Dark Day's

Dark Day's

A Story by Midnight_Mask
"

This inspired me to write 'Dark Rouge' =D

"

It’s hard for me to accept the truth, which I can’t and shouldn’t go there if I want to move on. But I can’t help it; I’m too attracted to it. It’s pulling me in and I can’t resist and with every step closer, my mind pulls back as if there is a side of me still fighting the drug.

   As I step up those huge steps that climb in a spiral shape till I reach the top, where the light exposes me in shame of the sight of me in the rain. The sky bleeds and pours down on me as I walk across the path that shattered as the rain hit it. Drenched in the waste of the earth that is replenished, I opened the door that stood in front me and as it allowed me to accesses into the room. As the walls was naked and bare, like the floor and ceiling. The emptiness of the room exposed only the wooden chair that was placed at the bottom of the long vertical room. The windows welded shut by the cartons that held darkness on one side and light on the other.  

  I was near enough alone, but the company of the shadows that hid in the darkness. Was I really alone? I creped through the invisible thick barrier, whispering in my ear to stop me from moving any further, but my inner strength kicked in, the one that was too curious for its own good.

  My pulse quickening at every step and my heart thudding against my ribs, trying to throw me to the ground, to force me to stop. My breath escaped me, leaving me abandoned and I cough at the neglect of air. I realised that my steps grew larger, from small nudges across the ground to long strides that was almost a leap.

  Echoing behind me of a sudden slam, forcing me to jump in fright and spinning around, all in one fluent movement. I gasped, realising the door shut, closing of the horrific view of the injured sky.

  Now my heart raced in determination, with thoughts bouncing around my brain. Where am I? Who closed the door? Soon enough I was mumbling them out loud. Panic arose. 

  A flicker of a flame lighted, and then extinguished, no fuel to survive. But then another alighted. My back sank into the wall behind and I fell onto the floor, shielding my head in fear.

“I think she fled into this room, my lord” A distant voice sounded, sending fright into my mind.

“It doesn’t lead anywhere though” Another deeper voice replied, a little wavy.

“She wouldn’t know that though” The other voice returned, not as comfortable as the first time he spoke, I pushed my body into the wall and found myself curled up in one of the far corners.

   Light poured into the room, leaving a triangle of holiness on the floor then widened until it filled the room with one big blur. I shielded my eyes, leaving blotchy redness on my lids, staining them only for a few blinks. I rubbed them clean from the unusual stains and then flinched as a hand moved down to grab my arm.

Struggling to move further into the crack, fighting against the dark figures pull. But he won, yanking me onto my face and forcing me onto my hands and knees.

© 2010 Midnight_Mask


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow thats realy good

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 11, 2010
Last Updated on May 11, 2010

Author

Midnight_Mask
Midnight_Mask

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi, I am Midnight_Mask and write because that's how I express my feels and how I see life. I've wrote everything from songs, to poems, to short stories, to chapters. One of my goals is to finish a b.. more..

Writing