The Meeting

The Meeting

A Chapter by Crimson Rose

Blythe surveyed the woods around him and opened his senses to the world. “Sasha,” he called into the fathomless woods. In an instant a giant white wolf popped out of the forest covered with bramble and blood. The white wolf with the same gold eyes as her master looked up at him. Blythe walked up to the wolf patting her down and assessing her pelt. After he was satisfied that she was unscathed he mounted her back putting her into a mad sprint towards the battle field.

He arrived to a complete chaos. The daemons were ripping apart anything that crossed their path. Leo and Seth were fighting in their own sector viciously trying to save as many of their troops while fending off the daemons. Most of the angels were fleeing along with some of the less loyal subjects of the demonic army. Blythe assessed the field once more before dismounting and heading in with Sasha for the battle.

The first angel was sliced in half followed by a second and a third with the sword Blythe always kept at his side. The edges of the sword were already slightly worn and bronzed from the constant use and it had been awhile since it was cleaned, proof of his hectic schedule. The only thing that distinguished the sword from others was the intricate inscriptions hidden under the filth of the blade and the hilt of the sword. Although the sword showed age it was still sharp and deadly only proving the fine craftsmanship of the blacksmith.

Finally a daemon approached Blythe drenched in blood and carrying a dead carcass of an angel in its jaws. The angels legs scrapped against the ground and as a display of power the daemon popped the angels head like a water balloon showering the tainted earth with another offering. “Cocky brat,” Blythe said between clenched teeth shifting the swords weight in his hands before charging the beast.

 The Daemon roared before lunging at Blythe who swiftly sidestepped its advance and swung the sword around to sever its right flank. One of its claws tore a path through Blythe’s clothes barely scraping his skin. Out of the corner of his eye Blythe saw an approaching Angel looking for an easy kill. One swift stroke and the angels head was lobbed off leaving its now useless body to flop to the floor. Without pausing and going through with his stroke Blythe took another swipe at the daemon this time managing to wound its eye. The daemon still charged again in a blind rage. Blythe plunged his sword through the middle of its skull and twisted it for finality.

The body went limp as Blythe withdrew his sword to the sounds of a change in the battle field. Blythe located the cause honing his senses onto the red dot surrounded by a mass of black. Crimson Rose. Just as people had described it she wore a mask and a dress which was already dyed with blood. Blythe sprinted after the figure challenging anyone in his way. “Seth, Leo.” Blythe called. Seth and Leo quickly dislodged themselves from battle killing all of their hindrances and giving final orders to their men before they came. Seth and Leo ran to his sides covering his right and left flank. They were both wounded, Leo seemed to favor his left leg and there was a gash that went across his face while Seth had slashes all over his body. “Yes your highness,” they replied. “We’re aiming for the Rose. Cover me.” They answered with silence choosing actions over words.

The trio plowed through the hoards of opponents going for the quick kills instead of the more cautious approach. When a path finally opened Blythe charged holding his sword at the ready. The Crimson Rose took notice along with her guards of daemons. Two Daemons rushed Blythe and were swiftly taken down by Seth and Leo. Unaffected by the interference the Crimson Rose flicked a finger in Blythe’s direction. Vines shot out from the ground immobilizing Blythe as they snaked their way around his body. A white blur flashed across the terrain like lightning tearing the vines. “Good girl Sasha.” Blythe said in relief tearing the remaining vines off his body. Sasha gave a wolfish smile before turning to ravage the Daemons by her side. Blythe turned to face down the rose when all of a sudden she froze. Her body tensed up until finally she snapped back to attention surveying the field and seemed to give a silent command to all of the remaining Daemons. Like a wolf pack they silently followed their Alpha although some were more reluctant then others. Those that didn’t follow her were left behind to deal as much damage as they could before they died.

Breathing heavily Blythe regrouped gathering those who were still alive and killing others out of mercy. “Blythe,” Nadia said as she rushed up to meet him. She had obviously disobeyed orders and had gone to join the fight judging by the numerous amount of rips and tears in her outfit and the blood spots that marred it. Nadia assessed Blythe and tended to his wounds infusing him with the remainder of her magic. She tore strips of cloth to bandage already healing wounds cursing his unruliness. Blythe gave her a brief smile before turning serious again. When Nadia was done he stretched some muscles before issuing a command. “All able bodies are to attend to the wounded or help burn the dead. Kill all of the remaining angels and Daemons if there alive and any Demon who has no chance of living. Nadia, Leo, Seth, let’s go.” Blythe lead the way back to the camp they had pitched nearby followed by Seth, Leo and Nadia.

When they arrived at the camp the smell of smoke lingered in the air along with the smell of burning flesh. “Damn it, what the hell happened out there.” Blythe said shrugging off his shirt in disgust throwing it aside. The many scars he obtained over the years were illuminated under the low light of the flames set about his cabin. A desk cluttered with paper and other items was set in the middle of the room with a few chairs surrounding it. Blythe choose the head chair as he shrugged on new clothes and slumped into the seat. The others took a seat with him. Blythe repeated his statement “What the hell happened out there.” The others were quiet, contemplating the battle.

“What’s the death count?” Blythe asked running a hand through his hair.

Nadia spoke up “The numbers are unknown, well have to assess the damage latter.”

More sighing was heard as depression sunk in. “Sir, at least all was not lost. People are still alive and you prevented the deaths of the innocents.” Nadia said attempting to be the optimist.

“I agree,” said Leo also taking up Nadia’s stand point. Seth nodded in silent acknowledgement “No one could have handled the situation better than you.” Blythe gave in plus it was no use getting worked up about it, they still had a long journey back to the palace.



© 2010 Crimson Rose


Author's Note

Crimson Rose
this is my first first draft meaning i wrote it really fast and didn't reread it. I was that eager to get to the next chapter >.< lol. im open to any critisism you may have

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010


Author

Crimson Rose
Crimson Rose

honolulu, HI



About
I am striving to be a writer even though my grammer is horrible. I cant spell really good so please help me out. I enjoy reading books and prticipate in making my own stories as well as a few poems. I.. more..

Writing