Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Red Hall Tour

The Red Hall Tour

A Story by Mila
"

Welcome to The Red Hall, where Night stores her mischievous children.

"

The Red Hall Tour

 

In the spirit of all things that Night gives birth to, there is a place in the farthest corner of the mountain that houses all of her mischievous children. They are locked away in a crumbling and abandoned place with barred windows and doors that are guarded by chains and ravenous gargoyles.

 

The dark foliage of the forest makes for an almost supernaturally convenient path to where this ominous structure sits, and everywhere crows caw, wolves howl and ghouls moan for release. It is known as The Red Hall, but many will refer to it as their own personal Hell…

 

Oh, you want to enter? Foolish are the curious…


We shall save the welcome for later, then.

 

Within the structure, upon your first entry, the three sisters would be standing there, all of them grinning with seemingly innocent expressions. Perhaps one will be holding a doll, another a bloodied machete and the last nothing. They are naked, slashed here and there with deep cuts that don’t bleed, and their hair is unruly and stained with dirt and human excrement.


You will also notice that their eyes are black and they have no teeth. They pulled them out to make the necklaces they wear around their necks.

 

“Come play with us!” One will squeal in her most innocent, child like voice, “Play! Play! Mama played with us!” She waves the machete about like a baton, “She’s asleep now. Play with us!”

 

If you are steel hearted enough to deny these young girls their playmate, you will now continue on into the foyer, where a man and a woman were in a perpetual waltz. The man was tall and possibly only handsome if viewed from the right side, for his left side was missing, and only pieces of free flesh and skeleton remained.

 

“Good evening to you, sir!” He will say, tipping his bloody top hat and spinning his partner around. The lady he dances with is clad in a torn dress and bare feet. Her hair is falling out with every step she took, but she never seems to lose all of it. Her teeth are rotten and most of her fingers are missing.


She bit them off.

 

You will continue on from this, and ignore the hooded, hunched figure sitting in the corner and moaning. That old hag never bothered anyone, but do not be surprised if you should turn and see her following your every step.

 

On the stairs, a woman keeps walking down but never goes up. Pay her no attention, she is in an everlasting nightmare, and will only wake up when all of them realize that they are all in the same nightmare.

 

Is the hag following you? You may notice if she taps you shoulder. Do not turn around or pay her any attention, she will go away eventually.

 

Now you are on the first floor. As you pass by room 13, you may or may not notice in your peripheral a very clear image of a girl with long, dark hair falling in her face. Her hands swing by her sides and she is hunched over, moaning and weeping in a whispery tone. As you will continue to inevitably observe her, you may notice that her feet are backwards.

 

That will not stop her from stalking you if you make eye contact with her.

 

In the tuberculosis wing on the second floor, you will find many folk who have taken their own lives. To say that this particular wing is haunted would be an understatement, but you did not come here for a mere ghost frenzy.

 

Ah, the hag is following you, isn’t she? How about the girl with the backwards feet? I did tell you not to make eye contact with her, didn’t I?

 

Good luck being rid of her now.

 

Did you blink only to find yourself face to face with a doctor wearing a bloodstained face mask and bloodshot eyes? Try not to move as he leans in closer, trying to examine you. You see, anyone who enters into The Red Hall is his patient. If I were you, I would watch my back.

 

The hag is cackling, isn’t she? The girl continues to weep.

 

The doctor lets you by, but don’t count your blessings. He will be watching you. They are all watching you.

 

You are now on the third and final floor. The first thing you may notice is the woman on the rocking chair breastfeeding her dead child.

 

I jest with you, it is not dead. In fact, if you look closer, you will notice its teeth are sharp and it is not suckling milk but draining blood.

 

The woman is naked, as you see, and skeletal. She is pale, her hair is all but gone, and her feet and fingertips are blackened. There is blood running from her breast as the Devil child continues to drink. She hardly seems to notice as you, disgusted beyond imagination, continue to walk on.

 

The hag is gone now, only the girl follows you. Do you hear her moaning?

 

At this point you may be aware of the spirits pounding on the cell doors, begging to be freed. Ignore them, they will never quiet.

 

Ah, yes, now you are curiously about to investigate the treatment room. If you haven’t already, take a good look at the bed where the electric shocks are given. Do you see him? His image fades in and out, but if you watch closely, you may notice him watching you, begging you to stop the machine.

 

Thing is, it never stopped, and that is how he died. Indeed, I can only imagine the look plastered over your face now, for can you imagine? To be strapped to a bed, powerless, gagged and then shocked over and over and over and over again and your only solace through the pain is that it may stop?

 

But it doesn’t, the doctor with the blood shot eyes left it on to see how long the patient could withstand the pain.

 

If you are curious, strap yourself down there and see for yourself. I can almost assure you, you would be a most welcome patient.

 

No, really, please do stay! You haven’t finished your tour yet.

 

Why are you running?

 

You know you can’t escape.

 

Ah, the woman on the stairs has noticed you now.

 

The hag is clutching at your shirt, the dancing couple attempt to hold you in place.

 

Don’t fear the machete. The pain is quick.

 

Just ask the girl’s mother.

 

Don’t struggle.

 

Don’t scream.

 

Ah, there’s the good doctor, he will make sure you are comfortable.

 

And the girl with the backwards feet will always be your shadow.

 

I told you not to make eye contact with her…

 

Is it over? Splendid!


Welcome to The Red Hall or, shall I say, home?

© 2014 Mila


Author's Note

Mila
Yeah this is a bit more macabre than I usually write. I was inspired by American Horror Story: Asylum which, I think, is the best season thus far, and I decided to try my hand at something new and it may not be very good (I do love Halloween in a weird, not serial killer way!) but still do review and let me know how it was!
Reviews=motivation!

-Mila

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I loved this so much. Each character was beautifully described just enough so I could picture them in my mind and to give me shivers. I could see myself in this house of horror. Beautiful job. It is truly mesmerizing. You managed to create a place of nightmares that seeped into my mind. Love it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!!!
Ashley Lytle

8 Years Ago

You're welcome



Reviews

Holy god and all things good I will never sleep again!!!!!!!!!!!! To amazing for word, you are a fabulous author Mila!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!!! Oh no, I don't want to deprive you of sleep, I hope it wasn't THAT scary! XD
Valkyrie Warrior

8 Years Ago

It really was!!! A horror story of true quality, but then again, I would expect no less from you.
I loved this so much. Each character was beautifully described just enough so I could picture them in my mind and to give me shivers. I could see myself in this house of horror. Beautiful job. It is truly mesmerizing. You managed to create a place of nightmares that seeped into my mind. Love it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you!!!
Ashley Lytle

8 Years Ago

You're welcome
Mila, I feel proud of you joining my horror contest. This is purely amazing. Most of the stories In the contest I never finished. But this, this is just art. I believe, you have won.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Very creepy. It looks like it was fun to write. I thought it was well written except you switched from past to present tense and back in a few places.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

9 Years Ago

Thank you! I'll get to fixing that!
First off, I love American Horror Story, both of them. You're right Asylum is the best thus far. Now, as for your story, it was amazing. The descriptive details are exhilarating!! This story gave me goosebumps, and I really hope you write more like this. I think this is the best one I've read so far, and the only one that caught my attention in the first sentence!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

9 Years Ago

Thank you!! Horror is actually a genre that I'm testing out for the first time, as I don't usually w.. read more
Awesome piece of writing, and you will definitely be considered to win my contest. Great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

9 Years Ago

Awww thank you so much! That means a lot! :)
Not here

9 Years Ago

No problem. I loved the point of view it was told from. Im choosing to call it 7th person point of v.. read more
Mila

9 Years Ago

Hahahaa well thank you! I've never attempted anything like it before, so I'm glad it worked!
Hey Mila,

This was absolutely wonderful. Very vivid imagery, I felt like I was truly there! It also reminded me of Silent Hill. You should watch it, if you already haven't.

You should put this story on reddit's noSleep section, too!

Sidenote: Asylum is definitely the best in the AHS series.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
FNG
I loved it! Mostly I write horror and dark tragedies, so this was right up my alley. I enjoy the narrator the most, those character's that seem just a little sane within their insanity are always the most fun to write. You did an incredible job with the description of every scene as the reader moved through the story. It flowed very well. I could picture every individual you described and the setting. I hope you attempt more horror, I would very much like to see what you can create.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

9 Years Ago

Thank you!! I don't always do horror; I'm more scifi, fantasy and literary fiction, but I'll hopeful.. read more
So gritty and dark i enjoyed it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

9 Years Ago

Thank you!!
A very cool piece of macabre writing. I like how devious the narrator is. At first, he acts as a helpful guide, and then it is revealed that he is complicit in all the madness. Nice work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mila

9 Years Ago

Thank you!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1052 Views
22 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on October 7, 2014
Last Updated on October 8, 2014
Tags: Halloween, Horror, Gore

Author

Mila
Mila

St. Louis , MO



About
ALL WINNERS FROM MY CONTESTS WILL HAVE THIER WORKS FEATURED ON MY WATTPAD ANTHOLOGY WITH FULL CREDIT GIVEN TO THEM! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WELL BEFORE HAND IF YOU DO NOT WANT ME TO FEATURE YOUR WORK! A.. more..

Writing
Change Change

A Story by Mila


Liar Liar

A Story by Mila