Chapter Four: Ceremony

Chapter Four: Ceremony

A Chapter by Melancholydreams
"

' Here is a good reason they call these ceremonies "commencement exercises." Graduation is not the end; it's the beginning. '

"

Boston

IV- Ceremony

I hate the wail of sirens with a passion, the annoying red and blue lights, how it slowed down traffic even though I didn't drive. Point is, its annoying beyond belief, to the point of madness may I add. Wherever the ambulance came from, it was obviously local. I could hear it from miles away, and not any longer ago than that had an even more grating wailing errupted, this time from a firetruck. Arson. It was whispered amongst the graduates, girls with wide eyes, heavily lined with mascara, abominable overdone shades of eyeshadow making them look garish and scary looking. It was graduation, not Halloween! Although I actually wished I looked scared so I had an excuse to be comforted like those garish crybabies, huddling with each other, darting those eyes around as if somebody was going to light those hair extensions on fire. Thats right. I know!

But alas, its not like you can hate me for wanting something I can't have. My name was in the J's, and his was in the T's, but it didn't stop us from stepping back at the same time, mirroring my shock with those big blue eues of his.

It really needed to stop.

It really isn't healthy, in fact it was kind of like the plague, he was contagious of a sort. And I didn't need that kind of disease, and I don't think I want any of his other diseases either, plenty of girls would gratefully shove their breasts in his face for attention, but I wasn't dumb enough to try. I needed to stop needing an assurance that maybe I was wrong, maybe I actually wanted to see him after graduation, because in the end we all need to go back on that appointed time a few months later to collect those diplomas, and not much would really have changed. The only knowledge i really had of the guy was that he was a cute boy with a camera and a haircut.

Really, its either the fabricated teen popstar JB approach or the gelled fo-hawk, and the fo-hawk doesn't do it for me. I was more of a fan of original haircuts, like the traditional bowlcut. But I wouldn't appreciate it on a future husband, so as much as I pictured Spock, we would never be. Besides, he and Kirk have a captain-subdornate thing going on, they beloned together.

I'm getting slightly off-topic though, but in the end, I still hate sirens, and I hated graduation even more.



© 2010 Melancholydreams


Author's Note

Melancholydreams
yay for graduation ceremonies! And to clear up any confusion, there was a fire in the nighbprhood and a fire truck went by during the celebration. Just saying :B

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on December 22, 2010
Last Updated on December 22, 2010


Author

Melancholydreams
Melancholydreams

Whitby, Durham, Canada



About
I KNOW THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE/ more..

Writing