i have read. Really powerful words, the hatred vocabulary, it was perfect :) i like it

Posted 13 Years Ago


Short but sharp! It conveys a pain that stirs up your stomach for a min. Very deep.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hello Matthews,

A short poem full of strong emotion. The picture adds very well to the poem itself, excellent choice. I do have my shades of Grey, I do wish I could turn them to a pure white, but it would seem I am well past that.

Regards,

Matthew without the S

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1751 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 17, 2010
Last Updated on March 27, 2014
Tags: Short Poem

Author

Matthews Reggie
Matthews Reggie

Ernakulam, Kerala, India



About
Hmm....... more..

Writing