Blood Kiss: Unwanted Bite

Blood Kiss: Unwanted Bite

A Story by Midnight_Mask
"

Blood Kiss is a way to tie two lovers (Vampires) to each other through emotion. It takes both lovers to drink each others blood.

"
Sky light faded in the setting-sun, burning the sky a fiery orange that made the trees look as if they were melting away within its rage. Trees lined the either side of the road, too close to ride threw, but Cara knew that Damien wouldn't ride into the woods. Night was coming and only a blind fool willing to die would travel threw those woods. 
But danger was upon Damien even if he didn't ride threw those woods. The memory flashed threw Cara's mind, as clear as day; 
Damien storming off out of the safety that the walls granted, riding on a saddled horse. His destination, home. He lives in a small village, two days ride from the city if you rushed - no sleep. That's when the creature came into view. Hunched over in a crouch, elbows resting on knees and his grin stretching from ear to ear, revealing sharp teeth, that of a carnivores. Easy prey. Damien, alone, riding on narrow roads.

That's why Cara rushed for a horse. Didn't bother saddling it, now she wished she did. The ride was ruff and tried to knock sense into her, begging that she'll turn back, go home. But then her stomach will clench as if she was sick, she had to see him, make sure he was fine. This was what she told herself constantly to stop her from turning around. 
Time running out as the last ray of sun touched the tops of the trees, when Cara rode out of the narrow path flanked by trees and into a more open plain. That's when something flew past her, startling the horse out of control and throwing Cara onto the floor. Hands held out to break her fall. Everything flashed, light stretching out from her, blinding Cara and she shielded her eyes by tucking her head down and squeezing her eyes shut. 
When Cara finally stood - legs trembling - she stood on all fours, legs covered in grey short fur, Cara became conscious of a tail too - swishing back and forth. She'd transformed into a wolf. 
Bolting to catch up to Damien, Cara worked her legs and never stumbled or stopped. 
Her heart quickened when she saw Damien on the floor with his horse 10 feet away. Dead. He looked terrified and he should be, the Vampire was stalking over him, ready to take his first bite, mouth watering and skinny looking. Cara charged at him, for her love, she couldn't let him die. But the Vamp saw her coming and hit her hard so that she flew into a boulder. Struggling to get up, Cara fought threw the pain and stumbled once on her feet. 
She felt warm liquid run down her face and as it ran down into her mouth it tasted like iron. Blood. Vamp stood before her now, he stretched down with one long skinny arm and grabbed Cara by the scruff of her neck, lifting her up so that her legs kicked back and forth, trying to reach the ground. When she stopped fighting, Cara stared into his blood red eyes; they were face level. 
Energy fled Cara and she morphed back into her human form. Pain renewed as she struggled against the Vamps hold and Cara soon twisted from fire that shot up her arm. It was scratched open, blood everywhere and hard to see the cut, but she knew it was broken - she could feel it.
The Creature smiled again, like the one Cara remembered from before. Mischief written all over it. He laughed a croaky laugh, pitiful really, but who was Cara to complain or mock - he had her right in his hands, literately.
Gazing over his shoulder, Cara saw Damien laying exactly where he was the first time Cara saw him. A gash down his shoulder, reaching across his chest. But even through the ruff, the sun's rays danced on his skin, making him looking like an angel; But Cara guessed she was attempting to be his guardian angel and that didn't turn out how she wanted. Damien wore his casual clothing, black t-shirt and three-quarter length jeans. Besides how he dresses, his a Mage like Cara, but Cara was different and morphing into a wolf was just the start of it.
Sharp pain flooded Cara in agony again and tore her attention to the Vamp, who lifted her broken arm, inspecting it out of curiosity. Screaming in terror, tears emerging out of her eyes, Cara groaned. This made the Vampire grin, an evil set of teeth showing his deadliness.
Attention brought back to Damien, now standing in the middle of the road, a arm cradling it's opposite shoulder and he looked to be in a great deal of pain. He raised his free hand up, directing at her. Cara knew it was aimed at the Vampire, but everything was just going too fast, Damien was going to get himself involved again. No! Apart of Cara shouted out, but it only echoed in her mind, Cara was too weak to cry, let alone speak. A orb centred between his fingers, shining too bright to stare at it directly; it glowed a purple colour, the most deadly orb that a Mage can create. Damien hummed with the energy surging from within him and from out to create this orb, when it grew to a good size - that you can almost hold it one handed - Damien shot the orb towards Cara and the Vamp, by crushing his hand into a fist.
With a thump, the orb burying into the Vampires back, pushing him forwards and crushing Cara into the boulder behind her, leaving her to scream out in pain again. 
Dread settled in, not just seeping into Cara's skin, sending goosebumps crawling up her arms, but carved into Damien's face, eyes stretched wide with no 
effort at all. Cara couldn't see the Vampires face, it was bowed, shadow hiding his true features, making him look grim and even if she did see his face, all Cara needed as prof was that his grip tightened around her neck and she gasped for breaths. With a little grin, engraving over his face, he started to turn to his attacker.
Damien was still in shock, that orb was suppose to kill him and yet all it done was leave a little scratch on his back.
"Hay you pest" the Vampire shouted at Damien and even though Damien didn't change his expression to notify him that he heard, the Vamp continued "I was planning on ridding this useless shape-shifter first, but considering your so impatient, I could get rid of you first" A smile smoothed across his face.
Releasing his grip from Cara's neck, leaving her to crash to the floor with a loud thud and cry out in pain, Vamp started to step towards Damien; who was still frozen in fear.
Cara panicked, the Vampire was going to kill him, she had to do something. Vamp just want to get back at Damien, it was ages ago Damien told her that a man with teeth that can kill you in a grip if they wished to, Damien had stole this man's woman's heart. Vamp obviously couldn't leave that dead going unrewarded. Indeed, he was going to kill Damien and savour every last second of it with pleasure. Cara ached for him, her heart sang for him and she couldn't allow either of them to die knowing that she had a chance of stopping his death. 
Crawling forwards and catching Vamps hand as he swung it back as he walked, startled he stopped, giving Cara enough time to morph into a wolf and sink her teeth into his hand. He didn't look hurt, but as if he found pleasure out of it. The blood nearly made her vomit as she choked to spit it out, but a hand turned her head back - looking towards the sky - leaving her no other option but to swallow. After that, Cara had no more energy to hold her shift and morphed back into her human self. Being drag to someone's face, Cara tried to focus, all she saw was a blurry grin stretching from ear to ear. But it was the laugh that turned her skin inside out, that croaky and deep snicker. 
Something tickled her neck and then something damp caressed a vain that pulsed, heat furnishing instantly. Then. Piercing small stabs grip into it, forcing Cara's eyes wide, choking her air supply away. Her muscles fight, straining too much to the point it hurt and she twisted from the agony she suffered, then a feeling stole over her. Her checks flushed and she had a sudden feeling, almost like an instinct to want to please someone. Someone close to her. 
When she was released, new eyes looked down at her. A faint memory of them being blood red, now replaced with a mysterious green, alluring her in. 
"Master" She breathed.
Even though Cara knew that he was the very man that wished harm on the man she loved, she realised that she did no longer love him. Damien was a mere person now and Cara, the real Cara, imprisoned underneath the need to please her new Master. 
They call it the Blood Kiss. It demands that both lovers need to drink one another's blood, at least one of them being a Vampire. What the Blood Kiss do is bond the lovers together, but obviously as being human, the need to please her lover is times by ten. Which meant that he can now make her do pretty much anything he wanted.
Inside Cara cried, she had sacrificed her life for the one she truly loved. Inside she waved goodbye, blew a kiss in the air and whispered, I always wanted to tell you I love you. I guess threw these lips, I never will.
Watching as Damien fell to his knees. She guessed he felt the same, but like Cara, neither will he say those words. Imagining that he whispered the words back, Cara was swept off her feet.
"This will be all I'll be needing" His name came towards her as if she knew him her whole life. James, he was clearly bliss that he won.
Together they flew through the air, trees zooming past faster then Cara had ever seen them go. Gazing back at Damien, a tear broke free from her Blood Kiss spell and glided back to him, joining his falling tears as he silently cried, staring at her go. 
She always thought that it was him who saved her, but in truth, it was her who saved him.

© 2010 Midnight_Mask


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

thxy guys for reviewing ^^
And 2 sided story, thank you for the comments =] I really appresiate it. The picture is from a anime/manga called black blood brothers, really good anime/manga. =D
And I'll try to get around to repaying the favours to all you guys when I get the time. Thank yous =D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! Such a strong short story your very talented you sure will go far in the writing world! Nice job this is beautiful and I'm adding it to my favorites!! It's very cool! And I love the picture!

Posted 13 Years Ago


All I can say is wow I love this story it is awsome.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the twist in the tale here =] It really gets across the image of doing anything for your love, and how sometimes what you might have to do to hurt them the least is to let them go. I like it

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 25, 2010
Last Updated on June 15, 2010

Author

Midnight_Mask
Midnight_Mask

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi, I am Midnight_Mask and write because that's how I express my feels and how I see life. I've wrote everything from songs, to poems, to short stories, to chapters. One of my goals is to finish a b.. more..

Writing