The Day That Bryanna Was No Longer Afraid Of Thunderstorms

The Day That Bryanna Was No Longer Afraid Of Thunderstorms

A Story by Gina Laurie Whitford

 

The Day That Bryanna Was No Longer Afraid of Thunderstorms

 

“It’s time for bed Bryanna.” “Ok, mom.”

Bryanna had started getting ready for bed, when the thunderstorm started. She knows there isn’t any reason for her to be scared during a thunderstorm, but she is still afraid.

Whenever she is scared, she goes into her closet and enters another world.

She meets her friend Pixie immediately. Pixie is one of the fairy people who live here. Bryanna was the first human that the fairy people ever trusted. Bryanna has solved many problems for the fairy people, and today would be no different.

“Let’s go to the king, he will explain it the best.” So they go to see the king.

“The evil frog lord is taking over our homes. Do you think you can help us?” “I don’t know, but I will try.” Bryanna starts thinking about how she can help. “Have you tried talking to the frog lord to find out why he is doing this?” “Yes, I have, all he says is that he doesn’t like us and would prefer not to be bothered with us.”

Bryanna went to talk to the evil frog lord. “Why do you want to take over the fairy people’s homes?” He tells her, “I don’t like them, they are not good for anything.” “Well, you don’t know them very well, do you? If they leave, then your forest and valley will lose all of the sweet green moss that you like to eat!” “I do not care, I want them gone!”

Bryanna goes back to the fairy people’s king, with the message from the evil frog lord. The fairy people talk it over, and decide that they will move a little farther up the valley, close to where the cricket people live.

Shortly after the move, the sweet green moss in the frog lord’s kingdom and the area around the kingdom as far as the eye can see started turning brown. The frog lord really didn’t like this at all.

       The fairy people decided that they really liked their new homes. Before long the sweet green moss started growing in a new place in theforest and valley. The cricket people noticed it, and started eating it. They realized that it tasted better than the grass they had been eating.

Someone went to the cricket king and told him about the sweet green moss that mysteriously started growing in their forest and valley. The cricket king thinks it’s a miracle. 

Meanwhile, the frog lord has become very unhappy because the sweet green moss is all gone now. The frog lord ordered his soldiers to find the fairy people. The soldiers found them living in the forest and valley north of their kingdom. An army was assembled to bring the fairy people back to the frog kingdom.

The cricket king got word that the frog king wanted to kidnap the fairy people. He didn’t like that. He assembled an army of his own to fight the frog army.

Bryanna didn’t like the idea that the frogs and crickets were fighting over the fairy people. She came up with an idea. She went to the fairy people’s king and suggested that the fairy people live anywhere in the two kingdoms that they chose. The fairy people’s king liked that idea. Together he and Bryanna went to talk to the other two kings. They all liked the idea. So the agreement was made to let the fairy people live anywhere in the two kingdoms. Some of the fairy people decided they wanted to move back to their old homes.

 

Soon the sweet green moss started growing again in the frog’s kingdom. Everyone was happy now. The frogs, crickets, and the fairy people all started getting along and all lived happily ever after.

“Thank You, Bryanna.”

“You’re welcome, Pixie.”

“Is there anything we can do for you?”

“I came this time because a thunderstorm had started. The thunder and lightning really scare me.”

“I used to get scared too when a thunderstorm started. My dad explained what the thunder and lightning was, and it helped me to not be afraid anymore.”

“What did your dad tell you?”

“First of all, he said, lightning causes thunder. The lightning bolt is so hot that it makes a noise when it goes through the air. Lightning is caused by electrical charges in the clouds and on the earth. They rush toward each other until they meet. This is Mother Nature’s way of keeping the electrical balance between earth and the sky.”

“Thank you, Pixie, I think I will be able handle a thunderstorm without being afraid. I’m going to go home now. Bye Pixie.”                     “Bye, Bryanna, see you later.”

        When Bryanna came out of the closet, the thunderstorm was still going on. She walked over to her window, and looked out. She sighed and spoke out loud, “I will not be afraid anymore of a thunderstorm.”

With that she climbed into her bed and went to sleep.                               

 

 

 

 

 

 

         

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Gina Laurie Whitford


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice work, the dialogue seemed very natural and flowed well. The story kept me interested throughout.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gina Laurie Whitford

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the review, I am glad that you liked it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on April 21, 2008
Last Updated on April 21, 2008

Author

Gina Laurie Whitford
Gina Laurie Whitford

New Bern, NC



About
I have 3 boys, ages 29 and 36. The 29 year olds are twins. My boys' names are Kenny (the oldest), Bryan and Robby (the twins). Robby helped to make me a grandmother to a beautiful, now 9 year old baby.. more..

Writing