Part One: No Problem

Part One: No Problem

A Chapter by Matryoshkan
"

Part One

"
"Stop! Be quiet! I dont want to listen to you anymore!"
I turned around to look at him but he was gone. The house was quiet. A sudden wave of dizziness came over me and I collapsed.
I woke up light headed with a bandage wrapped around my head. The carpet was stained red. He was here and I had to get out.
I ran out of my house and then... BANG! I had ran right into someones stomach.
"Oh my god. Are you okay?"
I looked up. It was Lucas. I couldn't tell if he recognized me or not but when I was about to open my mouth, he shushed me. He suddenly grabbed my hand and started running.

"Where are we going?" I asked
He stared at me for a moment and then said, "What are you doing? Are you crazy? Well I guess you haven't heard.. Hurry up and i'll show you."
I was so confused. We were running down streets I had never heard of. When he finally stopped, we were in front of an old pharmacy. All the windows were boarded up. It looked like it hadn't been open for ages. I walked up to the double doors and tried pushing them. It was locked.

He walked over laughing.
"what is it?" I snapped
"It's not exactly locked if that's what you were thinking." he said

He went to the second window on the right and then called me over. He pulled back half of the board and told me to go in. Inside, all the shelves were pushed to the side and there were random stacks of boxes all over the place. It looked almost as if it was on purpose.

We walked to the back of the pharmacy. There was an old t.v. and xbox in the corner. Does he live here...? He turned the t.v. on and sat me down. It was the news. In bold letters read the word "Pandemic". 

A pandemic... This is interesting. I wonder if this is like swine flu or something like yellow fever.. Swine flu was like nothing. It just sent everyone to the hospital.

Lucas suddenly grabbed my face and looked me in the eye.
"This is serious. I know you think this is nothing but no joking around anymore."
His words were like ice.
"You have to stay inside here until your head stops bleeding. You don't want to get infected."

I started shaking. This had to be a joke. It can't be this serious. This is 2012. There has to be a cure. I turned back to the t.v.

The lady said, "So far, there isn't a know cure."
Well that just shot me.
She continued, "Everyone must stay inside. Everyone is responding differently so we aren't sure exactly what's up. One thing we did notice was that on the third day of having it, your eyes go blood shot. If anything..." 

I stood up.
"That's it!", I yelled.
I slapped Lucas across his face. Then jabbed my finger between his eyes.
"I want you to stop acting so serious! It's not you!"
He tried to get up but I pushed him back down.
"This WILL be fun if you like it or not. All we have to do is stay inside until things become more clear."
I started laughing.
"I'm sorry." he choked out.
I didn't want to look at him anymore.
"No... I'm sorry.. but i'm serious that this will be fun, okay?
I said this while walking to the other side of the room. I needed air.


© 2012 Matryoshkan


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on November 3, 2012
Last Updated on November 5, 2012
Tags: Bones, of, an, elephant, man, short stories, part one