Chapter Two: Let the Monsters See You Smile

Chapter Two: Let the Monsters See You Smile

A Chapter by Mattie
"

“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will only fuel my lungs”

"
"Intoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness."
_________________________________________________________________________
I have so many thoughts inside me that I want to say, but I'm not sure how to say them. So I just keep them bottled inside, but one day they're all going to spill out. And I'm scared of how that's going to turn out...

The silent girl was moving today, she opened the car door and slid into the leather seats. She didn't say anything, just ran her hand along the cool material.
"Hail. How are you doing?" So that was her name... Hail. She didn't say anything just glanced up at her mother with those lifeless green eyes. Her mother sighed, she knew there was no chance for her daughter. She was already lost, somewhere in that confusing mind that no one understood. Yet, here she was still talking to that puppet of a child because deep down mother still hoped that her child was not really fully lost.
"Well maybe you'll make some friends hm," Mother smiled hopefully. Hail blinked and glanced at her mother with a look that easily read: you're-kidding-right. Mother sighed and started up the car, she gave up once again but somewhere deep down she knew for a fact that she was still desperately clutching onto the small little piece of hope she had left.

The drive was a silent one. Mother repeatedly glanced at her daughter hoping she would finally speak while Hail simple sat there staring at her feet.
"We're here," Mother smiled letting out a breath she hadn't known she was holding. Hail's head shot up, her long tangled hair hanging in her face like a curtain hiding an unwanted beast. Hail nodded and opened the door pulling out her small brown bag, which held all of her belongings. She closed her eyes and pictured that she was entering a castle, with large walls and billions of people smiling up at her, but her little day dream was cut short when she opened her eyes to the small one story beat up house. She let out a silent breath and opened the door. Ignoring the doors screams, she stepped over the platform and into the dingy room. The living room was dusty and dirty, but small and cozy.
"You like?" Mother asked walking into the house with a handful of boxes. Hail nodded an approval, she didn't mind the house, no it wasn't the best but it was good enough for her.
"Remember you're starting school in three days," Hail sighed and walked to her room wishing her life would come to end before the three days arrived, but alas her wish did not come true.

"Ms. Kerrigan this way please," The lady was a snobbish woman her nose held high, her fingers painted bright red. Hail said nothing only followed the woman her back hunched over her hair hanging over her eyes. The lady scoffed, she didn't know the girl well but it was quite obvious that this girl was one of those 'Gothic' troubled kids like that no good Nix Remington. They entered a small classroom with a much too large amount of students.
"Class this is Ms. Hail Kerrigan, I hope you all make it- her feel most welcomed," The students stared curiously at the small girl with thick tangled black hair. She wore a baggy black tank-top over black skinny jeans. Her skin was a ghostly pale, had she not been introduced they probably would have thought she was a ghost.
"You'll be sitting next to... Nix Remington," The teacher smiled while eying the silent girl's three inch black platform boots. Hail nodded and glanced up at the girl whom was named 'Nix' and walked towards her. She stayed silent, and took her seat, she sat hunched over with her head down. Nix stared at the girl curiously, her big brown eyes eying the girl's outer shell.
"I am Nix," Nix voiced aloud still staring at the girl. Hail lifted her head ever so slightly, had Nix not been watching the silent girl so intensely she would probably  not have noticed.
"Hail." the girl whispered, and had Nix not been listening to closely, she probably would not have heard it.



© 2014 Mattie


Author's Note

Mattie
Reviews please :3 I apologize ahead of time for any grammar mistakes. <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
Added on May 13, 2014
Last Updated on May 13, 2014
Tags: mute, angst, bullying, friendship, hurt & comfort


Author

Mattie
Mattie

United Kingdom



About
Mattie | 16 | Female | "It's true I get depressed in fancy hotel rooms, undressed with nothing to flaunt but my loneliness." more..

Writing