Battlefield (Turin side story)

Battlefield (Turin side story)

A Chapter by Mirlin
"

A little side story of Turintamar.

"

River looked around the battlefield. The fight was over an bodies where everywhere.

The male swallowed. He was scared. Igor had been on the battlefield, but there was no sign of life anywhere.

He wanted to search for the male; he wanted to find him alive somewhere between these bodies, but Florean forbid any of the soldiers to step out of formation.

River could understand. Florean wanted to make sure first that there wouldn’t be another attack. It didn’t mean that River liked it, though.

About a hundred meters further they found the first living soldier. The male was closer to dead than life, but Florean still ordered a few soldiers to help the wounded man. He continued with the other soldiers to search for more living people.

They found three living soldiers in total, but there was still no sign of Igor. Not alive nor dead.

River worried more with the minute.

They heard a growl above their heads. All looked up and saw Igor’s dragon flying in circles above a certain spot in the distance.

River froze. The dragon was crying out in a painful way, though seeing it flying it didn’t look like the dragon was hurt.

River swallowed and he became lightheaded. Dramatic scenes appeared in his mind and he was almost certain that one of them could be true.

He walked away from the others; in the direction of Igor’s dragon. Florean called him back, but for the first time River ignored his orders. His walked faster the closer he came, until he was running as fast as he could. Not even noticing that Florean was still calling for him and ordering his men to follow him.

In the distance, between al the dead bodies, River saw the body that he was searching for. The fact that he was laying on his back almost confirmed his worst fears.

River took a sprint and tears start running down over his cheeks. He couldn’t believe the male would be dead. It was just impossible. Igor was strong, especially when he put his mind to something. It was just impossible.

When he finally arrived River fell down on his knees next to the bloody body of Igor, panting heavily. His eyes were red and his cheeks wet from the tears. “Igor?” He asked as if he hoped that the male would bring out a sound. “Igor please.” His voice was hoarse from the tears. He touched the male’s face carefully, as if he was scared to hurt the male. More tears flow down his cheeks and now dripped into Igor’s chest. He tried to control his shocking body, but it was impossible.

“Please, don’t be dead.” He cried. “I need you.” He grabbed the fabric of Igor’s armour and clamped it tightly in his hands. He placed his forehead against the male’s chest and shed even more tears. He couldn’t handle the idea that Igor wasn’t there anymore. That he had to life without him. Igor had been the first and only person who hadn’t treated him as a play toy. Igor was the only one that genuine loved him and he loved Igor back as much as the male did.

River could heard Florean and the other soldiers arriving, but he didn’t look up.

“Leave him be, River.” Florean said. “He’s dead.”

River didn’t react and just mumbled Igor’s name time after time, not even trying to push back the tears.

“River stop. We are searching for living soldiers, not dead soldiers.”

River slowly lifted his head and closed his eyes for a short a moment, trying to control the emotions in his voice, then he opened them again and looked at Florean. “You can’t leave him here.” He said in an almost whisper.

Florean grabbed River’s shoulder. “Carrying the living back is already too much for the few people that we have left. We can’t carry a dead on as well.” He said strict.

River shook his head. “Please, Florean.” He begged. “He’s a general, just like you. I know you hate him, but please. I can’t bare leaving him here.” Tears were still flowing down his cheeks while he spoke the words. He couldn’t handle Igor’s dead, but not being able to bury his remaining properly would be even worse.

Florean shook his head. “Don’t argue with my decision. Take his bow and leave his body.”

Just then someone suddenly couched. Both River and Florean turned towards Igor.

The male was coughing up blood and drops of it were slowly dripping from his lips.

River’s eyes grew in confusion and disbelieve. “Igor?” He asked quickly, but there was no reaction. Though a couch meant something important. The male was breathing.

Not sure why he hadn’t checked for any sign of life, River start checking the male’s breathing and his heartbeat. They were slow, but slow meant alive.

River quickly looked up at Florean. The blond general stared down at Igor and suddenly stood up. “Bring him back to the camp quickly.” He ordered a few of his soldiers.

River, who had stopped crying when he heard Igor’s couching, began to cry even harder than he had before. Only this time not in sadness but because he was happy to know that Igor could still have a chance.

He quickly whipped away his tears and helped the soldiers to carry Igor back to the camp. Better to fix him before his body really gave out on his injuries.



© 2012 Mirlin


Author's Note

Mirlin
This is a side story of Turintamar. The characters in this fiction aren't written in the story. Yet.

This fiction is not only written by me. It's a fiction a friend of mine and I created, with the idea that I write the story and she draws it into a comic.

English is not my first language and I'm still working on perfecting my grammar!
Also I still need to learn a lot about writing itself.
Help is always welcome! In both language and writing!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is also good, but one thing I do not understand:


Why do you always say "male" or "males" instead of "man" or "men"? Just a little bit of a disturbing thought. Is it something that has to do with the culture of this world?

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 28, 2012
Last Updated on July 8, 2012
Tags: fantasy, angst, dragons, homo-erotic


Author

Mirlin
Mirlin

Netherlands



About
I write for about 6 years now, but I still have A LOT to learn! So please be patient with me! Also I'm one of the slowest writers in existence, sometimes it takes me 5 months to write 1 chapter. Ti.. more..

Writing