Chapter Five: Here comes the sun

Chapter Five: Here comes the sun

A Chapter by Melancholydreams
"

" Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter. Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here. Here comes the sun, here comes the sun and I say it's all right ." As

"

Boston

V-Here comes the sun

I locked my ankle against the wooden bars as I climbed over the balcony to the roof. The initial fear of climbing the roof was always wiped clean from my mind as soon as I saw the sunrise. It takes your breath away. It should have just been impossible to blend the pastel shades of blue and yellow as they darkened to an obscene shade of a passionate pink and orange, tinging the sky in its brightness as the sun rose. A blinding sphere of orange peeked over my neighbours shingles, I blinked away the spots, squinting at the oddpatterns eating away at my vision. It was always damp, the chill night air cast its tears on every available surface-yellowed lawns, darkening wood, brick walls, concrete. In that one moment, I wish I could have frozen time, years ago when Tom was alive with a full head of hair, would wake me up in the middle of the night as we scaled the rooftop, waiting for the sun to make its appearance. he showed me beauty. Timeless beauty. He showed me more when I turned to him, mouth hung open at the image of him, bathed in orange light. His slightly curly hair shone, his face glowed radiantly, his eyes shimmered with warmth that no sun could ever give me. I had never been in love before, but I fell for Tom in that moment. I had only been eleven, unsure of my shallow crush until it had bloomed over the years, giving birth to the flower it was today, flourishing even though the source had perished.

But now I was alone.

I stared at the blinding ball of fire before getting an idea. I tapped a few keys on my cellphone, still melancholy as the clouds began to part, shedding more light onto the world. The cheapring tone had barely started a si stared at my screen in disbelief.

'Good Morning.' the text from Ryan read.



© 2010 Melancholydreams


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!

Author's Note

Melancholydreams
I've give anyone a link if they want to see Avery's dress I'll link it in the reviews

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on December 22, 2010
Last Updated on December 22, 2010


Author

Melancholydreams
Melancholydreams

Whitby, Durham, Canada



About
I KNOW THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE/ more..

Writing