Chapter One.

Chapter One.

A Chapter by Unthinkable

Photobucket

 Werewolves are right outside my house, I can hear them breathing and whispering under their breath. I lean my ear against my old wooden door to hear them whispering quietly. I began putting on my white-as-snow winter boots and a parka I made my own during the summer. I grabbed my gray dull messenger bag and my gun in my back poket. I made slow movements as I walked to my escape ladder next to my dusty bed. I hear their whispers under the winter chill.
   "A strange is there, eh? She don' seem so bad. It's a puiny girl what can she do?", I head flips of pages which was probably my portfolio of how I looked and what i was capable to do. Thing is, they don't know any of that information. 
   "From the folks around here I hear she's only six teen! And quite a show!", another says bursting out laughing as one tells him to shut his damn mouth.
    I climbed up the steps of my ladder making slight creaks as I open the celing door to go up the roof top.  Chilling white snow falls into my small cabin and creates a small ant hill at the bottom of the ladder. I actually find it surprising that they were able to find me after five years, in the deep woods, in my house camoflodged with dark pine trees and white snow. I sighed and hopped onto the roof almost slipping and blowing my cover. There they are. Six of them, standing infront of my door, 8 feet tall and jet-black fur like spines of a pokepine,  feet three times bigger than mine, razor sharp finger long claws, and breathed like a fire breathing dragon. In the middle of them was a much bigger werewolf that was white as the snow but had eyes as red as its blood.  I could usually take any Cimmerian in combat but werewolves are known to be really fast, I've once taked on two and that was quite a challange. 

I stood there looking at them waiting for them  to walk into my house so I could activate the bomb. They suddenly stopped talking and looked around as their nose wiggled like a babie's finger. I held my breath and took some purple dust from my poket and scattered it in the air around me. I feel dumbfounded to have forgotten tehir sense of smell. I began to hold my breath since breathing this potion can cause vital illness. They began havign confused faces as the potion swirled aorund them twisting my scent in different directions.
   "Hey, yah smell that? The girl's moving ain't she!" They began looking around holding their giant spears in their hands and trotting around the place with confused looks. I giggled at their faces and one of them turns their head and looks directly at me. I held my breath and tried to think but it was too late.
   "BOSS! THERE SHE IS! ON THE ROOF!"
   "GET HER!! ALIVE OR DEAD!", one shouts.
   I flinch as one hops onto the roof and make the whole cabin shake. I keep my balance as the others try to hop onto the roof as well. My heart beat paced...faster...faster... 
  "Melanie is it?! The crowd says you put on a show!", from behind me the white ginormous wolf steps up and I'm now between two of them, "Oh ho ho! May we do the opening act?"
  "What do you guys want from me, this time?", I hesitated and reached for my gun slowly as my heart beat paced...faster...faster...
  "I've been told you've been working for the Lumicate side and the Cimmerian side, eh?", the white one pushed me and I bumped into the black wolf as he growled and hiss carrying his heavy spear on his shoulder.
  I swallowed my gut and smiled, "There's nothing wrong of being a strange or working for my own sake and I'm neither a Cimmerian or a Lumicate as you just stated, I'm a strange"
  The white wolf licked his lips and rubbed his tounge against his teeth as if he were about to feed. "You do put on a show, Melanie, a comedy one. Though you were born as a Cimmerian and you break the law of interacting with a Lumicate! Thus,making you a Lumicate and entering our fields. This is against the law of the creatures and This has been happeing for a few years, Melanie"
  I rolled my eyes and whispered, "..took you awhile to find me"
  The wolf from behind me held the spear to my head as the white one smiled. My heart paced...faster....faster... 
  I turned to the one holding the spear and placed the tip of my index finger on the tip making it cut me a bit as the blood flowed down my arm. I chuckled as he looked at me strangly, "Do you know what I worked for, Mister wolf man?"
  I looked back at the white wolf popping my winger into my mouth and sucking out the blood as he shook his head. My heart paced faster...faster...
  "Assassin and mastering the arts of what I was born with"
  "You were born with no powers, Melanie. Your mom was an abnormal Luminate and your father was a stupid Cimmerian-- almost as stupid as human mortals", he smiled as he licked his claws.
  "You don't know anything do you..."
  My eyes twitched and turned gray like the clouds in the sky and I clenched my hand. Beams of light shoot out my eyes like flashlights only narrower. My arms start to tremble as half of my right arm disolves into black smoke and reforms into some sort of claw--like the wolves. I look at the black wolf behind me with my beaming eyes and he flinches as I shove my knife-hand into his stomach creating a huge waterfountain of red blood. My hand then becomes a hand againa nd Illuminates. The wolf cries in pain as he disapeers into ash and gets swished away by the cold winter wind. From behind my the white wolf grabs me by my neck and starts to scrape out my throat. I yelp in pain as I see my own blood rolling down my chest and my mouth disolves into black smoke and reforms into a mouth with sharp fangs. I bite into his arm and he cried in pain and let go. By this time all the other wolves were already on my roof. I reached for my gun and shot them beams of bright light that made clear bloody holes in their foreheads that wnet all the way through with one shot. 


© 2011 Unthinkable


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on August 25, 2011
Last Updated on August 27, 2011


Author

Unthinkable
Unthinkable

Daly City, CA



About
Its nice to speak of wonderful things, but its more interesting to speak of horrible things. more..

Writing
Seed Seed

A Chapter by Unthinkable