Narcissa Stories Chapter 1: Narcissa and The Burning Animal

Narcissa Stories Chapter 1: Narcissa and The Burning Animal

A Chapter by C.J. Ravenheart

Fire. It is both destructive and creative. Cars. Giant mechanical death traps, that looks like animals that are unnatural in nature. Eaten alive. Bumper stickers that are being eaten alive by the hungry flames. While walking around the ruins of a desolate city, I saw a beaten up car. It’s bruised like the remains of a fistfight. The make and model, unrecognizable and foreign to myself. While pontificating over the burning animal, I subconsciously started to move closer, and closer to the mechanical creature. I see stickers slowly being eaten away, decaying rapidly like manmade elements on the Periodic Table.  There is only one of these stickers that is even legible, and untouched. A virgin, before the fires and burning metal take it away forever.  Its white background, filled with letters saying “Take back the country from the heathen Liberals.”

 

            The air, smelling of burning ash and sulfur dioxide, or rotting eggs and burning flesh, begins to asphyxiate and burn my lungs. I grab the gas mask. The mask that every citizen must wear nowadays because of all the pollution and chemicals released into the air; Policies put out by the same power hungry people, who wanted those so-called “democrat w****s” out of Congress. They destroyed this country, and torturously slow demise of the planet Earth. There’s nothing left of the world I once knew.

 

            While looking at the car through the mask on my face, I notice three shapes within the flames. Burning flesh, fabric and papers and toys strewn about within the carcass. A family I thought at one point. Trying to escape, but put down by some unknown force.

 

            I stand there, watching the animal’s carcass being eaten alive. By the time I check my watch, I realize that I had been there for quite some time. I turn to leave, but before I do just that, I look out of the corner of my eye, and notice the animal is gone, gone for good. I take my leave from that awful place, leaving everything I ever held dear to perish within that living flame. My past, my desires, regrets, everything about myself is gone. And I don’t give a damn about them anymore.

 



© 2012 C.J. Ravenheart


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on September 14, 2012
Last Updated on September 19, 2012


Author

C.J. Ravenheart
C.J. Ravenheart

Medford, NJ



About
My name's C.J. Ravenheart I'm 23 years old more..

Writing