Sit Down and Relax Chapter 5

Sit Down and Relax Chapter 5

A Chapter by Mhbravo

Chapter 5

Opening my eyes to the roof of my quarters, I was immediately pissed off. Not at anything particular, just a general driving sense of pissed-the-f**k-off. Most of my guys were still catching some sleep, but I wanted to see the sunset, have a little time to think. I got ready spot checking my uniform and rushed outside with about 30 minutes to spare. As I walked through our base I pinched some snuff, placing it under my lip. The taste of home-grown Turkish Tobacco woke me up from the angry haze, a distinct flavor that reminded me of peacefully tending to my plants at home. Oh man, was that sky beautiful. As the sun slid behind the mountainside, the stars fought to take over the sky. It was cloudless that evening, quiet, serene. I took a seat on the ground, careful to avoid my soldiers; seeking solitude from the pack. I started to privately meditate while watching the sun disappear.


I stood up after a brief moment in my day. I was ready for the challenge and

Alright, here we go again. New day new responsibilities. Keep track of my soldiers and equipment. I was lucky to have a fair amount of freedom in the selections of sergeants. We demanded competence and they always delivered. The briefing was soon, it would probably be a similar mission to what we always did. I walked over to the briefing room ready to take notes. It was time to start focusing on the problem at hand and forget about the worlds problems.


// This is where I'm at with the book. I wrote another rhyme I'd like to include at the end of the story.


Cynicism like a moss on branch.

Matted and thick,

Covering the youth,

Far out to the thinnest stick.

Alas that moss was not planted,

Nor did it ask,

It just fought for the sun,

It was it's God-given task.

Yet cynical is nature that it blocked

out the sun,

The tree beneath rotted,

It had nowhere to run.

It could only drop its seeds to the

wind,

As it died to the sun. //

Thanks for reading!



© 2015 Mhbravo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on September 20, 2015
Last Updated on September 20, 2015


Author

Mhbravo
Mhbravo

Memphis, TN



About
My story I'm working on will tell you more about me than I could possibly do in this tiny 'about me' box. more..

Writing