Osteen

Osteen

A Chapter by Makel Pearce

Wing soars back into base through one of the holes, taken shape from a “Confrontation” between Blade and Shot.

            “Screech! I got bad news!” He yelled out, calling us all to attention.

            “What’s going on.” I asked calmly, placing my hand on his shoulder. He calms down.

            “I’ve gotten word of a man named Osteen, a scientist from that prison, he was giving information on us, saying that we need to be detained and put down, as if we were some animals who know nothing of morals.” He took a deep breath, trying not to lose his temper again. “He told these people that we were created in test tubes and broken out, killing half the staff in the lab and had escaped to the outside world… He’s having a gathering in Tampa, FL to continue to brief the people and take their questions.” He takes a breath and sighs. “What should we do Screech?”

            I sigh “It only been a few months and their coming at us already… ok, Blade and Shot, I want you two to see what you can do about him, let loose if you want, kill those who are in your way but do not kill any of the rally members, that is my only order to you two. Do you understand.” They both nod in agreement and walk out the room, immediately making their way to Tampa Bay.

            Night had fallen over them as Blade stepped into the room, watching as the rally roared as the man spewed madness to the press.

            “We must not let these “Experiments” roam free, they are very dangerous and must be stopped” He was not in the room with the rest of the rally, but his cries were powerful, able to change the hearts of those who heard it with ease, but there was nothing unnatural about him. They all cheered, screaming out how much they wanted our heads on poles, how they wanted us choked out of our home and murdered so that the whole nation would know that we are no longer a threat. Calm down Blade, they don’t define you, she thought to herself as she walked on, clenching her fists and gritting her teeth through this crowd of howling and overjoyed devils. She pushed through the nearest door into an empty hallway where Osteen’s voice echoed throughout, she followed it until two officers appeared behind her.

            “Ma’am you should not be walking around out here” The shorter man said politely, looking rather kind, unlike the other who officer who had drawn his gun and was aiming directly for her head.

            “Put your hands up!” He yelled at her, slightly paranoid. She slowly brought her hands up and placed them behind her head, he walked forward, turned her around and was about to place the handcuffs on her, but just before he could get the first cuff on her wrist, a bullet of bone broke through his cranium, piercing his Occipital lobe, running through his Parietal lobe, ripping apart his Frontal lobe, and lodging itself right in the front of his skull. He falls to the ground as the shorter man laughs a little, his arm covered in a bone, resembling that of a sniper rifle.

            “We’ll that was fun, wasn’t it Blade.” He smirked

            “You can take the hat off Shot.” She sighed “How’d you get the costume anyways” Shot takes off the hat, revealing his deep red dyed hair. His dark green eyes were piercing, just like the bullets he would fire off from miles away with such accuracy.

            “I had knocked out another officer who was patrolling the area” he shrugged “Don’t let these people get to you Blade, we have a mission to accomplish.” he placed his hat back “This is for our family to be safe from people such as Osteen, I’ll see you on the outside he laughed as he walked back in the opposite direction. She faced her objective again and ran forward, following the sound of his voice. I had reached the fourth floor before finding where his voice had originated from a fairly small room, surrounded by seven guards. I’ll make sure he never speaks of us again. She thought to herself as bones concealed her arms and sharpened into blades.

“Goodbye” She laughed as she ran forward, slashing one of their throats open, causing them to panic. She slid under them as they pulled out their pistols, slashing the legs off two of them. She turned back as her eyes went from black to a greyish-purple color. Minutes later, as the last screamed suddenly was cut off by the sound of a blade ripping into flesh, she cut the door down and without a second thought, lunged at the hysterical Osteen, forcing him against the ground.

“WAIT, IM SORRY!!” He pleaded for his life. “I WON’T SPEAK OF YOU ALL EVER AGAIN!!” flinching as Blade raises her arm.

“I know you won’t.” She laughs, driving her blade into Osteen’s chest, looking into his bloodshot eyes, she twists and pulls it out, watching as his hands immediately try to stop the blood flow. “You should never had spoken of us to the world.” She watches as the life drains from his eyes and draws his final breath. She stands up and quickly leaves the room, into the hall filled with the mangled bodies of the guards. She ran out the hallway door and through the crowd, who were too occupied speaking about the “Experiments” to realize that one of them, soaked with blood, was running through. She walked out and hid into the forest next to Shot who was waiting for her to come out.

“Took you long enough.” He laughed.

“He had no backbone, he was so paralyzed with fear that he couldn’t fight back, only plead for his life.” She sighed “I expected more, honestly” They gazed back at the building to see it flooded with officers clearing out the rally members, some were shock from seeing the bloody mess that she had left behind.

“Well, it looks like we should take our leave.” He laughed “Let’s get to the car before they start searching around the area. They both left their hiding area and walked back to the car, driving off back to base. “Well now they know defiantly know that we exist” he laughed.

“It doesn’t matter as long as we protect our family” She sighed “Now what else did you do, you’re the type to have some other agenda.”

“Oh yeah! I pulled this off Osteen, before you got to him.” He laughed, pulling out a flash drive.

“What’s that?” she asked confused.

“It’s a flash drive, maybe it’ll have something on how their trying to capture or kill us” He smiled just before the radio began to play out

“The Scientist Mr.Yumi was murdered tonight in the Tampa Bay Convention Center, along with the guards who were guarding his room. Mr.Yumi was stabbed into the abdomen by what seemed to be a blade of some sort, the men who guarded the room were all killed by a blade, but an officer, on the second floor was shot through his head, by what seemed to be a piece of bone. Another officer was found in only his underwear when we found him, knocked out in the dumpster, he had no reconciliation of what had occurred to him.” Shot turned off the radio.

“And now were going to have people everywhere trying to find us, the government is already trying, as well as those torturers of ours.”

“Let’s just get home, they’ll be searching the area to see if we’re still around.” Blade sighed as they drove through the night back home.

Several hours had passed before they saw Wing, scouting the area from above, wave at them, and soar back into base.

“They’re back.” Wing smiled “It seems that they were successful.”

“Thank god” I sighed in relief. Blade barges through the doors and smiles.

“Back!” She yelled out triumphantly.

“Get out of the way” Shot pushes her aside “Here you go sir.” Shot dropped the hard drive into my hands and turned to meet an enraged Blade. “Why so serious.” He laughed as his arm transformed into something similar to an assault rifle. She stared at him as her bones enclosed her arms and sharpened into scimitars. Just as Blade jumped forward and Shot took aim, I opened the palm of my left and aiming at Shots back. I took a deep breath and fired off a blast, planting itself right into the middle of his back. He screamed as a small explosion occurred, sending him flying at such a speed into the flustered Blade, They crashed through the wall and were knocked nearly unconscious.

“How many times must I tell you two to not fight inside the base.” I scolded them as they pulled themselves off the floor and went to their rooms.

“Wing, give this to fang” I toss him the flash drive “She was a hacker before she was taken.”

“I know, I know, she brags about it every day” He sighed as he leaves down to her room.



© 2017 Makel Pearce


Author's Note

Makel Pearce
Go for it XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on November 12, 2017
Last Updated on November 12, 2017


Author

Makel Pearce
Makel Pearce

Boynton Beach, FL



About
Florida, Born and Raised, I got into writing about a year ago after taking a creative writing class.(Nothing all that special I know) Began writing a novel after a few assignments and here I am. I'm n.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Makel Pearce


Efren Efren

A Book by Makel Pearce


Union Union

A Chapter by Makel Pearce