As I Lay Them Down To Sleep (Sarah & Alexander's Bedtime Story)

As I Lay Them Down To Sleep (Sarah & Alexander's Bedtime Story)

A Poem by PoeticFury
"

We all need to hear words before we go to sleep

"

As I lay your heads on a pillow I will tell you that both of you were the best thing that can ever happen to me.

From the time you came out the wound to the time when I question if I am ready for this, but I want you to not only know, but be able to see.

That the smile of a child to a parent can be the one thing that can set someone free.

To let your minds be relaxed enough to not worry about the hard things in life.

Due to the fact that my farther will always be here, and protect me.

Cause they say that a true child looks up to their parent.

Though that is apparent I look up to you two too.

You guys remind me to be strong, and show me in order to make it in this world you have to get through the hardships of life, and that is the only thing that a person to do.

My dearest Sarah you know I thought about name youSerenity, but I told your mom that I wanted people to know who you are at the same time to keep that unique identity, but you are a queen.

Alexander the second man the commander you sometime do alot of fussing and I know there is alot more to come, but without you looking after your sister I know that this world would try to chew her out more, so I depend on you, and will depend on you my son.

I want you to know that you two nothing will come before you, no matter what.

Every ounce of sweat.

Every word....

Everyaccolade.

I can always say and answer, and know why I did, it or for that matter know for what.

Every tear.

Every cut..

It's for you.

If life hands me a date wanting to take me away from you I will go dutch.

So as I turn on this device.

Know when the time comes for anything play nice.

Yet be mean well.

This story you can pass on to your kids one day, and to them you can tell.

So for now rock and lay in your cradle, and crib.

Drool and try to speak

Without ad lib

Plus if you decide to cry I am not far away nor far from behind.

Sleep and if you can don't try toreminisce .

I love you both.

Cause as a baby the one thing I only ask of you is to remain innocent.

.....Goodnight.


UnbornChildren.jpg

© 2011 PoeticFury


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on April 15, 2011
Last Updated on April 15, 2011

Author

PoeticFury
PoeticFury

New Orleans, LA



About
Heaven has no fury like a writer with emotion. I love writing more than I love life. Why? Cause writing is my life, and without it I have no life. I enjoy music, and meeting new people. Also like most.. more..

Writing
Black Black

A Poem by PoeticFury