The Start . . .

The Start . . .

A Chapter by MistyKarma
"

Prologue to The Shades

"

Her eyes dashed open, revealing the soft grey color behind them. Her heart skipping two beats as she got to her feet and took off down the hallway. All it took was the blood curdling scream to turn her into one of the fastest woman alive. Her heart was thumping in her chest harder with every step she took and her mind focused on one thing. Soon she came to the polished closed door and reached towards the knob to open it.

Locked.

Her worst fears were becoming reality as she pounded on the door and the shouting behind it intensified. She screamed for the recipient to unlock the door yet her screams were drowned out by the shouting and another sound. While she pounded and twisted the knob she put her ear to the door to hear the second sound better. Her heart rising to new highs at the animal like grunting she heard, they owned no pets. She pounded on the door with all her might begging for the door to be unlocked. Suddenly she heard a pound on the other side of the door as the victims screams got louder. The woman began to cry as both forces began to tug on the door and scream at each other. One wishing to get in while the other wanting nothing more than to get out.

Fear could no longer describe what the woman felt at that moment as she began to hurl herself at the door. She ignored the voice in the back of her mind telling her that the door was new and her petite body would do nothing to it. She called out to the voice, telling the person to open the door yet again. Her heart now began to skip beats as the screams grew to those out of a horror movie. She could hear the grunting noises again, sending chill bumps up her body. It felt like a gigantic load was now on her but she refused to let that stop her. The woman froze in her spot, not even letting a single breath escape as she listened.

Silence.

The banging on the other side had stopped. The screams and frightful begging had ceased. The grunting noises had disappeared as well as the tension and chill that surrounded her. The woman screamed to the person on the other side of the door yet heard no response. She reached for the doorknob and slowly turned it, the door finally opening. As quick as it had begun it was over. The woman walked into the room as her eyes widened at the gruesome sight she saw on the walls and even on the door. Her stomach churned, her heart skipped beats, her breath came out in quick gasps, her body shook, and her tears ran steadily down her face. She closed her eyes and turned herself around opening her watery eyes and letting out the loudest and longest scream at the sight that rested in front of her.




© 2013 MistyKarma


Author's Note

MistyKarma
This is more of a prologue which is why it's so short.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your descriptions are beautiful. This was perfect for a prologue. It was mysterious and chilling and makes me want to read more *hint hint*. My only critique is make her more desperate. I don't know about you but if there were rapey noises going on behind the door of someone I loved, I wouldn't just bang on the door, I'd run around the house trying to find something, anything to open the door. I mean she can still fail but play up the desperation.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MistyKarma

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your review that was one thing I was most concerned about the writing, I didn't really.. read more
E/Ǝnigma

10 Years Ago

no problem



Reviews

Your descriptions are beautiful. This was perfect for a prologue. It was mysterious and chilling and makes me want to read more *hint hint*. My only critique is make her more desperate. I don't know about you but if there were rapey noises going on behind the door of someone I loved, I wouldn't just bang on the door, I'd run around the house trying to find something, anything to open the door. I mean she can still fail but play up the desperation.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MistyKarma

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your review that was one thing I was most concerned about the writing, I didn't really.. read more
E/Ǝnigma

10 Years Ago

no problem

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 22, 2013
Last Updated on July 22, 2013
Tags: mystery, suspense, thriller, non-teen, fiction, paranormal, hostile, detective


Author

MistyKarma
MistyKarma

Reality, GA



About
I'm a young aspiring writer that finds refuge in writing and reading. I'm a huge fan of animals and will probably cry for an animal before a human, sad I know. I absolutely love horses and have some a.. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by MistyKarma