The Meeting

The Meeting

A Chapter by Morag

I suddenly landed on a solid floor the room was dark aside from a single candle about 15 feet up on the wall, as my eyes adjusted to the different lighting I heard a noise above me and saw that where the ceiling had broken away to allow my decent was slowly repairing itself. I finally realized the features of the room I was in, as I looked around frantically I saw that there was no door, no windows, nothing but smooth circle wall. I was trapped.

                After many failed attempts at breaking through the walls my shoulder was on fire, my knuckles were raw meat, and my mind was done for, I decided that I needed to be prepared for whatever was to come so I lay back on the floor to mentally prepare for the unknown, as soon as I hit the floor however I heard a sound that was so loud it shook the entire room around me and in no time the huge wall came crashing down. I looked around quickly and realized that there didn’t appear to be anybody there so I decided to attempt my escape even thought I wasn’t exactly sure where I was going to escape to.

                “Where do you think you’re going?” It was the voice of the demon from my apartment yet again, I stood there trying to figure out where the voice was coming from it sounded as if it was everywhere and nowhere. I decided that it was time for me to attempt to muster up at least a little courage and said, “You things harass me for months, you come in my home kidnap me and bring me to this godforsaken place, then you just throw me in a hole do you really expect me to stay?”

                I sat there for a while until I finally heard his eerie voice again, “Silly child, you have no choice. You cannot run or hide, I can see inside your mind and I know where you will go, I know what you think, and most certainly my favorite I know what you fear.” In that instant the voice faded away and I heard a rustling to the right of me, I turned just in time to see a horde of spiders emerging out of thin air and rushing towards me. I jumped away from them as quickly as I could and out of the corner of my eye I saw a tall figure standing on the other side of me blocking my exit; I was faced with two choices, face one of my biggest fear or dive into the unknown. I decided the unknown was the safer option. As I dove into the figure I noticed that it had the same aura as the demon that used to visit me in my room, but just as quickly as this familiar comfort came to me it was stripped away as I fell yet again into an abyss. The fall was much quicker this time before I finally found myself being carried by an unknown entity through a passageway lined with torches and rocks that appeared at first glance as marble but the closer I looked I wasn’t sure. I had no idea how I ended up in the passageway but then again how did I end up in this place at all? It was like the world that I knew had all crumbled away and left me with nothing but a new fresh hell. If this was hell though where was the fire, the brimstone, the suffering, and the lost souls? I didn’t get any answers to my questions before we reached a large door lined with metal locks, at first I wondered what these things would have that they needed to keep anybody from getting in this room but I realized all too late that the locks were to keep me from getting out.

                I looked around this new room I had been thrown into and found that it was not entirely empty though it wasn’t quite occupied either. The room had the same smooth white walls as the passageway but no torches, in fact looking up I was entirely surprised to see fluorescent lights hanging from the ceiling. The objects in the room were nothing more than a massive black chair that strongly resembled a throne in a king’s chambers, a table made of the same material as the walls, and an empty bookshelf. It seemed like nobody would be coming in to fetch me anytime soon so I simply lay back yet again to meditate on things.

                                Alisa six years old (flashback)

                “Hi Mr. Jenkins,” my mother was washing dishes while I was at the kitchen table, she stopped abruptly and the plate she was drying dropped to the floor and shattered everywhere. She had spent the last eighteen months hoping and praying to never hear her daughter say those words again. “Oh, so Mr. Jenkins is back Alisa?” mother could barely ask this without her voice breaking I knew she didn’t like it when I talked to Mr. Jenkins, so I silently waved to the old man in the black suit sitting across from me at the table as he got up and walked away. After reiterating to my mother numerous times that Mr. Jenkins wasn’t there my mother said “Alisa please do not talk as if he is here then, I thought that we had finally agreed that he was nothing more than a figment of your imagination, he is not real Alisa, he never was.”  “I know mommy.” I replied sheepishly, I knew Mr. Jenkins was real even if no one else could see him and I also knew that I must not lie but my mother was always so upset any time I said Mr. Jenkins made and appearance ever since he accidentally left scratches all over me. I heard a noise, a loud bang, I turned to see if my mother was going to investigate but she seemed as though she hadn’t heard it. I turned around to go back to coloring and saw Mr. Jenkins standing in the doorway, instead of looking kind and ready to play though he looked like he was in pain or very angry. I wondered if I had done something to upset my playmate but then I realized he wasn’t looking at me but walking towards my mother slowly as a predator stalking his prey. I screamed as he lunged towards my mother, as soon as she looked up I could tell she knew now that Mr. Jenkins was very real, I just sat there helpless, screaming as my best friend hurt my mother, I started throwing things and finally Mr. Jenkins vanished. I ran to mother who was lying on the floor unconscious, grabbed the phone, and dialed 911. At a lack of knowing what to say to the police I simply said a man came in the house beat up my mother and left, which wasn’t exactly lying.

                I jerked myself awake from the night mare I had experienced repeatedly y times since the day my mother was attacked, I always felt responsible for what had happened to my mother; had I listened to my parents or the string of therapists I visited and attempted to block him out maybe my mother may have had a chance. Sixteen years later and I’m still always wary, always looking over my shoulder, always watching for the return of my childhood playmate. I got up and started pacing the room, trying to find some way to soothe my racing mind, I knew that attempting to escape from this room would be useless and I needed to save my energy for whatever was to come. After waiting, walking in circles around the room, switching between sitting in the floor and on the throne, and more waiting, I heard the tumblers in the locks on the door slowly moving. The doors swung open and in walked probably one of the most handsome men I had ever seen; he had shoulder length black hair, a tall lean muscular body, and deep blue eyes. He could have easily been a male model or anything else he wanted, as they say there isn’t a door in the world beauty can’t open, so why, I must wonder, is such an ordinarily extraordinary man in such a horrible place? I closed my eyes to look at him not with my eyesight but with my mind and realized a horrifying fact, this was the demon that had abducted me and he was standing there not three feet away with and oddly humored look in his eyes.

                “Hello Alisa.” The two simple words sent shivers down my spine that made me stumble so far back that I tripped on the table and landed on my a*s on the floor, if it weren’t for the simple fact that this man might be considering taking away my life falling in front of him would have been a rather embarrassing thing. In one swift motion he picked me up and carried me over to the throne and sat me on the throne quickly pulling up the table and sitting directly in front of me so I had no chance of escape. Even at my slightly elevated position he was still a good four inches higher than me due to his towering height, I don’t know what I expect though when I really think about it and compare us. I’m barely breaching 5’5 and 120 pounds and probably look like one of the least threatening people in the world; granted even I will admit that with my dirty blonde hair that falls to the middle of my back, my dark jade eyes, my slim waistline, and don’t even get me started on my breasts I’m quite a thing to look at. Still yet this man is well over a foot taller than me I’d guess somewhere around 6’6 or 6’7 and has at least a hundred pounds on me that is filled up with chiseled muscles. He is simply stunning, strong, and I have no doubt that should I try to run he would have no problems in grabbing me by the back of the shirt picking me up and then beating me to death.

                He stared at me and started laughing before I finally got the nerve to speak; “You’ve got me here, now please tell me what you want.” A smile crossed his face he looked at me and said, “Alisa dear, you already know what we want, we’ve made you the same proposition every night for the past 8 months.” He got up and walked around the back of the chair pushing me farther back into it by use of my shoulders before continuing, “We simply want your unwavering servitude, we want you to use your powers to help us obtain the things we need,” as he said his sentence he walked around the front of the chair placing his hands on either side of me, as he finished his next few words and was no more than three inches from my face, “My goal now, is to make you say yes.”

                He picked me up from the chair, sat down, and then sat me in his lap; it was quite an odd sensation to be so close to someone that I knew without a doubt wanted nothing more than to kill me…..or did he? He wasn’t harsh in his words or movements anymore but I also speculated that it was simply because there was no way for me to plausibly resist him now. He jolted me from my train of thought by speaking, “Alisa you could have anything in this world you wanted, you could rise up in our ranks and be revered not as our captive but as our hero no our goddess, you could save everyone of your family members from their inevitable demises, but most importantly you could obtain your revenge on Rufus Jenkins.” This last phrase had me dumbstruck, Rufus Jenkins? My old playmate? He was dead wasn’t he? How was I supposed to make a spirit pay for his grievous actions? Whatever the case was this demon had my cooperation now, I just had to know one more thing.

                Barely an audible whisper the only thing I could say was “What is your name?” He laughed, it was an odd noise to hear, it sounded entirely genuine and not like it had any animosity, it was a smooth laughter like honey, and as he laughed I nearly fell off his lap; partially because he was laughing so hard and partially because I was so dumbstruck by the sound of his laugh. He finally responded, “I have many names; Volx, Polis, Crion, the list is endless, you however may call me by this body’s name as I figure it is much less foreign to you, you may call me Alex.” He stood me up in the floor and then he stood up in front of me and looked me in the eye and said, “As for how you can make Rufus pay, as I’m sure this is your dominant concern, well that is up to you. Come with me.” 



© 2016 Morag


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on January 12, 2016
Last Updated on January 12, 2016


Author

Morag
Morag

AR



Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Morag


The Proposition The Proposition

A Chapter by Morag


The Deal The Deal

A Book by Morag