JIMMY CHO

JIMMY CHO

A Chapter by Mockingbird
"

what happened

"
     That night, Pratt had another one of his nightmares.  It always started the same...

     Sammy and Jimmy Cho were smoking a cigarette when Nimo arrived at the park on his bike.

     "What are you doing here, wuss?  This is our territory," Sammy said.

     "This is a public park. I can come here if I want to. I have a right to be here," replied Nimo.

     "Then you have to pay to stay here.  Give us two dollars and you can play here," Jimmy Cho piped in.

     "I don't have two dollars."

     "Then get the hell outta here, punk," Sammy yelled.

     "No.  I'm staying."  Nimo had to get out of his house. It was another typical day at his house where his mother was having an episode.  He was also sick of Sammy and Jimmy bullying him.  He was not going to back down this time even if he were outnumbered.  Not today.

     "Oh, yeah?"  Jimmy said as he picked up some rocks and started throwing them at Nimo.  Sammy followed suit.  Nimo got off his bike and picked up some rocks.  He started throwing rocks at them too.  He got Jimmy in the head with a large rock and he went down.  When he fell he hit his head on a jutting rock on the rock wall behind him.

     "Now look what you did, Nimo.  You made his head bleed.  Jimmy?  JImmy?  Are you okay?" Jimmy did not respond.  He lay there with his eyes open.  The boys just froze and stared.  Sammy gave him a little kick to prod him but he remained still.  "He's dead.  You just killed Jimmy Cho," Sammy whispered in the stillness of that moment.

     "I...I...but it was an accident.  He fell.  I didn't kill him."

     "You killed him!"  Sammy yelled before getting on his bike and peddled as fast as he could out of the park.

     "What am I going to do?"  asked Nimo to himself.  He couldn't stop staring at Jimmy Cho.  He was fascinated by the dead body. He snapped out of his trance, got on his bike and rode away without looking back.

     Tonight he dreamed that he was at the park again seeing Jimmy Cho on the ground.  His back was towards Nimo.  As he neared him, Jimmy Cho turned his head, looked straight at Nimo, eyes bulging.  His face was covered in oozing green algae, screaming 'it was you Nimo!' as a stream of fetid trout came spewing out of his mouth, hitting Nimo in the face.  "It was you!" Jimmy Cho gurgled.

     Pratt woke up in a cold sweat.


    



















© 2013 Mockingbird


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an amazingly gripping tale with some very unique twists and turns. I like how each character seems to suprise me, taking on a role i wouldnt expect them to. This is very well written and not too overburdened with details, just giving you the story and keeping you interested in the dialog. I honestly cant wait to see what comes next.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 10, 2013
Last Updated on September 28, 2013


Author

Mockingbird
Mockingbird

NJ



About
i am a misanthrope. more..

Writing