Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mercer


The picture was a magnificent pen drawing of an owl in flight. I took one last look in the direction the girl walked. I saw her pass a corner and started running to catch up. As I ran, rain started to fall, beginning as droplets, but growing along with my worry for the girl. She was on the guardrail of the bridge. Cars flying by in the rain that came with the darkness of night.

“Hey hey hey, don’t jump, just talk to me for a minute.”

She replied with “no one else cared to stop and talk, why do you?”

I said “I wanted to ask, about this” I held up the drawing.

She looked back, and I could tell, even through the rain that she was crying. “It's a great drawing, it would suck to get rid of that talent.” I climbed up next to her, looking at the churning depths below. “At least talk to me for a little bit, please. There's no one here to hurt you.”

“Fine, start talking.”

“Ok, I'm Sam Locklin, we go to the same school, I remember seeing you around. You are always drawing, which explains why you’re so good at it. Do you think there's any way I could convince you to come off of here safely with me?”

“Doubtful”

“Come on, just come down and chill out for a few days. You can avoid everything else for a while. Get some food and dry clothes. you can just ditch, take another day off.”

“Why would you offer that to me, my own parents aren't even that nice.”

I sighed “I know some people who have terrible lives, filled with every horrible thing imaginable. They always turn out the happiest, assuming they make it through the terrible stuff. I want you to make it through this, I don't even know you, and I care enough to come and talk to you during this, please take me up on my offer.”

I hopped down and got ready to help her down, as she was going to get down she slipped, like in slow motion, I saw her falling. I lunged and grabbed her wrist, the adrenaline was immediate. I grabbed her arm with both hands and pulled as hard as I possibly could. She flew into me, making me stumble into the road. I looked, and saw the headlights. Then nothingness.



© 2018 Mercer


Author's Note

Mercer
Just ask for the next chapter if it isn't up.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

As with the prologue, you've stopped right at a point of great interest. A short but gripping chapter.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Mercer

6 Years Ago

I appreciate the reviews, and i am still working on this story, trying my best. Making it happen as .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 2, 2018
Last Updated on March 2, 2018


Author

Mercer
Mercer

warsaw, NY



About
I am an Aspiring poet, looking to get some feedback on my work. :) -Mercer more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Mercer


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Mercer