A fight against time

A fight against time

A Story by Midnight_Mask

Here comes that grey cloud again, shading my land in darkness. The weight of the falling rain is too much and I cant stand this; falling on my hands and knees, only to try and stand on two feet. Hate and all these lies taking face to face, a war of a different kind. My sight is blined by this unnatural fear, Taken down by the jab from a spear; sharp pain that soon follows and this thick liquid overflowing on my clothes, screaming out in terror. Will anyone hear my cry for death, the only freedom from this kind of pain. but the body is the strangest thing, takes on hurt after pain after shame of years, fighting to live is its only goal and yet it's succeeding in its role. I struggle to my feet and balance myself with my mind, focus and narrow, ready to fight. Stricking forwards with my long sharpe sword, cutting the air at the tip of ur jaws. I see that sweat on your face, I know I can win this. so I'm picking up the pace.

  Your face is hooded with a mask of black, cloak as long and dark as the lies you started and now lack. I feel you slipping as I take one step forwards, you move away as if to stop the short range. Space is continuous and never ending, your making it hard on yourself by caring on. My advice to you is to strick again, see how that helps you, in this situation your in. My wound is deep and painful, but it just adds another deep cut to my collection. I hate how u try to deny how they got there, when your the one who set up those traps; waiting for me to fall down a hole, spikes at the bottom and a mine about to explode. Short on time, short on breath, I lean forwards and strike with my best; I catch your lazy arm and scratch it down, leaving my mark on you and your face in horror. I bet u didnt think I could get you, did ya. And now that I prove my worth, you will strike your last breath into every burst; slow and weak like the last jab before, a laugh of victory escapes my lungs.

  Eyes turn crazied, with hope of a death. My mouth carved into a displeasurable grin, marking my body into a smothering gleam. Sword shattering against the stone wall; the wall I crossed, to get to you. Yes I revile that I crossed the line, but you distroyed my life, way before my life should come to die. You've seen the first signs of insanaty, the weakness of my own victory. Striking with a burst of hope; I rock back, curse breaks through my lips, my sword fling to the ground. Humming, shattering and plattering down. Laying dead as it always was, I look up at the unmasked face; a scar reachin down your right eye, I caught a glimps of surprise and fear. Trembling kness and your spear falls. I leap towards you and we hit the floor.

  You struggle and throw your hands around, but nothing hurts me now. My muscles held tight, steal and strong, no matter how hard the punch, I'll never fall. Because, finally Ive had enough of your crap, holding onto dreams is my only goal; like the ones you distroyed long ago, I told you that I will eventually grow. I pound you with every punch, with every last of my strength. remaining unharmed, you smirk in humour, speaking the words bold and clear "I am you now remember" The voice is my own and panic rise. Another punch in your face and I go fling; hitting a back wall and sliddin down; the ground is now my comfort. Opening my eyes to a familiar place; my home and land, now burned in replace. But the wall stands tall, cutting my land from yours; suddenly the thought grows into a voice "I took your life so easy you see" You wave a hand to the building of mine "Your house, is now one of mine" A fit for air is all I can manage.

 Creeping closer your features become clear. Im lookin at myself; then Im struck with terror and fear. Screaming for anything, life or a sign. People emerge out of nowhere and familiar to my mind. There stood tall a figure of man, named Ikuto, tall and proud. The next was a young girl, small and cute, sakura came to mind and she giggled in tune. moving along to the next was a small boy, Kira was his name and then came a feeling strong of sadness and death. Moving along to next in line was Kairi then Miko and Amu. Last was of a one sense of power and pride, a female, named Row, my blood sister and one who died; her love one was to come first, a sacrafist was made, she left me behind, alone and blind.

© 2009 Midnight_Mask


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

well done, i really liked it. Though i found it made feel glummy, which is a good thing as a writer needs to be able to change the mood of their readers. but it was a really good peice, though it doesn't matter you have a couple of grammer issues.

Again done really well

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 5, 2009

Author

Midnight_Mask
Midnight_Mask

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi, I am Midnight_Mask and write because that's how I express my feels and how I see life. I've wrote everything from songs, to poems, to short stories, to chapters. One of my goals is to finish a b.. more..

Writing