Red Waves, ch.2

Red Waves, ch.2

A Chapter by Monty Pylon

North walked back up the spiral staircase and opened the door to his room and walked in, closing the door behind him. The room was fairly large, looking like it belonged in a four star hotel more than anything. He went into the walk in closet and turned the light on. He grabbed the large duffel bag from the top shelf and put it on his bed. He grabbed some dress shirts and slacks, button ups and other items. He grabbed the black suit jackets and matching pants and put them into the suit bag and then grabbed a bright blue satin tie. He took a black dress shirt and put that in the bag as well as the tie. He folded the bag up into the suit case and grabbed some more essentials and stashed them into the duffel bag.

He put on a dark blue button up and black slacks and a steel watch on his left  wrist.

Before walking out he went to his night stand and took out a pair of black leather gloves and stashed them in the duffel bag.

He walked back down the spiral staircase to where Sandy sat.

"North, here's the tickets, paperwork for everyone, reservations, id's, the whole shi-bang.  Got the meeting place and address?" Sandy asked.

"Yeah got everything in my wallet." North pulled out his wallet to show him.

"Good, I got a cab waiting, now get going." Sandy said, pointing to the front door.

"See you in Miami!" North said jokingly as he walked out the door and into the cab.

 

 

 

 

North stepped out of the hallway attached to the plane  and into Miami International Airport. Hundreds of people running and walking. Many in business suits and such. North walked past the large group waiting for everyone to get off the plane. He continued through and up a few escalators until he got to the main level. He walked through the hordes of people and into the street.

'Hotter than the nine hells out here.' North thought pulling out a pair of sunglasses and putting them on. He found an empty cab and got in.

"Where to?" The large man said in a thick Cuban accent.

North pulled out his wallet and with it the paper with the address. "Here please." North spoke, giving the paper to the driver.

"Got it." He said and started driving.

 

 

They got to the old deserted factory/ warehouse and North got out, paying the drover the allotted money. North turned around as the cabbie drove away and opened the large heavy doors. He walked in and in the center of the building was a large wooden table with a map of the Port De Maria. The area where the table was, was surrounded by monitors, computers and boards with several peoples pictures, names and information. Large overhead lights lit the area up. On a small table to the side was a phone plugged into a nearby socket.

He turned around at the sound of the heavy doors opening. There looking around was a large muscular man in a black tank top and jeans, with a duffel bag, much like Norths, slung over his shoulder. He had a dark horseshoe moustache and square jaw. The black Ivy hat and silver cross hanging around his neck made him look somehow angry.


The man continued to look around until his green eyes landed on North. He had an odd smile on his face and walked up to North, hand extended.

"Man on 'deh tele' told me there be moe', name's Golf." He spoke in a thick Scottish accent.

"I can tell, name's  North." He grabbed Golfs extended hand and gave it a strong shake, which Golf returned in equal.

"So, you another worker?" Golf asked still looking around.

"Yep, except I'm in charge of this little operation." North said looking down at the Port map.

"Well then, it's good to see that man dat'll be watchin' me arse." Golf spoke looking the man over.

"Same here, oh, before I forget, here." North took out Golfs papers and handed them to him.

"These papers have your fake identity, hotel and rental car reservations and locations. All papers and information needed in there. Also about five grand cash." North told him still looking at the Port map.

"Five Thousand? Already, haven't even done notin'." Golf spoke surprised.


"Well, it's five thousand American, but yeah, the employers gave us a little deal sweetener to start off, so we'd take the job,. It was enough for five thousand per person." North informed him.

"How many of us are there anyhow?" Golf asked.

"Four more that should be arriving sometime today or tomorrow. We also got the tech guy who helps plan everything and helps us not get caught, but he's in San Francisco." North said.

"Well, what'll we do 'til then?" Golf asked North, now looking at the profiles of the different people.

"Why don't you go check in to your hotel, and get the car we got all reserved. Oh and take this cell phone, I'll call when n were all in town. Numbers already in there, so just give me a ring if you need something." North said tossing Golf a small red cell phone.

"Ey."  Golf said give North a small wave and walking out the building.

 

 

 

A few hours after North had checked into his hotel and got his rental car, which turned out to be a blue Porsche, go Sandy, he was back at the warehouse.

He was looking over the map again, and all the vantage points for over watch when the door once again creaked open. In walked a tall skinny man in a light gray open suit and white dress shirt. He walked in with a certain confidence. His jet black hard slicked back and shinning in the artificial light of the warehouse. His neatly trimmed mustache and small goatee seeming to do the same as his hair in reflecting the light. His brown eyes stared directly at North, his steps and the thudding of the black suitcase he held over his shoulder the only sounds in the warehouse. The hand that held the suit case over his shoulder brought Norths attention to the gold chain with a gold key dangling around it. The man stepped into the middle of the building and put down the suitcase. His tan skin almost seeming to glow in the light.

"You must be Cactus." North said, remembering his race on the file.

"Yes, and might I ask who you are." Cactus asked in a smooth Spanish accent.

"North, I'm the one who'll be in charge of this mission." He spoke extending his hand much life Golf.


"Of course you are." He said almost arrogantly and tentatively shook his hand. "I wouldn't be wrong to assume you have accommodations for me and, the rest?" He said, a perfectly trimmed eyebrow raised.

"You  would not." North said handing him the reservations papers and information's." Here is your hotels address, reservations papers, along with car rental papers, id, and information. Also, five grand cash, thanks to our employer, and a cell phone, when everybody is here I will call you. My number is already in there, so call if you need something." North said handing him everything.

"Much more professional than I thought upon seeing you." Cactus said looking North over once more.

North simply gave him a smirk and turned back to study the vantage points, with Cactus getting his implied hint and walking out to go find his hotel.

A few hours later North finally found most vantage points. He checked his watch. 12:09 am.


'S**t.' North thought, the earliest flight was supposed to come in at 9:30am and he needed to be there to give him everything. He marked the pints one last time on turned the lights of and walked out, locking the large door behind him. He unlocked his rental Porsche and got it, starting it up. He drove the fifteen minutes to his hotel, and stopped letting his valet parking it and took his ticket. He walked in and took the elevator to his hotel room and unlocked it, walking into the room that was much like his room at home. He took a quick shower and did his nightly routine before sleeping.

He woke at around 9am.

'S**t, I'm gonna be late'. North thought frantically and quickly got dressed in a blue t shirt and gray shorts, putting on his watch and grabbing his wallet and sunglasses and put on some black dress shoes and ran out, down the elevator and gave his ticket to the valet. He got his car and sped to the warehouse. He made it in 10 minutes. He quickly sped into the broken parking lot and got out. He speed walked to the door to see a large dark skinned man in a green shirt with a pocket on the front, also in a pair of jeans and dirty brown work boots. The most eye catching quality was his Mohawk in the form of dreadlocks. He turned around at the sound of North running.

North stopped in front of the man and took a good look at him. He had a long face and almost square nose, and oval sunglasses adorning his face.

"Oy, you the one in charge 'ere?" He questioned, a deep, Australian accent evident.

"Names North, yeah that's me, sorry for being late, had to stay back and, uh, figure out some vantage points." North said, lying awkwardly.

"Hmm, names Cherokee, you 'probly know that though." Cherokee said, looking over North.


"Yeah, anyway, take this paperwork, reservations, addresses, money and a cell phone, I'll call you when everyone's here. Numbers in too just in case. But, we have a meeting today, so come on in, I'll show you around." North said handing Cherokee the papers and phone, then unlocking the door.

"Thanks mate, now what's this 'bout a meetin'?" Cherokee questioned looking over the paper s and following North.

"We can't do this without weapons and ways to hide our identities, now can we? You did bring a nice suit didn't you?" North asked turning the lights on.

"Not a suit exactly, but it's the best I got." Cherokee spoke, looking over their temporary mission HQ.

"It'll do, anyway, the meeting to get all materials we need, its gonna be after the last two people get here, so we can make a plan, get locations and each one of yours separate duty." North spoke, not noticing the door opening.

"Make that one more ." A sweet French accent rung through the large warehouse and hit the ears of both occupants at the table. They both turned to look at a tall, fit woman in a white t-shirt and jeans. Black boat shoes and a gold pinky ring, thumb ring, and middle finger ring, each one with a sapphire, adorning her hands. Her long black hair was kept up in a messy bun, revealing a beautiful face and tattoo of a panther starting next to her right eye and looking like it was prowling up her face to above her eyebrow. This being only one of many. Her entire left arm was covered in different marking, from the French anthem, to the classic tribal going up her forearm ending at a blue rose then was made to look like the shoulder flesh was torn and underneath was the large rose. Many other designs adorned her arm, from a hung Saddam Hussein , to a pinup mermaid on the top of her hand to many other designs.

The best, at least to North, was the cartoonish letters b, a, n, and g, each one a different finger.


"Well look at this, two strong, handsome men just to greet little 'ol me." She said sarcastically. Her French accent wringing in the large building.

A large smile grew on Cherokees face."Only the best for a woman as beautiful as you." He said, his Australian accent also wringing.

"Oh, and Aussie, I should have guessed as much, so big and strong." Cast said walking up to Cherokee and running a seemingly delicate finger down his chest. Cherokees smile grew and he opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by a loud fake cough. Both him and cast looked back, Cherokee turning his head and Cast stepping to the side so she could see who interrupted their little 'conversation'. Her eyes fell on the tall muscular form of North. The amber eyes and long scar going from lower face to throat catching her attention.

A smirk graced  her face as she walked towards North, giving her hips a little extra sway.


"And just who are you?" She asked, smirk still evident, eyeing North up like a piece of meat to a panther.

"I'm the one in charge of this little get together." He said looking into her greenish blue eyes."North." He said extending his hand.

"North? Interesting, very, interesting." She said having shook his hand, and now eyeing him up once again."Cast." She said still looking him over.

"Guessed right." He said to himself.

"Listen these are the papers, addresses, numbers and cash, along with a cell in case you need to call me, numbers already in there." He said giving her everything she needed.


"Anytime I need you?" She said, almost purring.

"Anytime you need help with something relating to the job." He stated still looking into her eyes.

"Aw, you no fun." She stated with a fake pout.

"Listen, the last guy she be hear with the hour, so you two stay here with me and I'll call the rest to get here. Then we can discuss the details." North spoke, wanting to get right to business.

"I love a man that can take charge." Cast spoke after he finished, standing behind him running a hand over his shoulder. He looked back at her for a few seconds before simply walking away. "Make sure all your guys paper work is there in the envelope I gave you." North spoke sitting down in the desk chair by the table.

"Love a man that can take charge." Cast spoke again, this time under her breath so no one could hear.


Within twenty minutes the people to show up before, Golf and Cactus showed up, greeting and talking with the people they'd be working with for the next two weeks. Cast flirted with both men, and tried to flirt with North again, who barely responded and continued on. Cactus was the only one who actively hit on her. The rest having established relationships. All except North and Cactus. Golf was married, 3 years, and Cherokee a girlfriend. North knew Ice was married as well, 6 years. He didn't know why someone would marry a guy who called himself Tiny Ice. Almost like he's implying something.


North himself didn't have a relationship because, well, he was a merc, he was wanted, his last apartment had been fire bombed when he wasn't home. If he had a wife or child or girlfriend at home then, they would be in an urn on his mantle. His job was just too dangerous. Yeah, he had relationships prior. But the last relationship he had, had ended when she was put in a shipping container and dropped from a helicopter into the ocean. All because North sabotaged some writers s****y play on opening day.

Of course he planned on retiring and having a wife, and kids, and having a  full blown family, but that wouldn't be until he quits, loses a limb, or is forced to change profession or retire.


His musings were interrupted as the door opened. A giant of a man. He had to b 6'10, maybe 6'11. Big, bulky, and large thick mutton chops connecting into a thick mustache on his strong hard face. He continued to walk in with a large nap sack on his back. A black vest covering his large chest, but nothing under it. Old worn, black slacks on his legs and heavy brown work boots. A tattoo of a grizzly bear bench-pressing  the titanic on his giant left bicep.

His arms and hands were covered in dark hair, from a distance, it might seem like he was wearing a coat or jacket. His small, almost beady eyes, which seemed black in color were drilling in Norths own amber ones.

"Who's in charge." His voice boomed in the warehouse, his voice sounding even bigger. His level of it deep, almost impossibly deep, and gravely. The Russian accent almost too thick to the point of not understanding his words.

"That would be me, names North." He said evenly, extending his hand.

"I am Tiny Ice, it is pleasure." He spoke in a kind, happy tone, surprising all in the room. He reached down and shook his hand, the giant mitt almost engulfing Norths own.

"Well now that we're all here, why don't you go meet the others and we can get started.

"Of course." He said and turned around to meet his other team members.

 



© 2014 Monty Pylon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on July 17, 2014
Last Updated on July 17, 2014


Author

Monty Pylon
Monty Pylon

Colorado Springs, CO



About
Always had a love for reading and writing, it's the function of writing that gets me. But always had these ideas and writings the only way for me to get them out. I usually only right short stories ca.. more..

Writing
Red Waves Red Waves

A Chapter by Monty Pylon