Choosing a religion

Choosing a religion

A Story by LaMarcus Childrous
"

When we think there is only one way

"
You have some people who say that they don't have a religion. You have people that says there is only one religion that is valid and all others are invalid. Well, my take is religion prompts us to pray. Religion also prompts us to follow characteristic traits from God's people. For those who condemns following a religion, I would say this to you. What is better, following and mimicking a musician, entertainer, sports player, or politician who you never heard pray to God, or Characters from the Scriptures.
Furthermore, for those who pick one religion over the next, it like this. 
Imagine being in a dark room and an animal big as an elephant is in the room. Lets say the animal is one mile long. Now you put 1000 writers of religion in the room (Scribes). The Scribe has his paper and pen in one hand and reaches to touch the animal with the other hand. What do you get? Some Scribes will get a piece of the foot. Some will feel a piece of the leg. Some will feel the stomach and so on. Remember, it's dark, so no one can see the animal. 
Now the Scribes are going back to their different places and they won't see each other before they leave. They go to their respected worlds and tell their community their personal experience with the animal. Religion is the same way. Religious Professors can only tell you their personal understanding of religion. Each part of the animal represents a different religion. No one is wrong, there are many different pieces of the puzzle.
"Follow My Lead" 

© 2017 LaMarcus Childrous


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on October 25, 2017
Last Updated on October 25, 2017