The Beginning

The Beginning

A Chapter by Crimson Rose

The sun shone brightly overhead scorching the land beneath it and fueling the bloodthirsty soldiers who were currently engaged in battle. On one side there were the Angels, a rare breed of human who harnessed life power of the things around them.

At one point in time the Angels used to be under the control of the demons and very few in numbers. Overtime as their numbers grew they started little acts of rebellion which escalated into war. On the opposing side there are the Demons.

 Named after their animalistic appearance, demons command more advanced strengths then their similar animal counterparts. A few days ago it had been announced that the Angels were advancing on Solectist , a town near the border between the two territories of the Angels and Demons. Already so much blood had been shed. The king declared a counter attack, gathering all his resources to meet the angels at the frontline of the battle and assigned his first son Blythe to command his troops.

Prince Blythe was known for his strategic talents and power which earned him many nicknames but the one that stuck the most was the Dark Knight which suited his preference for darker clothes because all his other shirts always ended up dyed a crimson red. He already obtained his own followers who abstained service to the present king to serve the prince. Like his father he had jet black hair as dark and fathomless as the night sky, a strong toned body from the long hours spent honing his skills for battle and wicked demonic powers. From his deceased mother he gained her dazzling gold eyes as well as the power to draw some energy from the earth similar to that of the Angels.

 Blythe stood at the top of a cliff which overlooked the field where the battle would take place. A gust of wind ruffled his hair and carried the scent of a damsel along with other smell from the woods around him. A lithe brunette emerged from the dense foliage which surrounded the field and approached the prince. Although she was beautiful Nadia was a deadly weapon. She was an Angel who only served the prince as repayment for saving her life and it is because of this that she respected him and because of her unchanging servitude that she was one of the princes right hand men.

 Nadia kneeled in submission “Sire,”

 “Stand up Nadia,” Blythe commanded then waited for her to follow his order before he continued. “Speak, what did you come here to tell me?”

Nadia began with her report. “The battle is going well, it shouldn’t be long till’ this fight is over.”

“Good,” Blythe replied, a smile already touching his face.

“-but there is a problem.” Nadia’s face began to crinkle with concern. “It’s just a rumor but my sources have been saying that the Crimson Rose is leading the angel’s forces.” Blythe froze. Crimson Rose was a nickname for the anonymous destructive force behind most of the Angels victories. Only a few people have seen her and lived to tell the tale but all those who do didn’t say much. Supposedly she always wears a mask to battle but most people claim she is a woman but some say she’s something else. That’s why she’s called the Crimson Rose. Like a rose she is a deadly beauty who walks the battle fields drenched in her foes blood. The Rose commanded hoards of Zombie like creatures called daemons which were the result of the Angels desperate pursuit of power.

Daemons were designed after the demons but created to only think of the kill, not the outcome of what may happen. Wherever they go they leave a trail of destruction and the lingering odor of rotting flesh. The only ones who can control them are the Archangels like the Crimson Rose. Archangels are even rarer than Angels but capable of handling more power. The more power you had the more Daemons you controlled.

Thoughts of the stories Blythe heard and the few brief encounters he had with Crimson Rose raced through his mind as he reorganized his plans to include the chance of an encounter with the elusive Rose. Blythe skimmed the battlefield looking for the signs of the Crimson Roses appearance but saw nothing out of the ordinary.

”Seth! Leo!” Blythe barked out. The rustle of foliage could be heard as two burley Demons jumped out of the forest. One of them was a man covered with wolf skins which clothed and seemed to merge with his broad features. The other one was a lion human hybrid. He stood on two legs like a human but he had more of a resemblance to a walking lion. They both bowed before their prince. “Re-organize the soldiers! Give them new orders to kill anything in their way and finish this battle quickly. If Crimson Rose is here this battle may take a turn for the worse.” The two demon’s eyes widened in surprise.

“Crimson Rose-” Leo, the lion human hybrid said in astonishment before he was cut off by the bloodcurdling screams which erupted from the battle field. Everyone whipped their head around in the direction of the screams. Daemons emerged from the edges of the forest to the north.

Their bodies were a mixture of animals sewn together with sinewy muscles and hard skin pulled taught over their bodies. There were holes in their body where they had been previously wounded or had rotted away, to driven by the thrill of the kill to even care if they were being hacked apart limb by limb. Some already held victims of the less fortunate in their sharp lethal maws, the new blood adding to the cakes of old blood. The foul smell of decaying corpses wafted upward caught by a slight draft burning everyone’s noses and causing some to gag.

 Blythe snapped back to attention.  “Seth! Leo! Go! Regain command of your troops and try to stay alive.” Seth and Leo had to recover from shock before bowing and dissolving back into the foliage. Blythe turned to Nadia “Nadia, stay here until I give you further orders. Your in charge until I get back.”

“But sir,” Nadia retorted a little shaky from the sudden occurrences.

“That’s an order,” Blythe said before heading towards the woods.

“What about back up?” Blythe looked at her, different emotions flashing under his mask.

“Back up will take too long. If worst comes to worst retreat. I’ll be back soon.” And with that Blythe immersed himself into the sea of greenery.



© 2010 Crimson Rose


Author's Note

Crimson Rose
Im open to all opinions and feel free to voice them no matter how harsh or stupid they may sound. No idea is a stupid idea right?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010


Author

Crimson Rose
Crimson Rose

honolulu, HI



About
I am striving to be a writer even though my grammer is horrible. I cant spell really good so please help me out. I enjoy reading books and prticipate in making my own stories as well as a few poems. I.. more..

Writing
The Meeting The Meeting

A Chapter by Crimson Rose