0.5 - Extra Information Regarding Hope For Hero

0.5 - Extra Information Regarding Hope For Hero

A Chapter by Morgan. E
"

Information regarding the story of Hope for Hero, there will be 'spoilers' if you could call it those and it contains information regarding future characters, I'll try to split up the information.

"
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ THIS INFORMATION IF YOU DON'T WANT TO, THIS IS JUST SOME EXTRA INFORMATION REGARDING THE WORLD AND THE CHARACTERS IN HOPE FOR HERO.

Across the Nation of Orion there are different settlements and of these settlements consist of different people, of different races, and different characteristics.

Kibou, a young boy aspiring to be a hero and take on the burden that comes with it, hopes to be chosen as a hero, however, becoming a hero does not come easily, amongst these settlements of the Nation of Orion one candidate from each is chosen, and these candidates are sent to an academy where they are taught the key aspects of becoming a hero and protecting the Nation of Orion with their abilities. With around 10-15 settlements scattered across Orion ranging from small villages to huge cities, every two years 10 candidates are chosen.

A boy in Kibou’s village is particularly suited for the role of the Hero, strong and athletic he’s the perfect candidate for training to become a hero, thus minimising Kibou’s chances, thus swaying Kibou’s determination but he is still adamant in becoming the chosen candidate for the hero.

The boy likely to be chosen as the Hero of their village has always looked down on Kibou, they went to the same elementary school and after Kibou preached his love and want for becoming a hero, the boy looked down on him as the boy showed promising characteristics for becoming a hero from a young age. Having spent the majority of his days bullying and undermining Kibou, it didn’t deteriorate Kibou’s determination, but as they grew older, the chances for Kibou becoming a hero became slimmer and slimmer.

 

There comes a certain time period when the candidates are chosen to become heroes, and this time period usually comes at around the night of the new year’s, the candidates will be chosen around the age of 16-17 around a month later the candidates are usually sent to the university to be trained and taught (though this is not compulsory it is highly recommended).

There are some cases in which some candidates would rather use their power for evil as opposed to good, these villains are more commonly known as ‘Hunted’ and usually lay low and work for more underground organisations that cause disruption in the Nation of Orion. Catching these Hunted is almost one of the Nation’s top priorities as in many cases civilians are harmed and worst case scenario killed.

The way in which a candidate can tell if they have been chosen as a hero is by a symbol being able to appear on the palm of their hands. This symbol would be able to be summon the Hero Candidate’s new found power at will of the hero and this would then unleash their abilities.

 

Characters (OC’s):

 

Kibou:

Male

16 Years Old

Short Messy Brown Hair

5ft 11in

Green Eyes

Somewhat Decently Structured Body.

11th Hero Candidate.

 

The main protagonist. While he does first appear to be a weak individual he is actually the only in history to be the 11th candidate to be chosen as a hero. Shy and Awkward he doesn’t usually know how to go about talking to new people but is more than willing to make friends with new people if given the opportunity. He is willing to stand up for what he believes in, though he almost always seems to fail as he struggles in one on one verbal arguments. He is an overall emotional person that can let words sway his emotions and judgement. He’s kind at heart and does slowly open up to the new people that he meets.

 

Myu:

Female

5 Years Old

Shoulder Length Blue Hair

Very Small In Size

Blue Eyes

The First Person To Be Saved By Kibou During The One Month Period Prior Going To The Academy.

 

During a small attack by some kidnappers on Kibou’s village, some villagers had been taken hostage and kidnapped, Kibou had been out of the village that day and on his way back he notices the villains hed into a hide out holding Myu and other villagers captive, they had planned to sell the villagers through human trafficking. As a few villagers managed to break free and assault the kidnappers they then managed to escape. As they make a run for it Kibou bumps into them and asks what's wrong, after they explain what happened they continue to make sprint back to the village, but after Kibou turns around he hears a crying noise from inside the building, having assumed there was still another person left in the building, Kibou reluctantly takes heads back and takes on three of the kidnappers, unleashing his power as a hero he manages to save Myu and call the authorities to arrest the villains. With Myu actually being an orphan Kibou decides to take her in and take care of her himself, something that becomes quite the dilemma when he has to set off for the hero university. She is very adorable and is quite shy, she doesn’t speak much but does express her love for Kibou very often.

 

 

 

Naos:

Male

16 Years Old

Red Hair That Sticks Up In Big Areas

6ft

Orange Eyes

Toned Body

Is The Person That Undermined Kibou And Bullied Him Throughout Their School Years

 

Naos is the prime candidate of his village to become hero, after he goes to the village centre to inform everyone he is thoroughly praised, as Naos sees Kibou he approaches him in an attempt to flaunt his new found abilities, as Kibou is reluctant to speak - hiding the fact that he was also chosen to be a hero - Naos becomes agitated and as he grabs Kibou by the collar Kibou resists revealing the hero symbol on the palm of his hand. Naos becomes dumbfounded and interrogates Kibou even further. He has menacing eyes and is very confrontational, he gets aggressive quickly which with his hero status can be seen as more of a benefit in some aspects, he usually has good intuition and is athletic, in the hero university he shines through popularity.

 

Yui:

Female

16 Years Old

Long White Hair

Light Yellow Eyes

5ft 4in

A Childhood Friend Kibou Once Met From A Different Village, She Has A Crush On Kibou And Is Thrilled When She Finds Out That She Will Be Able To Meet Kibou Again At The Hero University.

 

Yui comes in as the main love interest for Kibou, she expresses her love often rather boldly but Kibou doesn’t pay it much heed, she was chosen from her village as one of the hero candidates. She often stands up for Kibou when he is being ridiculed by other people and he doesn’t have the guts to talk for himself. She is an bubbly and overwhelmingly kind person and is often seen taking care of the other people in her class when they are in trouble.

 

Cursa:

Male

16 Years Old

Long Black Hair

Black Eyes

5ft 9in

Despite Looks Cursa Is One Of The Candidates To Be Chosen To Be A Hero, He Looks A Little Brain Dead Most Of The Time But Is A Fantastic Tactician.

 

Cursa was chosen as a hero candidate from one of the capitals, his appearance certainly says other wise which astounds the class when they find out he is from the capital, when the first test comes around for the new heroes he flies to the top of the leaderboard, attesting to his status, coming from the capital, however though what he has in knowledge he certainly lacks in physical prowess.

 

Fafnir:

Male

16 Years Old

Blonde

6ft 2in

Fafnir Was Chosen as a Hero Candidate From Another One Of The Capital’s.

 

Despite his terrifying name, he is actually quite a bashful young man who is modest at heart, he supports his friends but is also very determined in achieving his goal, he doesn’t like confrontation, but more often than not he doesn’t have to worry about people confronting him because of his height and physical build.

 

Maia:

Female

16 Years Old

Black Hair Tied Up In A Bun

5ft 8in

Chosen As A Hero Candidate From A Far Eastern Village Of The Nation.

 

Maia proclaims herself to be a strong capable woman, and that she is, not many people dare go against what she says, but she’s actually annoyed at how proud of herself she is when explaining it to other people as it often pushes them away which causes her to become distant with others, she’s actually a real softy at heart, however she becomes particularly close with Yui.

 

Pleione:

Female

16 Years Old

Golden Blonde Hair Falling To Half Way Down Her Back

5ft 6in

A Hero Candidate From The A More Urban Settlement.

 

Pleione is first seen as more of an oddity, she has a funny way of talking at times and a weird sense of humour, but she will become extremely focused if the situation calls for it. Her awkward personality is a cause for concern, especially with Kibou as she seems to like teasing him.

 

Sarin:

Female

16 Years Old

Ruffled Pink Hair

5ft 10in

She Was A Hero Candidate Chosen From A Village Near The Capital.

 

Sarin is definitely someone who likes to dive head first into danger, she doesn’t seem to realise the threat it has on her life, this is soon changed when she is forced into a near death experience by a villain, only later to be saved by Naos.

 

Chaise:

Male

16 Years Old

Short Blonde Hair

5ft 12in

A Hero Candidate Chosen From An Urban Settlement From The West, Him And Maia Often Clash Due To The Differences In Their Origin’s

 

Chaise presents the type of personality that has no fear in the face of danger, however in the actual face of danger he is a little skittish, he later claims that when he’s put on the spot he doesn’t feel like he can perform to the best of his ability which then later makes him feel inadequate.

 

Kenji:

Male

16 Years Old

Short Green Hair

5ft 11in

He’s One Of The First People To Make Acquaintances With Kibou, Kenji Is A Little Reluctant In Being Chosen As A Hero, But He Knows He Will Try His Best No Matter What.

 

Kenji does have a confident vibe to him, he’s a friendly person who makes friends with Kibou quickly in training, Kenji admires Kibou’s determination and often draws inspiration from Kibou without Kibou even realising, although Kibou does also admire Kenji and his confidence, he’s willing to talk to anyone and doesn’t let people’s words sway him.

Lucine:

Female

16 Years Old

Purple-ish Tinted Dark Hair

5ft 9in

Confident In Her Abilities She Does At First Appear To Be Arrogant, But After Having Help From Kibou And Realising That It’s Okay To Depend On The People Around You She Later Places Hero Trust In The Rest Of The Heroes.

 

She seemed to be pretty confident when she was chosen as a hero candidate, she certainly portrayed her strength and vitality in hand to hand combat, but she doesn’t often talk to the people around her, after an event she realises that being able to depend on her friends is absolutely fine.

 

 

 

Characters and their hero abilities:

Kibou

It is actually quite hard to determine what his ability actually was at the start of the story but his power seems to be able to have some sort of huge adrenaline rush, but for as long as his ability his active.

Naos

Naos gained the hero ability of strength, in hand to hand combat he usually dominates but due to his arrogant attitude he sometimes gets too cocky.

Yui

The ability Yui gained was the ability to summon water at will, this is quite a difficult ability to possess as she struggles to  actually control the flow of water that she emits.

Cursa

Cursa gains the ability of knowing all of the possible outcomes in any situation, to be more exact he is able to also know the chances of any situation, this is well suited for Cursa as he is already quite the tactician.

Fafnir

Fafnir is able to create fire at will, he has probably the most dangerous ability of the heroes and is given strict orders not to use it unless told to do so.

Maia

Maia gains the ability to manifest anything she desires, however, the limit on what she can manifest is based on whether or not she can handle it mentally.

Pleione

Pleione gains the ability to be able to heal/cure any injury and most illnesses, while her ability is not actually an offensive or defensive one, she is probably one of the most valuable assets in battle, next to Cursa.

Sarin

Sarin gains the ability of immunity for a certain period of time, this gives her a huge boost in confidence which also attests to the reason why she usually dives head first into battle.

Chaise

Chaise gains an enchanted sword as his ability, with a sword as his ability he is usually at the front of danger as a more offensive hero.

Kenji

Kenji gains the ability to create ice at will. He picks up his new found ability very quickly and even uses it in his home life.

Lucine

Lucine gains the ability of mind control, but this ability comes at a serious risk, when she uses her ability she also harbours the straining and enduring emotions of the person(s) she has chosen to mind control.

 

Other Important Characters:

Myu

A small young girl who was abandoned (orphaned) from a young age, she is the first person to be saved by Kibou and is taken in by him. She is quite a silent type but does love Kibou very much.

Akemi

Kibou’s mother who usually looks after Myu when Kibou is training. Her and Myu act like Kibou’s #1 fans, she always encourages and supports Kibou no matter what he does.

Lance

The name of the teacher who teaches the heroes when they reach the academy, he is also a veteran hero himself and has an optimistic attitude.

Achylis Organisation

The complete contrast to the hero’s, they are an evil organisation consisting of evil people and a number of hero candidates who decided to use their abilities for evil.

Loyals

After completing the training for becoming a hero, the candidates are initiated as Loyals, people who officially serve to protect the nation from any imposing threats.

 



© 2017 Morgan. E


Author's Note

Morgan. E
It's completely fine to just read the story without having read this, however, this does contain information about the characters such as height, age, etc.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on June 19, 2017
Last Updated on June 19, 2017
Tags: World Building, Extra Information


Author

Morgan. E
Morgan. E

Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom



About
I've recently taken up writing as I've always admired the worlds other people were able to create and in turn then wanted to create my own world. I want to make a world with characters that people are.. more..

Writing