Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Miranda

     As you probably know, most Cinderella stories start with ‘Once Upon a Time’. But this is not your average Cinderella story, there are no fairy godmothers, no evil step mother, no wicked step sisters, and no tiny glass slippers, there isn’t even a prince or a Cinderella. Now before you turn away and think ‘this isn’t a Cinderella story, I’m going to find something else to read’, let me introduce you to a few people and you try to see if they ring a bell.

     Joshua Armstrong was pretty much your average Junior at your average high school. He would spend his days studying and working. In his past time he would either be taking care of his 3 year old sister, Mary, or cooking, cleaning, paying bills, doing his brother’s homework, and helping his brother woo his girlfriend. Just your average teenager right?

     Now let me introduce you to Vincent Armstrong. Vincent was Josh’s father. After suing a bankrupt family for selling him a clunker car, he was able to obtain a car dealership (which was the bankrupt family’s only source of income). After he spends all day selling people junk cars, he comes home and orders Josh around. Taking out all of his somehow acquired anger on him. While he idolizes Josh’s brother, he frowns upon Josh and Mary for that matter. Seems really nice doesn’t he?

     James Armstrong was Josh’s evil brother. He was your typical jock. He thinks he’s better than everybody else. Being at the “popular” rank at high school, he gets the best girls. His snotty, stuck up girlfriend’s name was Natalie Richards. James spent his days playing sports, hanging out with friends, and going to movies with his girlfriend. Since Josh did all of his homework, James was a free man all day, every day. Did I mention that James and Josh were identical twins?

     If you said “yes” to any of those questions that I asked, then you need to go get your brain checked out. Yes, Josh is the Cinderella of this Cinderella story.


© 2013 Miranda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice opening and interesting twist on the typical Cinderella story. I particularly liked the narrators comments to the reader.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miranda

11 Years Ago

Thank you. I hope that you'll enjoy the actual story. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 23, 2013
Last Updated on March 23, 2013


Author

Miranda
Miranda

N/A, MI



About
My name is Miranda and I live in Michigan. I am a young author though I have no published works, I am working to get my first novel edited and sent off to the publishers. I write mostly fantasy and u.. more..

Writing
Pikachu Pikachu

A Story by Miranda