Not the Same

Not the Same

A Poem by Mjay55


Everyone aspires something
Anything that will help their individual puzzle piece fit into life's puzzle.

My piece sits atop the puzzle
It has never fit any groove perfectly, it has never felt secure in any one place.

My puzzle piece is free of judgement, and situated where optimism roams freely and that's just how I want it, just how I need it.

Crunching, scrunching, and smashing my piece is unlike the others. It isn't meant to fit into the ordinary spaces which the other worldly people's pieces inhabit. I have come to see my piece is different, it is unique.

Everyone aspires something
But me I just want to live a life where fitting in isn't determined by the fake words I can spit or the ingenuine friendships I can obtain. My piece forever represents a unique girl with different thoughts and promise of an uncertain future. My piece fits in my world.

© 2013 Mjay55


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amen to that. I think you are on to something with your style. Keep it up! =)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like this. You bring across your point, that you will not change for others, that you will be you, and you are proud to be you. Very well written dearie. Nice job :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mjay55

10 Years Ago

I find it touching that you called me dearie haha because I used the term all the time... But yes I .. read more
I love it. Very emotional and real. I like where you seem to be headed with your life. It is nice to see others on the journey of self discovery and not just trying to conform to what everyone else thinks is right.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mjay55

10 Years Ago

Well Ez I greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment... I am trying to figure out myself... A.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 19, 2013
Last Updated on May 19, 2013

Author

Mjay55
Mjay55

PA



Writing
Hometown Hometown

A Poem by Mjay55


Devil's Candy Devil's Candy

A Poem by Mjay55


Euphoria Euphoria

A Poem by Mjay55