If Shadows Could Talk

If Shadows Could Talk

A Poem by PoeticFury
"

There is two sides to not only every story, but I believe two sides to every person

"
If these shadows could talk I wonder what they would say? 
Maybe they could finally explain to me why they only come out when the sun is bright, but quick to disappear when it goes away.
How can it follow your every move when you constantly try to keep ahead, but if you look closely it copies your words knowing you can't hear them while you are racking your brain trying to process what you think it said.

I never known something to make you guess something that makes you feel like you are being followed by someone else. 
That knows every single thing about you, but when it comes to it or them you can't find anything on it like the one book in the library that is nowhere to be found on the shelf.
Yeah I have plenty of questions with a few suggestions.

I feel like I am going insane.
What is your name what is your motives? How can I get you to stop following me?
How do I find a way to get you to go back from where it is you came?
Although when something is around for so long it makes you feel as if you are not really alone.

I just wonder why you show up at the most darkest times.
Yet you appear in a ray of shine.
Are you here to be my worse enemy?
A genuine friend of mine?
A sense of protection?

You hide on and beneath my skin.
You appear in another form when I look in the mirror.
Maybe its all in my head when I look at my reflection.
If shadows could talk.. 

If they could talk as well as they walk are you the better or worse half of us as human beings.
A combination of angels who are possessed with a little bit of demon that has no body parts, organs, or anything that I have... 
Somehow you still seeing.. 
I guess what I am trying to say is that somehow I welcome you to stay. You have been here all of this time.


You are here for some reason that I cant quite understand, but I am willing to go with it and let it be.. 
I don't know much about you... you know much about me.
Just stand close and don't stand right on my shoulder.
Be the one thing I can look at in the mirror... Its me you are looking for.

If these shadows could talk I feel like you would say that I am the only person that you can truly watch over.

© 2020 PoeticFury


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on February 3, 2020
Last Updated on February 3, 2020
Tags: shadow, darkness, follow, reasons

Author

PoeticFury
PoeticFury

New Orleans, LA



About
Heaven has no fury like a writer with emotion. I love writing more than I love life. Why? Cause writing is my life, and without it I have no life. I enjoy music, and meeting new people. Also like most.. more..

Writing
Black Black

A Poem by PoeticFury