Proud

Proud

A Poem by PoeticFury
"

... this is about self respect

"

Title: Proud

By: Joshua Casimier

Date: September 22, 2012


I may not have all the looks, but I have my own appearance and formality.

I may not be the most popular kid on the block who talks about what everyone else does.

Though I have poetry's personality and that in itself says a lot.

I may not have the swag...

I may which I guess like rock is to hip hop have the game down pat and that is sad.

I am proud to dress in what others say is a complete drag while my mean demeanor says stay away, but only a selected few can look into that and know I am glad.


As I observe falling like rain one by one a nerve falls and piles..

Watching the sun fall or shall I say set, and the moon surfaces with a half the darkness seems like it smiles.

I am glad to talk in riddle..

Am I breaking down...

Like a train falling off of its tracks... In a far off land; as I feel what others feel from a far distance.

Though through the words not actions I can hear as if it was all sound. Damn!!!


I am proud to say that for now I am a guest on this earth.

Doing my best to put the needs of others ahead of me while most would put me behind them and someone else.

While me and the higher power go back and forward to remember to know that he wants not worse, but to take care of others, but how could you if you did not keep yourself and himself first.


I am proud to live how I want to live even if no one else agrees.

Like the perfect day...

Leaves falling from the trees... A perfect summer breeze..

I am proud to say that I am living my life trying to figure out all within it.. Trying all these different keys...


I am proud to say that I am at times depress..

Its the keys to me helping others including myself.

A strive for my successes..

Hurting and restraint is something that seems I am really good at..

While others have never cared enough to say hi in their little circle, but get mad when I walk away from it..


Though they want to say turning my back...

This is what I am...

I may talk a lot, but I rather be called

A writer..

A poet..

The guy who has been giving shots, and loses them, but gets them back, yet he does not blow it.

I am proud to call myself gentlemen...

Instead of guys and girls using each other taking everything from each other then calling it a settlement.

I speak for now..

Running words being asked to repeat them and have no idea how...


My words are always together, but never still no traffic jam...

What I see in front of me, and what I see in front of you..

Is know act, and hopefully after hearing this you can say too this is just who I am.





© 2012 PoeticFury


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on September 15, 2012
Last Updated on September 15, 2012
Tags: proud, pride, respect

Author

PoeticFury
PoeticFury

New Orleans, LA



About
Heaven has no fury like a writer with emotion. I love writing more than I love life. Why? Cause writing is my life, and without it I have no life. I enjoy music, and meeting new people. Also like most.. more..

Writing
Black Black

A Poem by PoeticFury