Red Waves

Red Waves

A Chapter by Monty Pylon

"North, we got a job, big one at that." A small man in jeans and a vest with no hair and spade tattooed on his neck yelled through the old warehouse.


"North get done here, North!" He yelled again.


"I'm here, I'm here, calm your s**t. Now what's this 'bout a job?" A fairly tall man walked down the spiral stair case of the warehouse. A tattoo of an intricate sun with a devious smile and face on the ball at the back of his neck. A long scar starting at the left corner of his mouth and ending at his Adams apple. His face full of dark brown scruff and messy equal colored hair, and amber eyes.

He walked down to the small separate sitting room. The room in questions walls covered in various marked maps, pictures and documents, and random files and transaction sheets.


"Finally, you'd been out for almost 12 hours, you got to cut drinkin' so hard." The bald man spoke in an almost scolding tone.

"Yeah, yeah, I got it Sandy, just tell me the job."

"Uh huh, sure. Anyway, the job, it's from some big wigs over in the feudal era." Sandy spoke while reading the jobs details.

"England? Don't think we've gotten a job from Brits before, have we?"

"Nope, gotten 'em from Scotland, Australia, France, Russia, and I think Spain. Never England though, or the Netherlands for that matter." Sandy spoke in a quizzical voice.

"Have to change that now wont we? Anyway, continue."

"Yeah, some group of business types want us to steal a boat, more specifically, a yacht, from Port De Maria, a privately owned and operated rich man dock in the wealthier part of Miami." Sandy spoke reading of the details.

"Wait, Miami, as in, Florida?" North Questioned.

"No Miami Canada, f*****g  moron." Sandy said sarcastically.

"Shut it, I was just surprised, why would some Tea drinkers need a  richy rich's boat from Florida?" North questioned.

"In our line of work we don't ask questions, now be quiet and listen." Sandy said and stared back down at the papers." They want us to take the boat with the named "Santega" , and bring it to the port in Blackwell , England within 12 days within accepting the job. We are to then go to this buildings address and finish up with the details and collect pay."

Sandy then handed North the address's and pictures of the boat.


"What's the payment look like?" North questioned looking at the pictures of the luxurious yacht.

"Seven hundred G's." Sandy said, eyes widening at the amount.

"Seven hundred thousand!?" North nearly yelled, not believing the amount himself. "We're just stealing a boat!"

"Well according to this, they say that it's to pay each person equally." Sandy said.

"Is this really such a big job that they think we need more people?" North asked.

"Obviously they're cautious, so it's best to take the hidden advice. So that's what, five more people for it to be a hundred grand per person?"

"Yeah, Sandy get me the files on all the guys that can help or you recommended, and call the Queens men to tell 'em we'll take the job. I'm gonna go call Hook and setup a 'business meeting'."

"On it." Sandy said simply and pulled out his cell phone and dialed the number.

"Yeah, it's the workers, we take the job. Twelve days starting now? Got it." With that Sandy hung up and went to look up all people that could help.


North went into the next room and dialed with his cell. "Hey, Hook, it's North,  listen I need to set up a business meeting. What type? The IRS type. Yeah, uhhh, how 'bout 4 days? 12:30 good? Alright, I'll be there, oh and they'll be six of us. Got it, see you then."

North hung up and went into the large stainless steel kitchen, and opened the fridge and grabbed a glass, filling it with orange juice and vodka from the island. He walked back into the working room taking a sip every now and then.

"You call the Brits yet?" North asked walking next to Sandy, who was sitting looking over the various mercenaries applications.

"Yeah, it's all set up, twelve days starting a few minutes ago. What Hook say about the meeting?"

"Good to go, four days at 12:30, IRS meeting for six. Oh, and can you make a list of some of the essentials we'll need after we get the plan squared away after we get the guys. Speaking of which, you got the files.?"

"Yeah, I can get you a list after, and here you go." Sandy said handing the ten files to North. He took then and sat at the table in the den. He opened the first one.


Name-Golf

Age-32

Race-Caucasian

Gender- Male

Expertise-Heavy Weapons, engineer.

Nationality-Scottish

Business years-7


"Alright Sandy, call this guy, he'll do just fine." North told Sandy, whom nodded and took the file. North opened the next file.


Name-Cherokee

Age-28

Race-African

Gender- Male

Expertise- Demolitions, medic, close range.

Nationality- Australian

Business years- 5


North put the file to the side and Sandy reached back from his spot at the computer and grabbed the folder. North continued to the next one.

 

Name- Cactus

Age- 38

Race- Hispanic

Gender- Male

Expertise- Long range, driver, pilot.

Nationality- Spanish

Business years- 9


North moved that one to the side and Sandy once again took it. North continued to the next one and quickly read through. He closed it and tossed it in the trash. He went to the next one and read it.


Name-Tiny Ice

'Not the name I would've chosen.' North thought.

Age-35

Race- Caucasian

Gender- Male

Expertise-Mid-range, close combat, engineer.

Nationality-Russian

Business year - 6


North did the same with the others and left it for Sandy. He opened the next and read through it, and threw that one away. He opened the next few but threw those away as well. They all only had one or two years. Though pretty common, because most don't live past 5 years as a merc. Which surprised North because for quite a few of the applications their business years were 5-9 , which are considered veterans in the merc line of work.

North opened up the last file and hoped for something good.


Name- Cast

Age- 28

Race- Caucasian

Gender- Female

Expertise- Stealth, close range, driver.

Nationality- French

Business years- 8


'Can't wait to see what she looks like.' North thought casually, since none of the files included photos. He put it aside for Sandy, who immediately picked it up. North drank the last bit of juice and put the glass down.

"How's it coming Sandy?" North asked looking at the computer screen from behind him.

"I just got done with the 'Tiny Ice' guy. What a weird f*****g name. But I still gotta call this last one, then we should be all set." Sandy said reading the contact information for the last merc.

"Weird name is right." North replied. He picked up the job file and read through the details quickly before Sandy hung up.

"Alright, everybody is set to go. They all agreed to the price and job, though they still need the details. Each one has our address and should be arriving within two days. Until then, you need to pack up for the flight in three hours." Sandy said.

"You already got the tickets?" North spoke confused.


"I got the tickets, fake id's and papers for all of you. I also got reservations for each one you at different hotels, at max 3 blocks away. Also got different car rental reservations for all of you. I know some guys at each place that will sweep your room whenever you're out to make sure no bugs or cameras are placed. Here give these to each when you meet them at the spot. Also, the meeting place is an old shoe factory/ warehouse an old friend bought at auction. There will be everything you need to start planning, I will be telecommuting, as always."


"All that?" North questioned, astonished, which quickly turned into a smile. He clamped a hand on Sandy's shoulder. "You are the best Sandy, thanks man."

"Yeah yeah, just go get ready." Sandy said with a smile


© 2014 Monty Pylon


Author's Note

Monty Pylon
Haven't written for a while. Please review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

124 Views
Added on July 16, 2014
Last Updated on July 16, 2014


Author

Monty Pylon
Monty Pylon

Colorado Springs, CO



About
Always had a love for reading and writing, it's the function of writing that gets me. But always had these ideas and writings the only way for me to get them out. I usually only right short stories ca.. more..

Writing