The Proposition

The Proposition

A Chapter by Morag

As long as I can remember I have had problems with the supernatural, it’s not just me; my entire family has been tapped into the unknown known as far back as my great, great aunt who was a witch that struck panic and fear all throughout my quaint little town almost a century ago. Every person that is in my family has had some sort of power, unlike the others however I’m supersensitive to it in such a way that I possess all of the powers; I can see it, feel it, and hear it, this may not sound like much of a feat but it isn’t all I can do. I have premonitions, visions of things that are going to happen, these things are some time relevant to me or those around me and sometimes just random events around my small town or even the world; one of the most important rules however is that I must not try to change what I see, this is the burden I bear with my third sight. I can also read auras, auras are little known about rays of light that emanate around every person, they are all sorts of different colors that are directly prevalent to a person’s personality. There are other things I can do as well but they are much less important and certainly not worth wasting time going into.

                As a child growing up my ability to see, feel, and hear the other side was always a burden on me, it made me feel as if I was a freak, simply a pig thrown in amongst the sheep. The other side was always aware of the fact that I knew of their presence and they weren’t shy about making me know they were there, I could hear them screaming night and day, fighting, but most of all I could hear them whisper to me trying to get me to come with them, to aid them in some sort of job. I always chose to avoid them, pretend they weren’t there, but it wasn’t of any use. I learned to stick to myself I didn’t have friends and I barely even had acquaintances, when it came time for college I went online and got a job to support it working as a from home- telemarketer. I rented out a tiny apartment in a shady side of town where everybody minds their own business and I stay in my shell. It’s nice here. It’s safe. At least until about 13 months ago, that’s when the visits started, every night the same thing over and over. The last night I heard a glass fly off of my dresser and smash into the wall across the room, I sat up quickly in my bed, although I knew what was happening I figured to be safe rather than sorry and scanned my room, the criminals in this neighborhood seemed to get the sense that they themselves should avoid me, but still to avoid getting put in a mental asylum I would never admit to a living soul that I was hoping to find some shady stranger standing in my corner with the hopes of robbing my poorly furnished apartment.

                As I slowly looked around the room my hopes faded, nobody visible was there, so I lay back down on my bed and held my breath praying that this would be different from the other nights. I heard shallow quite breathing coming towards me and knew what was about to happen, I felt a sudden rush of cold envelope me and bursts of cold breath in my ear as he sat there inches away from me ready to make yet another proposition. Some would rationalize these constant visits as a result of an overworked, overstressed mind but I know better. People attempt to rationalize these things so they can stick to their safe worlds and not have to face what is really out there, they tell their children not to worry, there are no monsters, no evil. It’s all just fears and bed time stories; still they know in the back of their mind that they are wrong, there is an entire world that they have never even thought to touch just lurking in the shadows of their apple pie homes. I wish I had that luxury to be so ignorant, however I do not which is just proven again by the fact that I have realized that I can no longer move or feel anything except fear. This is different from the other nights and as I attempt to search the room for auras I can tell that this is also a different demon from the other nights, after a few seconds of reading his aura however I’m locked out by some invisible wall. In the few seconds I invaded into his space though I noticed one thing, there was nothing I could say to this demon that would cause him to leave this world without taking me with him tonight. Tonight would be the night that I was forced to say yes.

                “Let me guess,” I said “Same as every other night right?” I had grown accustomed to the voice that spoke to me every night so whenever this demon spoke to simply say the word “no” it spent chills up my spine, not because of how different it was from my normal visitor, but because there was no emotion in this voice other than cruel sadism and utter hatred. “Really, then what’s the game tonight, what’s the new proposition?” I tried to keep my voice level and not show my fear but I know that it was a failure as I heard him softly chuckle as if he could smell the fear on me like a dog.

                “The proposition still stands; I’m just not going to let you say no.” It was as I suspected, this demon was sent as their reinforcement, whoever wanted me was tired of waiting and sent his main bloodhound to come and retrieve his hunt.

                As I mulled his words over in my head I only had one response but wasn’t sure how to phrase it, before I could however I heard cruel laughter as I felt his presence fade away, it was as if he read my mind when I thought that there wasn’t a way he could make me say yes. I didn’t need to contemplate long before I decided it was time to get the hell out of dodge, I jumped out of bed and started running to the front door before I could reach it however I saw a massive man step out from behind the wall and grab me from behind, I could tell that this was the same demon that had just left my room.

                “You will say yes, or you will perish to the depths of hell and we will use your spirit as we please, I will tell you this however should I resort to having to kill you and everyone of your family members and anyone that has ever extended you a helping hand will shortly follow you, you can watch their misery as they burn in fire for the rest of eternity!” As he finished his speech it sunk into my head that this demon seriously had no qualms about following through on his threat, so to avoid the massive slaughter I simply bowed my head in defeat and gave him one simple nod, after which I felt a large darkness sweep over me as the ground broke away and I was falling into a large dark abyss.  The fall seemed to last an eternity and I was positive that as I focused on the wall I was seeing bits of fire creeping down the wall, this was the decent to hell and apparently I had booked a one way ticket down. 



© 2016 Morag


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on January 11, 2016
Last Updated on January 11, 2016


Author

Morag
Morag

AR



Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Morag


The Meeting The Meeting

A Chapter by Morag


The Deal The Deal

A Book by Morag