Search for the machine

Search for the machine

A Chapter by Amaristar Newport

Blood stained Dick’s hands and clothes. He managed to steal a small bag of cocaine to numb Bucky’s shoulder though that didn’t stop him from losing excessive amounts of blood. Bucky was barely able to keep conscious though he didn’t seem to be willing to fall asleep. The male slowly sat up with a pained groan as Dick quickly shot up.


“Babe no you need rest” He said as his brows furrowed showing his concern.

“We need to contact Vince and your father” Bucky responded as he struggled to get out of bed.


Bucky didn’t get to move very far for Dick was right there to keep him from rising. The lovers exchanged a silent look as Dick sighed and got up.

“What did you have in mind for contacting them?” Dick questioned as he watched his lover slowly lie back down.


“If you can find an old telephone jack then we can use it to make a call.”


Dick exhaled and began breaking holes in the already damaged walls, in search for a telephone jack or anything he could use to improvise. A small smile crept across his lips as he finally got ahold of a wire and he pulled it out, quick to plug it into one of the landlines.

The raven haired male quickly punched in his father figures number and paced around the room as he awaited an answer.


“Come on, come on” He muttered to himself before hearing the ringing stop, figures Bruce wouldn’t say ‘hello’ or anything, “Bats… Vanessa is she..” He trailed off unable to even form the words.


“She’s fine. Vince brought her in… Where are you?”

“Some…. Hotel room… Bruce, Bucky’s losing a lot of blood, is there anyway you can trace this phone and find us?” Dick asked


“We’re working on it now” Bruce said stoically, despite the worry he felt.


By now Bucky had stood up, Dick almost glared at his lover however before he could the brunette took the phone from Dick and spoke in a deep low voice, “Put Vince on the phone” He said.


Batman was quite as he listened to Bucky’s request, shortly after hearing it he handed the phone over to Vince.


“Barnes, just couldn’t keep yourself out of trouble?”

“You know me Victor…. Look the Russians are getting pretty hot for this damn machine and I think I know where we can find it, if you can meet us in Russia then I’ll take you to the coordinates I found”

“When the hell did you get coordinates?” Vince questioned as Bucky released a soft sigh


“I’ve had them for a while I just didn’t realize it… They’re Abbey’s facebook password.. “

“Clever girl” Vince said before sighing, “Alright Reese got your coordinates, don’t move we’ll be there soon” Vince said moments before ending the call.


He turned to look at Reese and Batman before Bruce gave a slight nod and began walking away with Vince close to follow, luckily Batman had his own private jet.


Dick had released a sigh before running his hands through his damp hair, “Babe… “ He said softly. He felt stuck, he wanted to call this off for the safety of their daughter but he knew he couldn’t.


“Dick.. You know we have to do this…”

“I know I just…. You better not leave me okay? I don’t know what I’d do if I lost you” Dick said as he looked down.


________________________________


After hours had passed by Batman and Vince finally made it to the old beat up apartment complex the ‘kids’ were staying in. Luckily Batman had a first aid kit with him so upon arriving he was able to properly patch Bucky up.


Bucky surprisingly sat still long enough from Bruce to patch the wound before he spoke, “There’s an old service elevator we can take to get to the basement… From there we can access the sewers” The brunette said.


Vince glanced around as he spoke in his low voice, “Alright but we better move fast.”

Bucky had taken the lead as he made his way down the hall with haste. Luckily there were no complications as they made it to the elevator, everyone moved in unison watching each others backs keeping their eyes opened for unwanted company.

Once the elevator doors opened the four men moved in and waited to be taken to the lower level. Once the doors opened it was evident that this was where all the drug operations were held. The group would have to be wary down here.

Bucky stepped out of the elevator first and began making his way down the filthy hall. Dick was following his lover closely while Vince and Batman were walking behind them. Bucky paused in front of one of the other rooms peeking in to see a man hanging from a noose. It didn't bother him much so he kept moving.

Dick frowned upon the sight and followed after Bucky closely before they finally reached a door.

The brunette looked back at Vince who stepped forward and stood beside Bucky who quickly kicked down the door letting Vince take aim.

After confirming the coast was clear the men stepped into the sewers

Bucky was silent as he walked keeping his guard up, Dick slowly reached out and took the man’s hand before giving it a soft squeeze,


“You keep this up and you could be the next Batman” The raven haired male teased as Vince laughed.

“If he’s going to pass as Batman he needs to lose the sense of humor” Vince teased which made Bucky smile.


Batman let out a soft grunt finding the teasing to be tedious more than anything else.

“We’re almost there” Bucky said as he walked.


The sewers seemed to extend forever endlessly. A winding, miserable hell hole with a foul malodorous smell. Luckily, it wasn’t too long until the men made it to the exact location they needed to be. Bucky looked up at the ladder that lead outside and began climbing it with the other three close to follow. Once he surfaced, he looked around before his brown eyes set on a High School.


Vince looked at the school before looking at Bucky, “Kids just get into more and more trouble”

“This can’t be right… A machine like Tesla’s shouldn’t be at a High School”

“Maybe not but it’s worth a look” Vince said as he began walking to the front door.


Dick sighed and crossed his arms, “You know… This will actually be my first time in a High School”

“You were homeschooled? No wonder  you’re so stupid” Bucky teased causing Dick to scoff and hit him.


“Oh pardon me Mister didn’t know what gay meant”

“Hey! I’m from the ‘20’s, It meant something different then” Bucky said defensively


Bruce groaned almost as though listening to the two was painful. He decided to walk after Vince in attempts to save his sanity. He entered the empty school and looked around as the other two finally stopped their marital bicker and joined them.


“Think the machine is in the janitor closet?” Dick asked before smoke bombs were thrown at their feet and they heard a woman’s voice.

“Come now Grayson, I’d think you’d be smarter than that”

“Called dumb twice on the same night… Guess it’s not my day” He responded as he took on a fighting stance, squinting to try and see through the smoke.

“Talia” Batman said with a frown crossing his lips.

“Smart as ever Beloved… Surely you must understand why we need the machine… And thanks to your friend we finally found it”


Batman growled and took on a fighting stance, “You won’t get away with this Talia” He said with a scowl

Talia aimed her gun at Bruce with a smile, “It’s a shame I have to kill you” She said before lowering her gun soon turning to walk away as a bunch of smoke bombs were thrown at their feet.


Bruce put on his gas mask and ran after Talia determined to stop her from escaping. It wasn’t long until he got shot in the chest causing him to drop to his knee. He groaned before being kicked in the skull knocking him unconscious.
Hours later the four men woke up tied to chairs in the schools basement. Vince groaned as he was the first to wake up soon glancing around, “mm You have quite the ex”

“She won’t get away with this” Bruce growled as he looked around and began working on an escape

Vince squirmed slightly as he worked on trying to get loose, “Barnes, can you put that arm of your to good use?”

“I’m trying” Bucky responded as he pushed against the rope with his metal arm trying to loosen it up.

“Barnes” Bruce soon spoke, “What is your arm made of?”

“Vibranium mostly… I don’t f*****g know I didn’t make it… Why?”

“You see that small amount of sunlight coming through? If you can get over there then you can use your arm to reflect the sun and burn the rope”

“Okay… and how am I supposed to get over there?”

“OO OO move your hips… Like A little hip bump you know?” Dick asked as he looked at his lover.

Vince shook his head, “You can just pretend that the chair is Richard, I’m sure you’ll do just fine”


Bucky groaned and shook his head as he began slowly but surely scooting his chair over to the small beam of sunlight. It felt like it took forever but once he finally made it he scoot into the light causing the sun to hit Vince in the eyes. Vince groaned softly and looked away while Bucky readjusted until the beam finally landed on the ropes coiled around Bruce. It took a while but eventually they were able to see smoke as a small flame caught onto the rope. Batman was able to flex his muscles and break the rope before standing up and untying everyone else. The moment Vince was untied he stood up and tapped his ear to turn on his communicator.

“Reese I know who’s behind the operation… They have the machine….Reese?” He questioned noticing the other wasn’t responding. “S**t…. They have Reese”


Submarine in the Atlantic


The loud clicking of heels against the cold steel floors echoed throughout the small, closed in area, coming to a halt as Talia’s voice spoke from the other side of the door, demanding for it to be opened. Reese lifted his head ever so slightly with the little strength left in him. He had gotten quite the beating when being brought in, bruised and tied up tightly, his glasses had been broken causing him to have to squint in order to see.

“Look up!” Talia spat harshly, a painful sting left on Reese’s cheek as she slapped him.

Reese jolted and hissed in pain before turning his upper body to look at her, due to an old injury in his back he couldn’t move his neck, “I told you miss Al Ghul I don’t know how the machine works”

“I don’t want to hear that coming from the man who built a secret machine that spies on the whole world… A machine that learns and constantly adapts to read people and spot threats to society…. You may not know how to use Telslas machine but you damn well better figure it out” She said coldly before patting Reese’s head as though he were some dog

Reese frowned and looked towards the ground and nodded, “Okay… Okay I’ll do it. Where is the machine?” Reese asked as Talia smirked.


“You will see soon enough” she said in a wicked tone.


Hours later their submarine arrived in some kind of underwater city. As the submarine rose up to release the passengers they could see the guards that surrounded the entrance. There was no way in hell anyone would be infiltrating this place. Talia grabbed Reese and began walking through the hall, her steps echoing out as Reese could feel his heart pounding more intensely.

“Oh my god” He muttered as they entered a room with a large machine.


The machine had a phone booth shape however it was much much larger leading Reese to wonder how Talia even moved it. In the center of its ceiling there was a gun like object aiming down. On the outside was a computer system though it was heavily encrypted making it obvious that Talia was unable to get into the database to actually control the machine.

Reese was lead in front of the computer system where Talia forced him to sit down, a smirk spreading across her lips.

“If you try anything stupid I will kill you” She said harshly before pulling a chair up beside the male. She wasn’t going to let him out of her sight.


Reese began typing and working on the computer working to get inside the database. As he dug around he learned just how powerful this machine was…. It could clone anything that went inside, it could bend the fabric of time, it could even teleport people.

“Miss Al Ghul.. I hope you intend on using this machine wisely, it’s very dangerous”

“Trust me… I know” She said with a mischievous grin, “I’m going to use it to accomplish what my father couldn’t accomplish.. I’m going to take over the world”

“Those are some big promises” Reese said as he typed


A voice soon interrupted the clicking of his fingers, “It’s a shame you’re going to break it” The voice said before a gun was fired at her.

Talia quickly dodged the blow and grabbed Reese holding a gun to his head, “Vince… Nice of you to join us…. And you brought friends” She said with a smile

Bruce glared as he held a batarang, “Put him down Talia” He said harshly, “you’re not going to get away with this”

Talia laughed almost madly, “That’s where you’re wrong...I’ve spent months trying to figure out how this machine worked…. Test after test after test and it never cloned me….That’s right I’ve had it all along… Your trip to Russia was to get you away from Reese, I knew he’d crack it.” She said with a grin.

It was obvious that using the machine on herself worn down her sanity. This made Bruce’s heart jolt ever so slightly. She was dangerous on her own but now that her mind was teetering on the edge of sanity?

“Put the gun down” Bruce said softly

Talia laughed insanely before she slowly let go of Reese. In one swift motion she aimed her gun at the machine pulling the trigger causing a bright and electrifying white light shoot out encasing the room and even the world. Everyone could feel an intense burning sensation throughout their body as their world slowly blackened.


A white light slowly filled the room as the male began opening his eyes, releasing a soft tired groan, “Babe come on the social worker is going to be here any minute” Dick said as he tenderly shook Bucky, the morning sun shimmering through the window right on the brunettes face.


The raven haired male was knelt beside the bed with his chin resting against the silk sheets on the mattress as he watched his sleeping lover. Ever since they adopted their daughter Vanessa they have been assigned a social worker whom seemed to look for any and every excuse to remove the child from the home, that’s the cost of being in a homosexual relationship in a place like Gotham.



© 2017 Amaristar Newport


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on November 28, 2017
Last Updated on November 28, 2017