Hometown

Hometown

A Poem by Mjay55

You might know my face
I have walked these streets countless nights before.

Broken bottles and litter have become an ambiance of home.

Streetlights scattered, motivation low.

Water sparkles yet it's reflection refuses to camoflouge the reality which unfolds behind it.

Seconds pass but time is now only just a symptom.

The truth of the future slowly seeps in like water droplets into a paper towel... Absorbing until it can no longer hold the moisture...no longer absorb the pain which the future inevitably will surface.

the truth floods in like a bad dream that has been saved for the end of a story...


Here has become a wasteland of unexplored dreams and glazed over souls.
People Living through the grind waiting for death. I call here home.

© 2013 Mjay55


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Super gloomy.

"Water sparkles yet it's reflection refuses to camoflouge the reality which unfolds behind it. "

That line was also super deep. Loved it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a moving piece of writing, which makes me think about the disaster victims of flooding ( presently in India and Canada), so gruellingly sad, the experiences of shock, loss, trauma and post trauma....how fortunate I feel to feel this safe and secure. Thank you Mjay55 for sharing this piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 14, 2013
Last Updated on June 14, 2013

Author

Mjay55
Mjay55

PA



Writing
Devil's Candy Devil's Candy

A Poem by Mjay55


Not the Same Not the Same

A Poem by Mjay55


Euphoria Euphoria

A Poem by Mjay55