Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Miranda

     Blaiz shifted in her sleep. Shifted? She moved again. Blaiz snapped her eyes open and leapt up gasping for air.

     “Hey!” Dustin complained and looked up at her. He was flat on his back.

     Blaiz turned to him. “Sorry,” she said.

     Dustin smiled and stood up to stretch.

     “Would you two keep it down already?” Misty grumbled.

     “Wake up Misty. I need to tell you about my dream,” Blaiz said.

     Misty grumbled a little bit in her sleep. Blaiz nudged her, “Wake up!” she yelled in her ear. Misty leapt into the air, she turned to Blaiz with her pelt bristling and her teeth barred. “WHAT DO YOU WANT?!” she snapped.

     “Settle down everybody. We need to have our heads on straight if we are to save the wolf race,” Kitara soothed.

     Misty turned angrily to her. “Who are you to be giving us orders? You weren’t even going to tell us about the prophecy, Blaiz and I had to follow you to find out!” she growled.

     “We didn’t tell you because we didn’t want to alarm everybody for nothing. We weren’t even sure if it was a prophecy,” Naka explains his voice calm.

     Misty snorts before turning away mumbling to herself.

     “If everybody is done bickering, I would like to explain what I saw in my dream,” Blaiz stated.

     “Go ahead Blaiz,” Kitara pressed.

     Blaiz explained everything that she saw in her dream from the bodies to the demon. When she was finished she asked, “So what do you guys think it means?”

     Kitara and Naka walked over to the wall and looked at the cave paintings. “Your dream seems to follow the exact storyline of the paintings on the wall. Maybe you were just dreaming what the wall was saying since it was the last thing that you saw before we were frozen,” Naka assumes.

     Blaiz shook her head. “No I don’t think that’s it, it seemed so……real.”

     “How long were we frozen?” Cavalier asks from off in a corner.

     “I’m not sure, probably for a couple of days at least,” Blaiz guessed unsure if she was right.

     “Hey guys! Come check this out!” Dustin called to them.

     They all find him by the entrance of the cavern they were in. “We’re no longer locked in,” he says.

     “But how can that be? That rock had sealed us in here tightly. There is no way for that rock to just disappear is there?” Misty asked baffled.

     Blaiz stepped forward. “Whether the prophecy is true or not, we have to at least warn the other wolves,” She suggests before bolting towards the cave entrance.

     “Wait!” Naka calls after her. The other wolves start to follow.

     Blaiz knew that every time she had previously tried to leave the cave she had felt an awful feeling of dread when she reached the waterfall, but this time she wasn’t going to let that stop her. When she reached the entrance she stopped dead in her tracks. When the other wolves caught up they didn’t even need to ask what was wrong. The waterfall that covered the entrance to their cave was gone but the six wolves could tell that the water was flowing out from somewhere in the cave because they could hear it. Blaiz looked out at the dying landscape in front of her.

     “I don’t think that we were asleep for a few days,” Dustin quotes.

     Blaiz walked out along the ledge outside of the cave. Ignoring the friend’s protests, she starts the climb down. The others reluctantly follow her. Blaiz stops on the edge just before she reached the ground. She stares at the strange brown plants that grew on the ground. Looking at the others for reassurance she leaps to the ground. The plants feel prickly beneath her paws making her rough pads itch. She lifts her paws high off the ground as she tried to get used to the different landscape.

     She then turns to her friends who were looking at her expectantly. “It’s safe, but I warn you that these strange plants may make your paws itch for a minute,” She tells them.

     Blaiz waits patiently for her friends to jump down and become acquainted with the new ground. “Shall we go and warn our brethren now?” she asks.

     They all nod and followed Blaiz as she led them into the forest.



© 2013 Miranda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good. I really liked this so far, but I am curious as to how long they were frozen...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Miranda

10 Years Ago

Lol, it tells you in the next chapter. :P
Miranda

10 Years Ago

Thank you. :)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 24, 2013
Last Updated on March 24, 2013


Author

Miranda
Miranda

N/A, MI



About
My name is Miranda and I live in Michigan. I am a young author though I have no published works, I am working to get my first novel edited and sent off to the publishers. I write mostly fantasy and u.. more..

Writing
Pikachu Pikachu

A Story by Miranda