Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter One: Dying Is Your Latest Fashion

Chapter One: Dying Is Your Latest Fashion

A Chapter by Mattie
"

“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will only fuel my lungs”

"
"You ask me why I haven't talked to you; Well maybe it's because you slowly pushed me out of your life. I'm glad you're finally noticing."
________________________________________________________________________

It's not getting any easier. Some days it feels like I'm disappearing, you know? Kind of like how you forgot about me... now it feels like everyone else is too. And I'm just here...
...constantly fading in and out of peoples' lives.


Her name didn't matter because no one remembered it anyways. Her face was a plain one, one that didn't matter to anyone, one that was easily forgotten, one that was simply standing in the background watching but not interacting.
"His name is Asher he's so cute!" She sat in the back of the room, listening but not speaking.
"I know! I hope he sits near us!" She didn't look up, didn't look at others, in fact all she did was scribble little notes in her little black book. No one knew what she wrote down in her little black book, no one actually really cared. She was simply the girl who sat in the back of the classroom.
No one is afraid of heights, they are afraid of falling.
No one is afraid to play, they are afraid to lose.
No one is afraid of the dark, they are afraid of what's in it.
No one is afraid of "I love you", they are afraid of the response.
No one talked to the silent girl because that's just how things were. No one sat near the silent girl because no one wanted to know her. No one ever talked to her because she couldn't talk, or maybe she could but she never did it much and no one cared to find out if she did. But then he came, he sat down next to her and said
"Hey," The silent girl didn't move, she tensed her shoulders and looked down at her feet. She wasn't use to talking to people, she wasn't use to people trying to talk to her. She didn't look up, but she could still feel the eyes watching her silent form. Judging her. Waiting for her to mess up, so that they could laugh and poke fun at her. But the boy didn't judge her, the boy didn't move away he sat there silently not minding that she didn't respond.
Day 142
April 20, 2014
We've become so accustomed to everything in our lives. So numb to the idea of change. So delusional to grasp and accept the growth and beauty of the simple things that surround us.
"Why is Asher sitting next to... that?" She could hear the disgust in the girl's voice, but she didn't comment, didn't bother standing up for herself for it wouldn't do any good anyways. Asher eyebrow rose just slightly, he glanced at the silent girl, but she still hadn't moved. Only scribbled little notes in a small black book.
"It doesn't even speak." One bullet.
"Why would anyone want to sit next to such a... thing like that," Two bullets.
A slight giggle, and a third comment,
"Freak" and finally she dropped dead.
"Just shut up! Leave me alone! What did I ever do to you!" The silent girl screamed and shouted, but that wasn't right because she was the silent girl... she wasn't allowed to speak.
"You're a little tragedy aren't you?"
Laughter.
'You're not the devil, but I really think I hate you' she would have said it aloud but she was the silent girl and the silent girl wasn't allowed to speak.



© 2014 Mattie


Author's Note

Mattie
Sorry for the short chapter and any grammar mistakes. Review! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on May 13, 2014
Last Updated on May 13, 2014
Tags: mute, angst, bullying, friendship, hurt & comfort


Author

Mattie
Mattie

United Kingdom



About
Mattie | 16 | Female | "It's true I get depressed in fancy hotel rooms, undressed with nothing to flaunt but my loneliness." more..

Writing