Flip from the mundane

Flip from the mundane

A Chapter by Amaristar Newport

“Babe come on the social worker is going to be here any minute” Dick said as he tenderly shook Bucky, the morning sun shimmering through the window right on the brunettes face.


The raven haired male was knelt beside the bed with his chin resting against the silk sheets on the mattress as he watched his sleeping lover. Ever since they adopted their daughter Vanessa they have been assigned a social worker whom seemed to look for any and every excuse to remove the child from the home, that’s the cost of being in a homosexual relationship in a place like Gotham. It was safe to say that neither of the men liked the social worker very much.

It didn’t help that Dick had a large bruise across his face meaning she’d likely accuse Bucky of hitting him. But what was it really from? The answer is simple of course, a villain smacked Dick with a steel pipe while the hero was trying to keep a group of troublesome teenagers safe. This sort of thing was normal in the life of a vigilante however it didn’t mean they couldn’t try and live somewhat ordinary lives.


“Gmnnn” Bucky groaned as he slowly opened his dark brown eyes, the sun making them appear golden. He found them transfixed into the raven hairs gaze only causing him to smile softly, “I thought she was coming at noon” He said groggily


Dick exhaled lost in his lovers eyes  and sat up slightly, “Vince called… Said he needed you to meet with him and Reese again” He said before looking off. Dick knew what Bucky was doing every time he went off with Victor or Vince as most called him. He was saving lives, which of course Dick had no issue with. What Dick didn’t like was the fact he normally read of casualties related to these cases since Bucky didn’t mind killing. And there was also the fact he didn’t get to know the details of the missions. It reminded him of when he was Robin and Batman kept him shut out most the time only now it was more frustrating because Bucky isn’t his father.


Bucky propped himself up on his elbows and placed a hand on Dicks bruised cheek before gently kissing his lips, “Another booty call?” He asked knowing he’d make Dick laugh. Which he did. “How are you doing babe?” Bucky asked as his eyebrows furrowed slightly showing a more compassionate side that most outside of their relationship didn’t see.


Dick shrugged and stood up soon walking over to the crib. He reached down and softly rubbed his finger against the baby's cheek, “I’m fine… Do we know what we’re going to tell Patricia?”

“We’ll tell her you got mugged… Have your dad back the story” Bucky responded as he stood up and pulled some pants on over his boxers.


The male stood beside Dick and placed his right hand on the crib while his metal hand rested against his lovers hip. The moment was peaceful though short lived as Alfred knocked upon the door, soon opening it.

“Ah good, You’re awake. Miss Melonhart is awaiting in the foyer” The butler said stoically.


Bucky touched the red star on his left arm causing faux flesh to wrap itself around the steel soon disguising the prosthetic, “Thank you Alfie… We’ll be down shortly” The brunette said as he reached down into the crib gently picking up the sleeping child. “Why don’t you go down and say hi while I change Vanessa's diaper?” He asked Dick, who soon nodded.


The raven hair couldn’t help but to peck his lovers lips with an “I love you” to follow before he walked out of the bedroom and began heading downstairs.  


“Mister Grayson” Patricia said as she shook the young fathers hand, “Your cheek” She commented as Dick cleared his throat.


“I got mugged” He said simply as he looked at the woman instantly feeling his contempt towards her, though he did his best not to let it show.


She had a clipboard in her hand, a gray skirt with a red shirt tucked into it. She had a white polka dot jacket covering her arms and red glasses that sat over her hardened green gaze. Her blonde hair was tied in a bun while she had a prude expression on her face. She began taking down notes which Dick didn’t appreciate. Soon Bucky came down the stairs with the baby resting against his shoulder. Vanessa had blue eyes and brown hair and at the moment was enjoying the taste of her hand.


“Good morning Mr. Barnes… How’s Vanessa?” She questioned as Bucky softly bounced the child.


“She’s doing really good..” He said before kissing the child’s head earning a soft coo from the baby.


Patricia wrote more notes, “Hmm well she isn’t at the age to make you want to smack her around yet is she?”


Buckys jaw dropped slightly as he scoffed, “Spanking won’t be a punishment method… We agreed on consequences related to whatever action she takes to earn them”

“So then it’ll be a method if she hits you?”

“.... No….” Bucky responded before looking at Dick soon kissing his cheek tenderly, “I would never hurt my family” he said sternly with a fixed glare.


“Right” The woman said skeptically as she proceeded to write in her notebook before looking at the men, “Why don’t you show me where you have her sleep.”

“How about I go feed my baby while Dick shows you that”

“I’d like to see how you do that too Mr. Barnes” Patricia responded almost in a snarky tone, her red stained lips set in a frown.


Bucky could feel his hot headedness starting to take over as he glared harshly, “Next you’ll ask to watch me wipe her a*s” He snapped as Dick shot him a quick look.


“You’ll have to excuse him it’s been… a rough morning” Dick lied trying to cover his lovers a*s however Bucky had enough of this social worker getting involved in their homelife.


“No… I’m just sick of some homophobic b***h trying to take my child away from me” Bucky snapped as the woman scoffed, “Look Miss Melonhart” He said with a voice heavy with contempt, “Just because I like men doesn’t mean I’m going to be a s****y parent… Yeah we’re going to do things that impact our daughter but so does every other parent, so why don’t you take your clipboard and shove it up your-”

Soon a stern voice interrupted Buckys speech, “James!” The second Bucky heard it he stopped and almost seemed to stand at attention as he turned his attention to Bruce Wayne.


Bruce had finally made it down into the foyer, he didn’t hear the full extent of what happened but he did hear enough, “You’ll have to excuse my kids… Unfortunately they weren’t raised to keep their opinions to themselves” He said before shaking the womans hand. “They can also be quite sensitive”


“Well I hope their mouths are the only things they can’t control” She responded as Bruce gave his charming playboy laugh.

Dick was glad that Bruce was a playboy, “Don’t worry ma’am,” Bruce said, “In all honesty they’re better parents than I am... And I’ve raised three” He smiled making the woman smile in return.


Luckily the day turned around because of Bruce’s intervention. The four soon stepped into the living room where they would be interviewed. Bucky explained the sources of income to her while Bruce vouched for the affection the two demonstrated. By the end of the conversation the woman felt safe enough to leave Vanessa in their care and officially named it the last visit before she left.


Bucky smiled and exhaled before looking at his ‘father-in-law’ “Thank you… You have no idea how much I appreciate it” He said before checking the time. “Oh I’ve gotta go” He said before pecking Dick’s lips and walking out the door.


Dick gave a half smile before it slowly fell into a frown. Bruce’s gaze shifted over to his son as he felt some concern, “What is it?”

“Do you like him?”

“Bucky?” Bruce questioned, “I think he’s decent, yes”

Dick exhaled and sunk down slightly as Bruce watched in curiosity, “I’ve just been thinking…. I don’t look back on the past much... But yesterday I was looking at old photos and I noticed something. All the men I’ve been with ended up being… s****y”

“How so?” Bruce questioned, he had only recently found out that Dick was bi and only knew of two of his male lovers. Adam and Bucky.


“Well… I don’t even have to explain Adam”

“Right… He molested you, had you steal from me and tried to poison the city… twice…”

“Eh… three times… He did it back home in London too” Dick said before looking off almost reminiscing. He would always be hung up on Adam, despite how horrible he was… He treated Dick like a king. Fortunately for Dick and the people’s safety Bruce had Adam deported back to England.


“So then the others?” Bruce questioned as he leaned back.


“Ryan… hot redhead… Jason met him once and hated him... He just didn’t know we were sleeping together... Ryan turned out to be a cheating junkie... Then there’s Dean. He had a temper and well he got mad and hit me so I dumped him...We fought all the time. You wouldn’t have liked him... He was an a*****e” Dick said and sighed, “I worry that… I’m just blind to Bucky you know? Like... I was so convinced Adam was a good guy...”

“I like Bucky… Only thing I don’t like is that he reminds me of Jason in many ways” Bruce said with a heavy sigh.


“I know you’ve been worried about Jason since he’s become the Red Hood but.. He’s doing good, Bruce… So... I’m not delusional about Bucky? I feel like he’s hiding something.”

Bruce exhaled softly, “You’ve been with him three years… In my home… This one checks out Dick, don’t let your self-doubt drown you again.”


Dick nodded before sitting up, he couldn’t put his finger on it but he was indeed certain his lover was hiding something from him. Bucky had been acting more on guard and protective than usual making Dick think he was up to something really dangerous. Or maybe it was just the fact they had a baby now. The raven haired male shrugged off his concerns and lifted his daughter up before kissing her nose soon tossing her into the air softly. Vanessa giggled cutely as she looked at him with her big loving eyes making Dick melt in her gaze before he carried her to her playroom.


Meanwhile Bucky had gone to meet with Vince and Reese. You could say they were private investigators with a twist. They handled their cases personally much like vigilantes only they didn’t patrol the cities. Reese had built a machine many years back, a machine that uses cameras, phone lines, and satellites to look into text messages, emails, phone calls… To listen into conversations. To watch. To learn. The machine was designed to prevent mass catastrophes like 9/11 only it saw so much more than planned terrorist attacks. The machine saw everything. Planned homicides and kidnappings... Only the government didn’t care about these. So Reese separated them from what the government felt was relevant causing them to be erased each night at midnight. He couldn’t take the guilt of knowing that these people were dying and that he didn’t do anything about it. Later in the years he had faked his death, he didn’t want to be part of the corrupted government’s ways. Luckily he built a backdoor into the machine granting him access to the irrelevent list, only he didn’t have access to the whole picture. Just the social security numbers of those involved in crime, whether  victim or perpetrator. He found Vince, an ex CIA member presumed dead. Together they work to stop organized crime, Reese works behind the scene while Vince does the hard work.

Bucky was introduced by them since the machine gave them his social security number. They discovered who he and his lover was and Dick grew fascinated when he learned about the machine, which he learned about due to looking into the man that was so insistent on protecting Bucky. He brought it up to Vince leading Reese to insist on meeting them, especially when they learned that they were involved with Batman. After they met they recruited Bucky, the brunette didn’t allow his lover to join for the fact he wasn’t as strong and he was more vulnerable. He managed to convince Dick to stay out of it by telling him he’d need someone on the outside, someone with limited access. The only thing Bucky didn’t account for was the fact Dick would start to realize he wasn’t needed on these missions.


“I don’t know Reese… I’ve been watching Abbey, she’s secluded” Bucky said as he stared at the social security number.


“The machine doesn’t lie Barnes, you’re simply not seeing the whole picture” Reese responded. He peered at Bucky from behind his round glasses as his hazel eyes studied the man. Reese looked as though he were in his late 40’s though his receding hairline could make one think he was older


Vince cleared his throat before straightening his finely pressed suit, his dark gray hair almost reflecting in the light, “I think this is connected to the Raskonov case”


“Oh?” Reese questioned as his attention turned to Vince, “And what makes you say that Mr. Vincent?” He questioned as he walked around his desk with a limp, an old injury he had gotten from a car accident.


“Stanley Raskonov was after Gina Wight… Looking for a machine that her father had, that’s rumored to have been built by Nikola Tesla. Gina just so happens to have gone to High School with Abbey” Vince responded in his low deep voice, “Every night at midnight Abbey goes to their High School and sits in the slide for 30 minutes… Coincidentally Gina goes into the same slide an hour before, it’s no surprise we got both their numbers.”


“Have you heard anything from the bug in their phones?” Bucky questioned as Vince shook his head.


“She doesn’t take her phone with her” The male responded, he was younger than Reese. He was likely to be in his early 40’s.


“Well we need to make sure the Russians don’t get to her if this is related… You both remember how messy that got. Barnes where’s your progress on finding Tesla’s machine?” Reese questioned as he sat at his computer taking pressure off his back.


“I have a map… It’s encrypted but I think it’ll tell us where the machine is or at the very least where to find it or maybe even what it does” The soldier responded as he handed the billionaire a thumb drive.


Reese began looking through the file letting out a soft exhale, “This’ll take me a few hours to decode… For the meanwhile, Vince keep an eye on Abbey… Barnes, keep in touch, I’ll radio you when I decode this.”


Bucky gave a silent nod before he walked out of the old abandoned library, being keen to the fact that no one saw him leave as he made his way back to the Wayne manor. It was crucial that he wasn’t followed or seen leaving the building due to the fact it’d destroy their operation. Luckily the soldier had a few set routes he’d take to make sure he was never seen.


Once he had made it home he was greeted by his lover. He was quick to welcome him into his arms and embrace him tightly whilst planting soft and delicate kisses along the raven hair’s neck. This always made Dick forget about whatever issues plagued his mind.


“Mmm” Dick purred before nuzzling Bucky’s cheek, “We should go out for lunch.. B said he’d watch Vanessa”


“Oh yeah?” Bucky responded with a smirk. He began kissing Dicks lips speaking between each kiss, “where.. Would.. My love.. Like to.. Go?” He questioned before landing a bite on the male’s neck earning a soft moan.

Dick blushed darkly as he entangled his fingers into Bucky’s soft brown hair, “Mmm Somewhere nice… maybe like a picnic or something, it’s a nice day out today” The young vigilante said with a soft smile spreading along his lips, “We could even get some ice cream.”

“Ice cream?” Bucky questioned almost seductively, “Am I too hot for you to lick me up?”


The raven hairs face darkened intensely as he scoffed and playfully hit his lover, feeling embarrassed by him yet again, “Bucky!” He shouted before taking a step back causing there to be a gap between them, “You’re a bad boy” Dick said with a smile before flicking Bucky’s forehead.


The soldier chuckled knowing he had pushed a few of Dick’s buttons, he couldn’t help it though, he loved how red his lover got. After Dick’s emotions cooled down, the two got ready for a day outside in the park. It was nice and blissful, the warm sun beating down on them, the nice cool summer breeze blowing in the trees. Everything was absolutely perfect, so much so that the Soldier didn’t even think about the case he had been working hard on. The two men laughed, joked and even played throughout the day just enjoying their youth and company. Bucky finally decided to treat Dick to some ice cream and held his hand as they walked to the ice cream truck, naturally they got a couple rude remarks and looks of disgust but by this point Bucky stopped caring. Dick on the other hand felt guilt. He always felt as though he was dragging Bruce’s name down, making his father disappointed and ashamed that his son was known as the disgusting, sodomizing trouble child.


“Don’t listen to them babe” Bucky said softly as he stopped and looked down at Dick. The soldier softly rubbed his lovers bruised cheek before pressing a kiss to his lips.


“Get a room!” One of the bystanders yelled.


Dick scoffed slightly before taking a step back away from Bucky. It was certainly interesting to see how Richard got supressed and ashamed quickly of his sexuality considering the fact he was brought up in a more accepting era. Sure Gotham had it’s issues with homosexuality however marriage and adoption between same sex couples was legalized. This was also a time where the LGBT community had a lot of supporters. Bucky on the other hand grew up in a time where you were considered mentally ill if you liked someone of the same sex, yet he took more of a stand for the fact he liked what he liked.

The brunette male went to say something to Dick to try and make him feel better however before  he could two vans pulled up behind each of them. The side doors of the vans quickly flew open as black cloth bags were forced over their heads. Bucky instantly elbowed his assailant with his disguised metal arm before grabbing the gun from his belt. He soon felt a needle slip into his neck however that didn’t stop him from shooting one of the attackers. Fortunately for him the bag didn’t completely blind him. Bucky was soon dragged into one of the vans, however he didn’t stop fighting. He got in as many kicks and punches as he could before several more needles went into his skin. He fell against the side of the van slowly losing consciousness.

Dick put up the same amount of fight. He kicked at the assailants ankles and listened to their breathing to find one of the men’s throats. Since he didn’t have super soldier serum in his veins all it took was one tranquilizer dart to bring him to his knees. Dick groaned and fought to stay awake however he quickly lost the battle.


Bucky let out a soft groan before feeling the bag get torn from his head, >Wake up< A sharp Russian voice said in its native tongue, another groan left Bucky’s lips as he felt his foot get kicked.


Bucky was tied to a chair, his metal arm having more restraints than the fleshy one. His brown eyes were quick to set on Dick who was hanging by his wrists shirtless. Bucky could see some of the bruises from the night before but aside from that his lover appeared to be okay.


>What do you want?< He asked in Russian as the assailant laughed.


>Don’t play dumb<... “I want the machine Barnes” He said tilting his head to the side. Bucky clenched his jaw and glared coldly before feeling a hard fist slam against his face.


Bucky winced as he heard Dick start to struggle and it wasn’t long until the other Russian in the room hit Dick in the ribs with the butt of his gun. The sight broke Bucky’s heart but his face didn’t show it.


>I don’t know what you’re talking about< He said before his lover was struck again. Buckys jaw clenched as he kept his breathing slow.


The first Russian then walked over to the other two roughly grabbing Dick by the hair where he then held a knife to his throat, “Speak or he dies”

>You’d be doing me a favor!< Bucky yelled harshly. God the words stung more than anything. He was just glad Dick didn’t speak Russian.


The male looked at his partner before releasing Dick’s hair moments before slugging him in the face while the other male began punching the raven hairs abdomen repeatedly. Bucky could hear the ribs cracking as Dick struggled to breath, the Russians even went as far as to grab metal pipes to beat the male with. Dick began coughing up blood which shot a cold chill down Bucky’s spine, he honestly didn’t know if they’d stop. He was left to choose between risking his lover’s life or putting the world in peril. The brunette kept silent and slowly lowered his eyes to the ground as he just listened to the man he loved take a beating. Obviously the Russians thought this was going to make Bucky talk, but even more obviously their tactic wasn’t working.


The second Russian soldier walked up and grabbed Bucky’s hair forcing him to look, “You like that huh? Queer” he said with a chuckle. He then released Bucky before going behind him to grab a bucket of water, these men wanted to know where the machine was and that was beyond clear. The Russian soon returned and pulled Bucky’s head back before forcing a dirty cloth into his mouth. The cloth tasted like dirt and rust making the soldier pull his tongue back in disgust. The Russian then began pouring the water over the soldier’s face as he began waterboarding him. Bucky tried to struggle as he felt the overwhelming feeling of drowning, the flow of water felt endless as the man struggled to breath.

“Bucky!” Dick shouted as he kicked at the guard and struggled harder only to get hit in the face with the steel pipe.


>Where’s the machine!?< He asked the raven haired male who only looked at him in confusion before returning his worried gaze to his drowning lover.


Bucky was soon released as his head went limp. The Russian pulled the cloth from his mouth before electrocuting him in the stomach causing him to throw up moments before coughing violently, but the man didn’t stop here. The man smacked Bucky in the face with a baton causing the bridge of Bucky’s nose to split open, more hits to the face followed this.


“Bucky!” Dick yelled again before he began sobbing, “I don’t know what they want.. P-please just tell them!”


Dicks plea’s only made Bucky feel worse however  he didn’t show it. Hydra taught him not to show his emotions and though he didn’t remember much from his service with them, this was instinct.


>You should listen to your w***e< The Russian male whispered into Bucky’s ear.


Bucky looked at him and spit in his face, >Burn in hell< He growled before a fist crashed into his face followed by another electrical shock.


The Russians exchanged looks with each other before one stepped out of the room, the remaining one proceeded to switch between beating each of the men. Bucky managed to fool him into believing that he didn’t really care for Dick. The Russian began directing his blows to the brunette hitting him hard and forcefully with each punch.


Meanwhile, in America, Vince had been trying to get ahold of the male but to no avail. He grit his teeth and walked into Reese’s office.


“I haven’t heard from Barnes in the last five hours”

“Neither have I… His Gps tracer went dark, the last place it was seen was in the park… I managed to pull surveillance from the cameras. Look” Reese said as he showed the other male the footage of the van pulling up and taking the men.


“This isn’t good Reese… The Russians took them… Anything on Ashton’s phone?”

“No… Not even a call to his father.. These Russians are playing it safe..” Reese responded. Ashton was Stanley Raskonovs son, the man who they suspected wanted the machine, the man they suspected took Dick and Bucky.


“We’re going to need help… Put a call into the Wayne manor and have him meet me in Robinson park, then forward me his cell number” Vince said as he walked out of the library.


“And here I thought you were getting tired of Billionaires” Reese called out before he put the call in to the Wayne manor.


Naturally Alfred was the one whom answered the call with a stoic, “Wayne residence may I ask whom it is that is calling?”

“Hello Mr. Pennyworth, I’m afraid I’m calling over some dire circumstances. I need you to inform Mr. Wayne that his son and his son’s husband have been kidnapped. We need him to go to Robinson park so we can find the whereabouts of Barnes and Grayson” Reese said before ending the call.


Alfred listened to the dial tone before hanging up the phone soon making his way to Bruce’s study, he found the call odd and didn’t like that the caller left no name. On his way to the study he did send the number to the cave for an analysis.

The butler knocked on Bruce’s door before opening it. “Sir, You just received a call requesting a meeting in Robinson park. It would appear Master Dick and Master James have gone missing”


Bruce’s cold hard eyes shifted from the pile of paperwork on his desk and set on his butler, “Missing? Who called?” He asked growing concerned


“The computer is tracing the call as we speak, would you like me to have Young Master Damian prepare to assist you?”


“No, that won’t be necessary… Thank you Alfred.” The male said as he stood.


The billionaire made his way to his room where he would change into one of his fine suits. He adjusted the tie and made his way into the foyer where Alfred was waiting, “It would appear our anonymous friend hacked the cells towers. The computer was unable to trace it” The butler said as he walked with the younger male to the limo. He opened the door for the silent man before getting into the driver’s seat.


Alfred drove to the park soon stepping out to let the male out of the car. Bruce looked around with a suspicious eye, studying each and every person in search for the caller. He moved away from the vehicle before he heard his cell ring. He removed the small device from his pocket and looked over it before hitting the answer button, silently putting the device to his ear.


“Wayne… I can’t explain much right now so you’ll need to do what I tell you to”


Bruce looked around casually, “and why would I do that?”


“I’m a friend of Bucky’s… He and your son are in trouble but if a certain crowd sees us together then our cover will be blown...Batman” Vince said as Bruce’s eyes set in a glare, “Go to the hot dog cart… Don’t look behind you and I’ll give you some files and a good rendezvous point” Vince said shortly before hanging up the phone.


Bruce stood quietly as he considered what the male  said. His gaze shifted to the hot dog cart as he released a sigh and stepped in line. Not long after, he heard the same voice from the phone directly behind him, “The file will catch you up on the situation… I need you to track your son and give us a location” Vince said as he slyly slipped an envelope into the rich mans hand. Just as quickly as he had arrived the mysterious man in the suit had disappeared. Bruce didn’t have to look behind him to know the man was gone though he was determined to find out who he was and where he went.


Bruce was still a moment before stepping out of line heading back to the limousine, Alfred opened the door for the raven haired male. Bruce got into the vehicle along with Alfred whom began driving, by this point the detective had opened the envelope and began reading the contents. He was quickly caught up with the situation with the Russians. They were after a machine said to have been built by Nikola Tesla himself, there was controversy on what this machine could do. Some thought it could teleport you where ever you wanted to go, some said it could clone anything that got put in it, others claimed that it could bring people back from the dead. Theoretically someone must’ve seen Bucky trying to protect the girl who ‘had it’ and figured he knew where it was. This being the case they must’ve decided to tail him meaning...’Oh no’ Bruce thought to himself


“Get to the manor… Now Alfred!” He ordered sternly


In trying to protect Abbey from the Russians Bucky became a direct target… Someone’s been following him meaning they knew where he lived, knew he had a family… This was not good.


Alfred had sped up and made it to the manor quickly, “Wait here” Bruce ordered sternly before going inside.


He left Vanessa with Damian so his first task was to find the two children. He searched the entire manor only to come up empty handed before he began trying to contact Damian only to get no response. Bruce’s next stop would be the cave to see if he could use the tracker embedded in Damians tooth to find them. Bruce’s eyes scanned over the monitor, Damian was far beyond the city making Bruce sigh in frustration. Did he take Vanessa with him?


_______


The Russian had stopped his gruesome beatings as his phone rang, he stepped towards the back of the room as he spoke to the other male before returning with a grin.


Leaning down before Bucky the Russian smiled, >Still not talking… Fine but you might want to reconsider< The man said before he showed Bucky video footage from his phone.


The footage showed Vanessa sitting in the middle of a room sobbing, she was surrounded by men with very large guns.


>......How do I know you won’t kill her anyways?< Bucky asked in a soft spoken voice.


>You don’t< The Russian smirked, >That’s the beauty of it… You have no choice but to trust us<


>Trust has to be earned< Bucky said as he looked past the Russian and over at his beaten lover, >Let him go… It’ll show that you’re willing to let someone live in return for the information<


The Russian was silent and he thought diligently about what the other proposed. Let Dick go to prove that they’re not ruthless killers, only problem was the Russian didn’t know whether or not Bucky would speak with that promise nor did he know if Dick would try anything so the Russian decided to meet in the middle. He stood up and walked to the door giving it a solid knock. Another guard opened the door as the Russian spoke, “Come” He said simply before stepping into the room with the guard. The Russian then grabbed Dick’s wrists while the other guard helped lower the chain. Dick felt a large relief from the pain though his body still ached.


With that the Russian looked at Bucky, >I’ll release him fully when you talk<

>Have your guard lower his gun and unbind Dicks wrists< Bucky growled lowly.


The Russian frowned and forced his gun against Dicks temple, >I don’t take orders from you<


>Ha! Go ahead and shoot him… I told you I don’t value his life… This is only a test of trust.. If you’re unwilling to free someone I don’t give a damn about then how do I know you’ll free my daughter?< Bucky questioned as he looked towards the phone with a frown.


The Russian was silent as he chewed the inside of his cheek, >Okay, okay… You’re right< He said with a slimy smile before freeing Dick’s hands.


Dick and Bucky exchanged a silent and pained look before Dick elbowed the Russian in the stomach, he swiftly grabbed his gun and shot him in the knee before shooting the other guard in the knee. Dick didn’t hold onto the gun, he hated he fact he had to do that so he threw it across the room. They could hear gunshots from the phone before the call was disconnected. Dick winced and quickly freed Bucky. The moment Bucky stood, the guard on the floor shot him however, due to his own injury ,missed Bucky’s head, hitting him in the right shoulder. Bucky yelled out as Dick quickly grabbed him and dragged him out of the room. The young vigilante had to kick down the door to get it opened before they fled out into the streets. He didn’t know where they were and did the only thing he knew to do in that moment, which was to run. Dick ran with Bucky until they found a beat up apartment complex. They quickly ran inside noticing the graffitti on the walls followed by multiple holes. It wasn’t long until they discovered that the apartment was a drug facility filled with users and dealers. Luckily everyone was too high to notice the Americans running through. Dick found an empty apartment room and laid Bucky down before pulling off his shirt, the bullet had gone all the way through Bucky’s shoulder, undoubtedly painful.


By now Dick was in tears, he thought that they surely just lost their daughter. He sobbed hard as he began applying pressure to the wound almost in a state of shock from all the events, “I… I don’t know how to stop it” He spewled out.


Bucky sat up and placed a hand on Dicks cheek before pulling him into his arms softly hushing him as he began comforting his lover, “I know it hurts right now baby but I need you to be strong… If…. If you get some coke you can numb my bullet wound then we can work on finding a working phone line okay baby?” Bucky said as he looked into Dick’s blue teary eyes.


Dick nodded and let out a shaky exhale before wiping the tears off his cheeks, he was going to need more time to calm down.


____Prior to the escape____


Vince was walking down the sidewalk, it hadn’t been that long since he met with Bruce Wayne. He knew it’d only be a matter of time before the bats keen detective skills would lead them to Dick and Bucky. The sound of Vince’s phone ringing soon filled the air, he looked down at it seeing that Ashton was making a call to his father thanks to the wire tap. Vince held the phone up to watch the video feed and instantly felt his heart sink when Vanessa was shown with guns to her head. He thought that it was just sick.


Vince quickly put a call out to his partner, “Reese, we have a problem… The Raskonovs have Vanessa, I need you to trace the call and send me the coordinates now!”


Vince didn’t wait for the other to respond before he began swiftly walking in pursuit for a vehicle, luckily it didn’t take Reese long to trace the call. Vince hopped into the nearest vehicle after breaking the window. It didn’t take him long to hotwire it and to be on his way speeding down the street when he had the coordinates. The moment Vince arrived he quietly crept inside, not wanting to alert the guards. He could hear a gunshot though it sounded as though it was from a video. Nonetheless Reese didn’t waste a single second. He walked into the room raising his pistol, shooting the armed men in the knees which only made the little girl scream. One of the men ran at Vince and tried to punch him however Vince quickly caught the fist and pistol whipped the man causing him to fall back onto the streaming phone, breaking it.

Two more men attempted to take down the Ex-CIA member only to find themselves quickly outmatched. Granted they got a couple good swings in but Vince did grow fed up with them and eventually found himself shooting out their knees.


Vince slowly looked to the girl when the men were apprehended and knelt down, “Sweetie… I’m a friend of your dads.. You need to come with me.”


© 2017 Amaristar Newport


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on November 28, 2017
Last Updated on November 28, 2017