The Girl: I Hardly Noticed

The Girl: I Hardly Noticed

A Chapter by M.E.Lyle
"

I hardly noticed her; I hardly noticed her at all.

"

Chapter One

The Girl

By M.E.Lyle


It was a long time ago, if my memory serves me correctly, when I first didn't see her. My memory, not being what it used to be, I couldn't be sure.


Zipping down the street on my little Honda, I hardly noticed her that day.

I caught a fuzzy glimpse of something, but I'm not sure.

She walked along the tree lined, shaded, paved sidewalk.

She saw me and gave a wave. I failed to respond back.

To be perfectly certain, I'm not so sure I actually saw her, you know, really, actually saw...saw her.

I did see something, however, but I wasn't sure it was a girl.

She smiled; waiting for me to wave back.

I suppose, through common courteousness, should have.

She was kinda' funny looking, in a funny kinda' way.

Her hair was as red as red can be.

She had it cut short, so short she looked more like a boy than a girl.

I probably would have mistaken her for a boy if I hadn’t noticed her other feminine like features, which, by the way, were only slightly discernible.

A person had to look real hard to tell the difference.

How was I to know? If you remember correctly, I said, I hardly noticed.

Her face was covered with a multitude of freckles. They were real cute.


She looked at me through crystalline blue eyes that seemed to brighten the cloudy skies, but I hardly noticed...you know.


At this point you can probably tell, I've hardly noticed much.


I probably should have stopped and introduced myself, but I'm a bit of an introvert, so I passed on the opportunity. She might be something evil or monstrous. She might lash out and snatch out my brains. Who knew?

I zipped down the street on my little Honda and left the whole incident behind me..

Did you know Honda claims you meet the nicest people on a Honda?

This is not a commercial break, and besides, I'm not too sure it's true.

One day I was driving down the highway when some guy tossed a coke bottle at me.

You remember the old Coca Cola slogan, "It's the real thing," well, it was.

I don't think this met Cokes bottle return policy at the time.

And those nice people Honda was talking about...I don't think this guy was one of them..


There's one smart a*s in every apple bushel, so I've heard.

Anyway, I escaped the incident unharmed.


Today I was meeting my buddies at the local Dairy Queen. We had much to discuss, mostly about girls.

I never mentioned the funny looking girl, as I've already mentioned on numerous occasions, I hardly noticed her, and practically had forgotten about her already.

Gosh she was cute though.



© 2020 M.E.Lyle


Author's Note

M.E.Lyle

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Gosh this is real good. I feal like I'm reading my own thoughts. Mixed and muddled but perfectly clear. Thanknyou for sharing

Posted 3 Years Ago


hmm really like it but cant find the utube link?..can you post it here?

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 15, 2013
Last Updated on July 19, 2020


Author

M.E.Lyle
M.E.Lyle

Wills Point, TX



About
So now I am 34 plus 40. Use the old math...it's easier. I'm an old guy who writes silly stories containing much too much dialogue. I can't help it, I just get stuck. I ride my bike trainer, our r.. more..

Writing
Meeting Kelli Meeting Kelli

A Story by M.E.Lyle


Sam Stone Hunter Sam Stone Hunter

A Chapter by M.E.Lyle


Sam Stone Fleora Sam Stone Fleora

A Chapter by M.E.Lyle