PRIDE MONTH

PRIDE MONTH

A Story by AKANSHA
"

LET US ALL BE PROUD OF OURSELVES IRRESPECTIVE OF SEXUALITY...

"

PRIDE MONTH

-         AKANSHA 

You say BE STRAIGHT

I say TASTE THE RAINBOW

PRIDE �" A word usually associated with honour and dignity. The Pride Month is currently  celebrated each year in the month of June to honour the 1969 Stonewall Uprising in Manhattan. Mankind always has this thirst for something innovative different from the others then why do we not whole heartedly celebrate the uniqueness present in us. Instead of embracing our fellow brothers and sisters of the LGBTQ community we fear them, abuse them and even criticize them. People from the transgender community are left to beg on the streets. For a mere survival they have to knock on the window of every car or   some vehicle at nearly every traffic signal and sometimes receive treatment worse than any beggar on the street. Even if they want to get themselves a self recognition they are deprieved of it.  Marriage is a human right not a heterosexual privilege so  teaching your children to have a conservative mechanized view about marriage is something we should all stop. Let every man and woman get to embrace their true individuality and lead a normal life like us… Love is blind so none of us actually have the implied right to decide the fate and destiny of our fellow human �" beings. Let us all come together and support our fellow human beings. Let the PRIDE MONTH  be a celebration of Acceptance ,Love and Humanity. Love can conquer fear so lets celebrate the purity of love by standing beside them because Together We Can Make a Difference. This Pride Month will not gain momentum only through parades because those are only few in a vast unending ocean… but communication and compatibility can bring many Maya Noirs and Manabi Bandopadhay out of their fearful cocoon and as it is truly  said  that “Openness may not completely disarm prejudice , but it’s a good place to start .” Instead of just merely celebrating the Pride Month let us all be the Pride of the LGBTQ community through love and humanity….

 

© 2021 AKANSHA


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on June 29, 2021
Last Updated on June 29, 2021

Author

AKANSHA
AKANSHA

India



About
Hello everyone. I am Akansha a law student and an aspiring writer. more..

Writing
SCARS SCARS

A Poem by AKANSHA