SCARS

SCARS

A Poem by AKANSHA
"

Scars to you beautiful...

"

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” Scars �" something   which  does not heal and stays with you forever. They actually form an integral part of every human being’s existence. Certain people desire a life without a scar but scars are actually special

We often look at our scars with disgust and desolation but scars actually teach us a way of liberation from our confined minds. The part of the pain that remains with us stays in the form of scars.

We also get stigmatized in certain situations because of  our scars but those scars actually inspire us not to trust people easily, not to once again return back to that loved one who once left us in a deserted land with a broken heart, not to mend that toxic relationship, get liberated from every domination and frustration.

 

Scars should have faded like every other minor wound but they stay not to confine us but to make us a little more matured enough to heal the innocent soul with a little doze of maturity. Like commitments they commit to make us more developed individuals who are ready to survive through the dreary deserts by being the cactus themselves. Every step in life is full of happiness and risks and you might endure scars in climbing us those steps but remember every beautiful thing in life is scarred ,,, even the moon is scarred . I see people striving for perfection but does that perfection actually please us ? It does not because scars make us ponder and relate thereby forming a mental attachment with those things.

 Every tear of betrayal and sorrow that we shed gets absorbed by our scars because they are the ultimate possession of ours which actually make an effort to heal us. False sympathies and fake condolences break us more but scars teach us how to dominate your own pain and move ahead in life . Social media posts and inspirational books don’t teach us to live life but it is actually those bitter-sweet experiences and scars who in reality teach us to be rational and practical individuals… so next time don’t try to mend or be shameful of any scar but scars actually make us beautiful in its pure sense …. Live a peaceful and scarred life…

 

© 2021 AKANSHA


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent prose poetry. That's not an easy thing to pull off.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for sharing your poem. There are times I often look at my scars, both seen and unseen. In order to remember how far I have come and grown as a human being. They reveal both our victories and defeats, and are the sum totality which define us.

Posted 2 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2021
Last Updated on June 10, 2021

Author

AKANSHA
AKANSHA

India



About
Hello everyone. I am Akansha a law student and an aspiring writer. more..

Writing
PRIDE MONTH PRIDE MONTH

A Story by AKANSHA