Two

Two

A Chapter by MiskaiChan

I fluttered my eyes a few times at the shine of the sun peeking thru a crease of my thin blue curtain. I rolled over and looked at my clock that I specifically placed on my ceiling, for lazy purposes… It’s ten minutes past six. Since our big move which happened approximately 3 months ago i’ve been having trouble sleeping and i’ve also been a bit down in the dumps because of it, my mom has been making me do therapy since then and to be honest I don’t think I need help I just want to be left alone.

I rolled out of my bed and walked into my bedroom, and almost startled myself with my reflection, t.v sure do lie no one wakes up perfect… well at least not me. I took out my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth while strolling back into my bedroom and fixing my bed. “Waw… I wonder how long my room could stay looking this clean.”

I looked at my calendar, I groaned… My first day of school is tomorrow. I wonder what it’ll be like, if it’s anything that I saw on t.v i’m screwed. If I got it right, what everyone aims for is popularity or else you’ll be miserable, but honestly I could give a rats a*s about being popular, my plan for High School is being invisible. I don’t wanna’ be categorized, i’ll be my own category.

I went back into my bathroom and attempted to look human again, I rinsed out my mouth and brushed my short brown hair that never listened to me. I always envied other girls with their long hair and beautiful colored eyes, while my eyes were brown...plain brown and my light complexion. I hated it, but I just stopped caring about my appearance. I threw on a red mini skirt and a white tank top and waltz down the stairs.


“Don’t you look pretty and happy, this morning! How’d you sleep dear?” My mom glanced and smiled at me while making her famous pancakes.


“Morning mom, and Oh please you're my mom you have to say those things, but yes I am in a pretty good mood and I slept like every other night” I said making a face.

“You still don’t believe me when I say your pretty?” she said coming closer to me with pancake batter on her finger, “Your pretty even with pancake on your nose”


“But I don’t have pancake on my nose” I said forcing my eyes to look down on my nose. She smiled and splatted some on my nose.


“You were saying?” She grinned.


I wiped it off with my finger and licked it. I couldn’t help but cringe, it’s raw… Uck. “Mom, you do know I am 16 right? Not six” I always teased her about how old i’m getting but I do love her.


“Oh, Dam! Why do I keep forgetting” She winked.

From since I can remember it has always been just me and my mom through it all, from what I was told my dad left us the day I was born… I guess he got cold feet about raising a child. I’ll never forgive him for leaving my mom to be a single parent and leaving me…

Mom placed three hot pancakes below my chin, handing me the syrup, “Don’t over do it, too much sweet isn’t good you know”


“Yea, Yea. Each time you make pancakes you sing that same song” I teased.


“Oh, what happened last night? You cleaned up and everything, but you made me eat dinner alone.”


“Ah, sorry. I was waiting for you to yell and say dinner was ready but I guess I fell asleep with my music…”


“Again…” she smiled.


“...Yes, again”


We both ate our pancakes and cleaned up after ourselves, and by that I mean I washed all the dishes, she always says that the cook is tired which is fair enough. I told her I was heading out for a bit of fresh air by the lake again, she reminded me about school and how I should come back a decent time to get prepared.




© 2015 MiskaiChan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015


Author

MiskaiChan
MiskaiChan

Brooklyn, NY



About
Hi...i'm 15 and I enjoy writing and creating stories, but sadly I haven't exactly ended any, so they sometimes become extremely long v.v I take criticism only to get better and I hope one day that I c.. more..

Writing
Life Like Life Like

A Book by MiskaiChan


One One

A Chapter by MiskaiChan