The Reign of Terror

The Reign of Terror

A Chapter by M.E.Lyle
"

"We are mortal enemies from henceforth."

"

Chapter Three

The Reign of Terror

 

  Three weeks since the beginning of school Carli and I have come to an unspoken agreement, I torment her, she torments me.  As our relationship grows, so does the number of pranks and jokes we toss at each other. I pull her hair, knock her books on the floor, and make fun of her funny freckles. She, in return; kicks, scratches, and pinches; all girly kinds of stuff. Sometimes she even screams. I hate that most of all.

  Today I have something special planned. Walking into class I take my seat behind her.  

 “Carli,” I ask, “Can I borrow one of your pencils?”

  I check around the classroom to make sure my best friend is watching.

“Sure,” she says with a smile, but instead of one pencil, she hands me two.

 “This is going to better than I thought,” I think.

  I look at my friend and snicker, the fun is about to begin.

  I took both pencils and broke them in half, right there in front of her. I hand them back to her in pieces and say,

 “Thanks ‘RED.’”

 Instead of getting mad and angry she smiles and laughs,

“Way to go McCoy, break my pencils why don’t you. I always knew you had talent for something.”

 My friend thinks the whole affair is hilarious and laughs at both of us. He looks at me and says, “You two belong together, you really do.”

 I look back at him wishing I could punch him in the arm.

“You need to shut up,” I scowl.

  I look back at her and she’s still smiling; only now it’s different. She’s giving me a weird romantical kinda look.

 “This is awful,” I think silently. “I think she might like me…” Ouch, the thought of it is too painful.

 “We,” I say to her, emphasizing the pronoun WE, “are mortal enemies, from henceforth, and for always.”

 “Fine,” she says with a smirk, “but in the end, you know you’ll lose.”

 “Now what’s that suppose to mean?” I wonder silently.

  It seems The Reign of Terror has begun.

 



© 2013 M.E.Lyle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on March 15, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013


Author

M.E.Lyle
M.E.Lyle

Wills Point, TX



About
So now I am 34 plus 40. Use the old math...it's easier. I'm an old guy who writes silly stories containing much too much dialogue. I can't help it, I just get stuck. I ride my bike trainer, our r.. more..

Writing
Meeting Kelli Meeting Kelli

A Story by M.E.Lyle


Sam Stone Hunter Sam Stone Hunter

A Chapter by M.E.Lyle


Sam Stone Fleora Sam Stone Fleora

A Chapter by M.E.Lyle