Close door. Do you open it?

Close door. Do you open it?

A Story by Midnight_Mask

Laying in the darkest of rooms and yet the echo of your voice is still haunting me. I try to move but my arms lay numb across the cold surface, pinching my sides every now and then, but I hesatate to even bother making myself comfortable.

My thoughts blend into your nonsense that still ache within my memories. 'Why am I even here? Why do I always hurt people? and then in the end, I end up hurting myself'' These are the depressing quotes of mine that repeats over and over, polluting my brain slowly.

Hearing a shuffle creep above my head and I flinch, staring into the pitch black; with my lungs banging against my ribs, creating a burning sensation in my ears, but my heart beat is too hollow, too familiar to the constant scams that are played on me by the darkness. However, my heart aches with increasing sharp sounds of distress breaking into the enclosed room; normal I suppose considering I've already blocked the annoying constant buzzing.

No furniture I recall being left in here, it has been a while since I've seen the true details of the naked walls and floor. I don't even know if there are others here, laying in this emptiness; it almost makes you feel as if your missing something, something important. But I can't trace it, as if even if I tried, I will smuge the memories forever like shadows in the dark; only then will I be pushed to death, to lose the feeling behind the memory, even if I don't remember the memory itself.

Pressing myself down again, against the floor boards chilling my chest and ever so slightly creeping into my heart with electrical shocks, demanding my last surviving heat.

I don't know where I went wrong, this room must have had colour at one point; it must have had a window. But there's me dreaming again, as if I was ever happy, as if I was ever needed. But the more I embrace this mood, the further away I feel from somewhere, as if I have a chance of getting better; having the chance to feel the need to be alive.

Last time I fell asleep I had a beautiful dream, there was a guy there; tall, cute and there was a feeling bout him as if I were familiar with him. The dream polluted with my constant laughing; Well I believed it was mine, high pitched, tingling the back of my throught and the pain in my checks from the effort of a smile. His voice seemed smugged, as if it was faint; too far away to hear, making it tempting to press my body against his and sneak closer, cupping around my ear to focus on the tone, pitch and volume of his voice. But even without the bold words or sentances, I laughed.

Too bad it was only a dream.

Lately I've been hearing voices calling out a name, But even so, I don't know who their calling to; Forcing a growing sadness to tear through me, someones lost and people actually care so much, that they've been looking for what seems to be years. Every now and then, I listen out for the shouts of uneven voices and even though the familiar voices are fading with more time passing away, they wish for this person.

Now there is only two left; a female and a male. They tend to harmonies together, but sometimes I hear the man cry out into the winds alone. Now and then I twitch my fingers to attempt to move, to try and help their cracking voices, but stiffness returns and I collapes back to my mourning spot.

But now there's silence, sitting thick in the air; making it difficault to breath, as if something or someone were crushing my lungs. A peircing sound entered the atmostphere, forcing my ears and head to ache constantly and creating a twitch at the tips on my feet n fingers. Stunded by thoughts of death arriving I scream.

Shuffling reached my ears from out side the doors and then they stopped. Silence again. 

'Did they go?' When I whispered into the air, the words envoloped around me.

“Open the door”
 
The stinging sensation of loss returned to me again and I tried to shake it, but it just lingered around me; as if I was its owner. Tears emerge from my useless eyes, drowning me in a ‘relief’ feeling, making me hungry for some more and I end up forcing these salty drops to run down my face. Sniffing roughly through my nose and slowly allowing my sore muscles to creak slowly towards a faint thought of where I picture the door; and my hope begins to stretch outwards.
Demanding the last sight of my life to be of the piercing light I reach out my hand; I try to grip the shimmering handle. It was slippery and my fingers lost its grip, causing me to fall to the floor, face first.
When a strange sound hit my ears; crackling of metal against metal and a missing echoing 'sound', like thunder without the sound, bounced off the four naked walls. Light gorged into the room, pouring in like water arriving at the shore after a life time journey.
"Kara, Kara?" One of the voices of before said, as if questioning.
Looking up to find the door missing, a grand figure standing tall and godly light poured around him.
"It's really you" His voice shattered, filled with tears.
He crouched down next to me, his face revealed, beauty. Bright light blue eyes, blonde hair that flowed to his jaw line, cut in sharp layers and tanned skin that suited him quite well. I started to feel my cheeks heat up.
"Your like the guy from my dreams" I identified.
"I'm Leo," He indicated with a finger pointing at himself "Hi Kara."
I didn't know that my name was Ka-ra. "Kara" I repeated out loud, smiling.
Then he joined in. Such a dreamy smile. Eyes sweeping shut and I lean forwards, before I knew it, our lips met and I regretted doing so. He pulled away, examined my face and before I could say, he crushed his lips once again against mine.
I drifted off in the sensation that grew over me, I loved this moment. Alive and loving it.

© 2010 Midnight_Mask


Author's Note

Midnight_Mask
I hope the ending is alright, because I was meaning to finish it, but didn't and this was ages ago. So I hope its not a stupid, rushed finish =/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

u didn't!! well done!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 19, 2009
Last Updated on June 10, 2010

Author

Midnight_Mask
Midnight_Mask

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi, I am Midnight_Mask and write because that's how I express my feels and how I see life. I've wrote everything from songs, to poems, to short stories, to chapters. One of my goals is to finish a b.. more..

Writing